i think u should change chaos 1 chaos 2 and chaos 3 mobs so we can use any tower

i think changing the chaos 1 chaos 2 chaos 3 mobs so that people can use all towers instead of countering your own game would be more enjoying. more or less making meta builds that bypass projetile shields the num1 thing 80% of the towers r useless with chaos 1 chaos 2 chaos 3 yes im exp player im not  a noob im just saying a change in them 3 would be nice for the game and the furture of the game. 

chaos 1 maybe give him less life and takes 50% less damage from the front instead of been immune to projetiles from the front

chaos 2 Emp robots take 50% less from auras/traps and do not stun them or stop them from working

chaos 3 change it to a shield that u need to damage b4 u can hit anything in the shield not be immune to projetiles and throw them all over the place

i understand u want to make the game more challenging but countering 80% of the towers is not the way to do it imo

sorry for the fail typing

I very much agree. The general idea from TE is good, meaning certain mobs have different weaknesses and resists, but rendering certain defenses useless would just create a meta where towers who aren't countered by any mobs a lot more useful than other towers.

As far modifying current mobs:

Chaos 1 (shield goblins): agree with you. Could reduce health a bit, but doesn't matter much. 2 choices: make it so front damage is reduced to 50% dmg, or the shield has some hp and front attacks can break the shield.

Chaos 2 (EMB orc): reduce the disabling radius. Could do 2 things: reduce defenses stun time, or disabled defenses deal 50% dmg.

Chaos 3 (Shield Orb): I think the best solution would be to make everything inside invincible until you deal enough dmg to the shield and break it. You would then need to kill the orb enemy before he regenerates and create another shield. That would be fair.

Chaos 4 (fast lady orc): She's perfect.

Chaos 5 (assassins): These need some changes. I can clear Chaos 5 without too much trouble now, but assassins basically forces you to go HH with either AP or Hd (I guess crit could work also). I'm fine with their killing hero thing and their damage, but disabling any hero action while they target you and making it last so long is just too much. At least let us use our primary attack and repair while getting targeted and make it possible to evade. I don't want to be forced to go HH. 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

I very much agree. The general idea from TE is good, meaning certain mobs have different weaknesses and resists, but rendering certain defenses useless would just create a meta where towers who aren't countered by any mobs a lot more useful than other towers.

Chaos 1 (shield goblins): agree with you. Could reduce health a bit, but doesn't matter much. 2 choices: make it so front damage is reduced to 50% dmg, or the shield has some hp and front attacks can break the shield.

Chaos 2 (EMB orc): reduce the disabling radius. Could do 2 things: reduce defenses stun time, or disabled defenses deal 50% dmg.

Chaos 3 (Shield Orb): I think the best solution would be to make everything inside invincible until you deal enough dmg to the shield and break it. You would then need to kill the orb enemy before he regenerates and create another shield. That would be fair.

Chaos 5 (assassins): These need some changes. I can clear Chaos 5 without too much trouble now, but assassins basically forces you to go HH with either AP or Hd (I guess crit could work also). I'm fine with their killing hero thing and their damage, but disabling any hero action while they target you and making it last so long is just too much. At least let us use our primary attack and repair while getting targeted and make it possible to evade. I don't want to be forced to go HH. 

i think the chaos 2 50% less damage would be overkill for auras and maybe traps but mostly auras would be useless i think 5-10% is fair

for chaos 5 assassin maybe 500k life but hits harder and let us use our skills instead of locking us out from using skills/repair

@zactkiller2 quote:

i think the chaos 2 50% less damage would be overkill for auras and maybe traps but mostly auras would be useless i think 5-10% is fair

for chaos 5 assassin maybe 500k life but hits harder and let us use our skills instead of locking us out from using skills/repair

5-10% is too little to even impact the game. The idea is to have certain enemies resist between towers and aura/traps (not making deal 0 dmg, just resisting). The real problem is the fact that certain defenses are in a third category which isn't tower or trap/auras, making them effective against all mobs currently (I can think of flamethrowers, ramster, nimbus). Getting rid of defenses effective against all ememies will be a huge improvement. Imo resistance are fair when enemies resist about 50% of a certain type of dmg.

As a former semi-hardcore WoW raider, I kind of see the "use best possible towers only to progress" a feasible thing to do. 

