Sign in to follow this  
sulusdacor

speed orbs for what tower?

since so far i found just taking speed as a secoundary stat is usally better. the speed to main stat only gives such a marginal increase with a big loss in dps. i personaly only use one orb on my frosty towers, but only because i do not have the buff shard. i would probably switch that if i had it, leaving the orbs as pretty useless drops in my expierience.

Did anyone have a good tower shard combination where these orb are actually usefull?

can confirm snaking sands with speed relict + range shard + range ascention work really well :) (if only emp orcs warent a thing ^^)

@The Shiny Eevee Virtuoso quote:

PDT is also slightly higher dps with orb, is it not? 

It is indeed. Juicebags did some testing for us and came to that conclusion. 
https://youtu.be/K_dCDmDQwX0

It was a difference of really slow powerful hits vs really fast slightly less powerful hits. With how fast mobs move, you certainly want the faster hits even if that means slightly less damage. That's why the Apprentice's Earthshatter tower isn't as amazing as its frontloaded damage would lead us to believe.

EDIT: It appears that for PDT, the Mark is in fact better. Juicebags may have been a bit preemptive in his judgement there.

@calmchaos quote:
@The Shiny Eevee Virtuoso quote:

PDT is also slightly higher dps with orb, is it not? 

It is indeed. Juicebags did some testing for us and came to that conclusion. 
https://youtu.be/K_dCDmDQwX0

It was a difference of really slow powerful hits vs really fast slightly less powerful hits. With how fast mobs move, you certainly want the faster hits even if that means slightly less damage. That's why the Apprentice's Earthshatter tower isn't as amazing as its frontloaded damage would lead us to believe.

But his mark had Defense Health instead of a dmg stat i think, that's why he wasn't using it

Yeah, pretty sure marks are the best relics for PDT's now.

Orbs are pretty much only good for utility traps, which are basically geysers and snaking sands.

@gigazelle quote:

Yeah, pretty sure marks are the best relics for PDT's now.

Orbs are pretty much only good for utility traps, which are basically geysers and snaking sands.

^^^
I did some testing with somewhat equal Mark vs Orb and the Mark was a lot better than orb. Orbs hands-down are the most amazing thing for utility traps and towers, sometimes to hilarious degrees xD

Ah, ok. It seems that Marks are better than Orbs for PDTs. I'll edit my previous comment to prevent misinformation.

Orb primary stat rolls at 75% of the other relic's prime stat - such as the mark's crit damage.

So by taking Orb, you've already lost stats, not to mention crit damage scaling is probably greater than the atk speed (speed might have diminishing returns).