Sign in to follow this  
ROK103

Shard Exchange

How about we take the sphere lady and repurpose her as a shard exchange merchant.

You feed her 3 shards from a given tier and she randomly exchanges them for another shard from that tier.

This would give us another avenue to get a chance at the range and other shards we need as we start to accrue many duplicates that we don't need. 

Would be awesome if something like that makes it into the game so that we dont have to destroy the x-th useless shard and having a (more or less) small chance for a shard trade to the better.

@ROK103 quote:

How about we take the sphere lady and repurpose her as a shard exchange merchant.

You feed her 3 shards from a given tier and she randomly exchanges them for another shard from that tier.

This would give us another avenue to get a chance at the range and other shards we need as we start to accrue many duplicates that we don't need. 

We just removed that feature from armor, and now you want to add it to shards. I dont mean to be rude, but I think that is a terrible idea :)

@krsans78 quote:

@ROK103 quote:

We just removed that feature from armor, and now you want to add it to shards. I dont mean to be rude, but I think that is a terrible idea :)

What? No we didn't. The only similarity is the sacrificing of items, but the outcome is very different. One just made one item stronger, this would make useless items into a potentially useful one.

@Ambiguous quote:

@krsans78 quote:

@ROK103 quote:

What? No we didn't. The only similarity is the sacrificing of items, but the outcome is very different. One just made one item stronger, this would make useless items into a potentially useful one.

Splitting hairs is an art in and of itself :) Armor you dont need is just as useless as shards you dont need. You used armor to effect other armor. You want to use shards to get other shards. Its just a neuance of the system Trendy just said they were glad to rid us from. We can surely agree to disagree if you are still adamant about your view ^^

@krsans78 quote:

Armor you dont need is just as useless as shards you dont need.

No. "Useless" armor still had/has a use: gold. Shards on the other hand are only worth 10g (even at max rank), and ones you don't want do nothing but take up space in your inventory. If un-upgraded shards stacked, it'd be less of a problem, but would only be a band-aid fix. The real source of the issue is that useless shards are truly useless. In any case, you didn't use the old upgrade system to get rid of useless armor, so using that as a point of comparison is flawed from the start.