Sign in to follow this  
AlphaMao

I quit

after learning you cant gain better gear than nm4 gear unless you have chaos gear and yet cant complete chaos levels from the very gear that it drops, I deleted all my gear, all my inventory with the hopes of experiencing the game again new and fresh. but I lost all joy. over 1500 hours and im out. laters

Don't believe everything you hear on the Chinese whispers\jungle telegraph.

Maybe you'll learn to ask questions before making rash decisions.

With NM4 gear I was able to jump straight into C3 and find upgrades within 36 hours enough to start seeing major upgrades in C4, and soon to be C5. You'll find it actually kind of snowballs as you keep getting upgrades. 

The progression actually feels really smooth right now, you just need to embrace it and get over that first slump. I started some new heroes with friends and helped them out and found going from campaign-C1 then to C2 wasn't too hard, solo or with friends, but it did take more time than it did going from NM4 gear to C4 difficulty.

You will be missed Emoji_Squire.png

If you can't do Chaos 3 with NM4 gear, you're just bad at the game and most likely was one of those players who simply built and then idled while towers dis all the work. 

Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out.~

@ShadowBerry quote:

If you can't do Chaos 3 with NM4 gear, you're just bad at the game and most likely was one of those players who simply built and then idled while towers dis all the work. 

keyboard warriors how sad " ohh look at me i play a game and talk tuff to people ill never have to meet in person gah im such a bad ass"

What exactly is your point? nM4 gear is completely sufficient for beating all Chaos 3 maps, and if you can't, you're doing something wrong. 

What does meeting with them in person have to do with anything? 

Am I missing something here?

@ShadowBerry quote:

What exactly is your point? nM4 gear is completely sufficient for beating all Chaos 3 maps, and if you can't, you're doing something wrong. 

What does meeting with them in person have to do with anything? 

Am I missing something here?

I was having a tough time, even with C2.  And trust me... my gear was all AFK NM4, even without PDT/PB...

Having said that, I did leech off my friends for a bit, but I was still a bit confused.  Anyways, looks like all of my medallions got the shaft, since they were fully upgraded prior to the patch.  Also the fact that the "gear drop is based on the gear level of the hero's in your deck"???.

Also, as mentioned above, I liked to build without the PDT cheese, or even other types of cheese...  So, I see that people are on the Nimbus cheese...  So, I switched gears to the Dryad, and yea... I can start beating maps... rather easily.

More towers need to be viable.  Siege rollers should just stop destroying traps and auras.

Welcome to PDT Defeners II Nimbus Defenders.

@ShadowBerry quote:

If your'e going to troll, at least tell the whole story.  Nightmare IV gear alone isn't enough for Chaos III.  You gotta grind out a few ascension levels and shards first.

Just my 2 cents here,

I was able to do C2 - all maps, with my 700 to 750 ipower gear and my starting shards and no ALevels. I was able to do C3 with one or two upgrades. My transition to C3 mainly was due to how active I was with my DPS hero. AL, Monk, or Gun Witch and upgrading my gear really carried those early tries.

I can now do some C4 maps with the same heroes and 1 or 2 more upgrades(no medallion upgrades yet) and a couple of DPS shards. If you ask me, the progression is really smooth. You just need to keep playing and eventually some upgrades will come. 

Note: I never did the average level loot thing and I still got upgrades to my gear. 

@AlphaMao quote:

after learning you cant gain better gear than nm4 gear unless you have chaos gear and yet cant complete chaos levels from the very gear that it drops, I deleted all my gear, all my inventory with the hopes of experiencing the game again new and fresh. but I lost all joy. over 1500 hours and im out. laters

Wrong. You can complete C3 using NM4 gear to get C3 gear. Then you can complete C4 using C3 gear to get C4 gear. Then you can complete C5 using C4 to get C5 gear.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@AlphaMao quote:

Wrong. You can complete C3 using NM4 gear to get C3 gear. Then you can complete C4 using C3 gear to get C4 gear. Then you can complete C5 using C4 to get C5 gear.

Wrong, some people can't get upgrade to their NT4 gear because of some bug. They have to dump it with trash c2/c3 gear and farm again.

@NeedtoDie quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@AlphaMao quote:

Wrong, some people can't get upgrade to their NT4 gear because of some bug. They have to dump it with trash c2/c3 gear and farm again.

I don't know what NT4 gear is, but if you can't upgrade it, so what? Get C3 gear. Then get C4 gear. Then get C5 gear.

Now that doesn't make any sense. He says he can't complete the chaos level with the chaos gear from previous level.

It's kind of hard to understand, but you will get really trash items if you play with your NT4 gear sometimes. Items that can't be equipped to win the current difficulty. Meaning you have to go back to chaos 1-2 and do like you lost all your gear/relics.

I don't mind it, but I'm sure some people will, seeing how difficult it can be to correctly drop stuff for even one single character.

@Tiamata quote:

@ShadowBerry quote:

If your'e going to troll, at least tell the whole story.  Nightmare IV gear alone isn't enough for Chaos III.  You gotta grind out a few ascension levels and shards first.

i agree but its good for c 1 or c2 for grinding shard ander better gear 

@NeedtoDie quote:

Now that doesn't make any sense. He says he can't complete the chaos level with the chaos gear from previous level.

It's kind of hard to understand, but you will get really trash items if you play with your NT4 gear sometimes. Items that can't be equipped to win the current difficulty. Meaning you have to go back to chaos 1-2 and do like you lost all your gear/relics.

Then he's doing it wrong. Still don't know what NT4 is.

Already farming the best C5 gear. You just need to learn new shard and progression system and then it feels smooth.