Sign in to follow this  
Immortal-D

I really think we need more 'thank you Trendy'

Amidst all the usual Chaos (pun intended) of a major game update, I just wanted to say thanks to all the devs for their hard work.  I know the dedication of TrendyEnt first hand; their love for Dungeon Defenders is real.  In the patch notes post, there a line about giving up holidays & weekends to pus this out.  I can assure you that's not exaggeration.

What we're seeing is the actual progression of a game from Alpha to Beta to balanced release.  A honest 'early access' experience, unlike typical EA which is a 95% finished Beta.  So keep up the good work Trendy.  I sincerely hope you guys have a means to filter out the legitimate critique and feedback from the angry rants, and don't let either get you down/frustrated.

I'm actually going to tag [[3957,users]] here.  The trolls complain loudest, but a lot of people (and I do mean a lot) love what Trendy is doing, and have legitimate feedback.  DD2 has a long ways to go yet, but I have faith you guys won't quit.  <3

I am loving Fire Aura/Frosty/SGT/Apprentice blockade.

DPSing on my squire and Monks.

So far not played as much as I wanted to due to IRL, but I am in Chaos 4 and trying to break into C5, just not enough hp or healing for those pesky Assassins. I think I need to consider a Dryad healing tree or abyss Lord healing zone. But I wanna stay original 4, so I need to start thinking of a solution^^

Really enjoying the update so far! but there is so much fixing to be done, PDT has some crit bug or crit scaling that makes it insane again :'(

Some defenses are superior due to not being countered (thank you flamethrowers, you got me through the game until I could find a ranged shard for my auras) while others like ballistas (Oh i would love to use them with oily and sployd) are super countered by Goedes.

Yeah, there are a lot of bugs and glaring balance issues from this new patch, which is to be expected.  That said, I really hope Trendy is patient about rolling out any major balance changes, especially on Tower range.  Once people realize how quickly you can level to use Range Gambit + Defense Power (plus needing to actually upgrade gear between difficulties), I think that issue will more or less be put to rest.

[[150185,users]] That's a solid combo, and really cheap to build too.

So far this update has been really great, I find myself waking up and thinking of the game right away, playing loads, feeling excited and keen to play, a 'pull' I hadn't been feeling for some time now. There is obviously so much scaling, balance and tweaking to still come out to make this update perfect, its far from it, but it is extremely enjoyable.
PDT needs to be sorted asap, and although all enemies added are great and have forced me to think hard about some of my builds on my way to C5, they might need a little looksie at by you Trendy. Just to give us more viable build choices. 

I would love it if ballista pierced right through geodes and shield gobus once you had the pierce shard -- things in this vain would be great to not render so many traps and projectiles near-useless. Don't nerf anything too hard, just bring some towers and shard combos up to scratch please <3 <3

I know you are taking in the 10 tonne load of information the playerbase is giving you via the forums, and I know you're likely already working on a lot of the topics mentioned. Know the majority of players are really loving the work thus far.

Much love, filthylopez

I enjoy seeing threads like these. I can only imagine how tiresome it is for Trendy to read the forums and see complaint after complaint. I have not been playing the new update for very long (3-4 Days) but I am enjoying the game much more then pre-update gameplay. Of course some things need to be tweaked but overall super impressed with the direction the game is going. Constructive criticism is all Trendy needs to "polish" the game. Anyone who comes on the forums to just rant is wasting their time and Trendys.

I agree. 

I feel like the progression is very smooth. I have playing my way from steamrolling C2, to only killing bosses in C3, and now I can do some C4 maps with DPS Hero participation. 

@Immortal-D quote:

Yeah, there are a lot of bugs and glaring balance issues from this new patch, which is to be expected.  That said, I really hope Trendy is patient about rolling out any major balance changes, especially on Tower range.  

Yep range is fine, if they change anything, they should double the base range and nerf the range gambit by half. End result nothing changes when you have the gambit to what it is now, but you start off with a tad more range. But personally i like the fact some builds are not possible in the early game, and you need to switch it up until you can build what you want. It reminds me of D2, no one starts the game with a smiter, thats end game for ubers or pvp.

Yeah, despite the bugs and everything, I'm loving the update. Makes the game feel "fresh", and it DOES bring the difficulty many of us have been looking for.

Thanks trendy!

Feedback us important for the games growth. Just because people have criticism doesn't mean they don't appreciate the devs. In fact, those that take the time to write constructive criticism are already showing their thanks. Any creator worth has salt knows exactly this feeling I'm trying to describe. As a creator myself, I actually love being constructively criticised in the work I do but maybe I'm just a freak

I for one love this game. 

Sure, it still needs some tweaking, and it kinda feels half-finished, but it feels like the screws are being tightened and the game is slowly but surely moving in the right direction. Yes the tone in these forums is waaay too negative, and I have pointed that out earlier, but to look on the bright side of things, I think that if people didn´t care for the game, they wouldn´t bother commenting anything  here, be it negative or positive feedback. When that is said, I know that a man can only take so much beating, before it´s time for a cookie, so let´s start giving the Trendy team less beating and more cookies.

M.

i totally agree.

thank you trendy, i'm enjoying this patch so much, i can't stop playing since it got released. thaaaaaank you.

@Fozzie quote:

Yeah fully love the update, there were are issues but overall a massive leap forward.

It's now starting to get close to the dd1 bar.

same here thanks for this update ! i enjoy the game like its a new ^^

just need some adjustement and perfect .

ps: hate your (geodes ) xD

Yeah, the hard work is clear. I appreciate the hard work though I'm not too pleased with where the game is headed. Regardless I'll still play the game because I'm a fan of their past work.

Personally I still have yet to be able to play due to being patient zero for an all item wipe bug. I had stuff to take care of so I couldn't play until late, when i did get to play my younger brother wanted to join. We very quickly saw the issues in splitscreen but decided to keep playing anyway. I won't knock any specifics with the update as I haven't been able to play for myself, I've just spent the last week reading an excessive amount of posts & from what I've seen more dislike then like the update.

If you like the update then allow me to ask one question, do you play solo or co-op more? I've noticed many who enjoy the update keep to themselves.

The update has been great for me. I'm a casual player and can do C2 now without fail though C3 requires a lot of luck. I actually look forward to playing now.

The trials update is the right direction in my opinion. I dig it.

I definitely appreciate the hard work Trendy is putting into this game and am generally optimistic about the final product.

That said, I want to provide honest feedback and suggestions to help contribute to the process when I feel I can. Given that I have not played in over a year, however, I'm thinking I might just back off completely and wait for it to come out of EA if the next update or two doesn't offer something to draw me back in (see some of my other recent posts if you want to know what I'm looking for).

Keep going, Trendy. I'm looking forward to seeing where this game ends up even though I might not be rejoining the party on the way there.

Thank you so much for this thread. We're not ignorant of the issues. We're absolutely going to improve the experience, and we're going to do our best to do so in a timely fashion. <3

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

I definitely appreciate the hard work Trendy is putting into this game and am generally optimistic about the final product.

That said, I want to provide honest feedback and suggestions to help contribute to the process when I feel I can. 

I love this post in particular, and I want to take a moment to say something here. Honest, constructive feedback is appreciated. Another player mentioned we don't reply to negative feedback as often as we do to positive feedback. I'm going to try to do better about that. But even if we don't reply to it, we do listen to it and react to it -- we have a large number of UI and gameplay tweaks coming in the next few weeks based on what we've been hearing so far. 

Absolutely fantastic update! I've been waiting so long for some challenge, and not being able to use more than 3 dps towers out of 30 is so much fun! gg wp, keep up the good work

PDT is totally useless. Yes, it has crazy dps, but it became a single target tower, with the poison being the weak part. Just try setting up a lane on chaos 4-5 with pdts and see where these "op" towers get you. Even without the geodes, it's not good for much. Yes, 200k dps sounds great, but 40 points for something that's only beneficial against bosses, and totally useless against geodes? no thanks.

I agree the update is a blast. Just tough trying to figure out gear as far as upgrades which is better for me and trying to figure out a balanced team that does not rely on broke towers atm. I also wish the synergy was back I planned on using oil and fire this round, but with traps useless pretty much is a tough find.

Not to be rude, but I am going to have to hold out on a thank you.  Great ideas quite often poorly implemented.  A game in "EA" for over four years and still making such massive changes that the player base feels and receives the breakdown from it.  

Trendy has a ways to go or needs to sell the IP to a larger studio with more organization and experience.