You don't see top raid guilds using *** comps to rais, they actually level alts and gear them to progress further as the meta unveils. 

I don't really mind the current system. If you want to be at the end-game, prepare to make sacrifices and to use whatever is good, instead of what you'd prefer yourself. 

@ShadowBerry quote:

As a former semi-hardcore WoW raider, I kind of see the "use best possible towers only to progress" a feasible thing to do. 

You don't see top raid guilds using *** comps to rais, they actually level alts and gear them to progress further as the meta unveils. 

I don't really mind the current system. If you want to be at the end-game, prepare to make sacrifices and to use whatever is good, instead of what you'd prefer yourself. 

there was a time in wow where there was only 1 viable tank class, and every hybrid class was only viable as a healer, even some of the pure dps classes were merely tolerated in endgame raids for some of their utilities they brought, but generally, dps slots were filled with the top 3-4 dps classes.

And that was ***, it wasn't good game design especially considering how long it took in vanilla to lvl up and gear a new character.

Introducing new mechanics in a game which force players to rethink strategies and add in more variety are a good thing. But Introducing mechanics which render large parts of the classes, towers or strategys useless is BAD.

I very much agree with this post, at least in principle.  The particulars are all about balance and counterplay--every defense should have a place where it's good, and a place where it's not-so-good.

I think the shield goblins should reduce (not negate) ALL DAMAGE that passes through them from the front, not just projectile damage, similar to siege roller.  Auras and traps should be the counters to shield goblins.

If these Chaos I -  Chaos IV mobs remain in the game, then I would like to know what Trendy expects anyone to do with Explosive Traps and Oil Geysers. They are instantly destroyed on contact by Siege Rollers, disabled by Cyborks, and their range is much too small to even trigger once if you place them outside of the range of Siege Rollers.

What is the point of having defenses in the game that cannot be used? It's not even like you can use them in lanes without SRs and Cyborks because you have no idea what lanes they're going to be in when you build the map.

When there's like a handful of defenses that have no counter and 80+% of defensive are hard countered by enemies, it makes the game really boring. You really have no choice in what defenses you use because only a very small subset are even remotely viable.

In the past the meta was "which tower is the most OP?" but now the meta is "which tower isn't completely useless?"

What is the purpose of including useless defenses in the game? That's all I want to know. Someone give me an answer to that question, please.

And just because WoW was a terrible game doesn't mean DD2 also needs to be a terrible game. What an absurd thing to say.

@zactkiller2 quote:

chaos 2 maybe 5-10% less damage from auras/traps dont make them useless i think thats a fair %

i think it should be a flat 20%.  it doesn't complete make them useless but it still lower their damage by quite  a bit. 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

My feedback

Chaos 1: They should be immune or receive 50% damage from projectile shots, but not "eat" the shots (they shouldn't destroy projectiles). I feel they are fine otherwise.

Chaos 2: Again, they, personally, should be immune or take 50% damage from traps, but shouldn't totally disable traps. At 50% reduction, they would still have the punching power to take down walls before getting killed if the only tower is a trap.

Chaos 3: My biggest issue. I have no idea how to fix this. These guys individually are worse than all the bosses in the game right now if you don't use one of the few towers that bypass their bubble. Perhaps instead of a reflect, their shield gives all enemies 35-50% damage reduction while inside of it. Traps and Auras bypass the damage reduction, while CC stops the aura.

Chaos 4: Not here yet.

Chaos 5: From simply viewing the videos people have thrown up, this doesn't even look fun. I'd rather just have DD1's but stronger. They check to see if your current hero has up-to-spec DPS and bulk. If you're not alive, they should specifically target damaging towers.

I thought the point of trails was suppose to diversify tower usage, not narrow down the towers we can use until it's pointless to use anything but the 3 towers that bypass the Chaos 1-3 mob immunity.

@zactkiller2 quote:

i think changing the chaos 1 chaos 2 chaos 3 mobs so that people can use all towers instead of countering your own game would be more enjoying. more or less making meta builds that bypass projetile shields the num1 thing 80% of the towers r useless with chaos 1 chaos 2 chaos 3 yes im exp player im not  a noob im just saying a change in them 3 would be nice for the game and the furture of the game. 

chaos 1 maybe give him less life and takes 50% less damage from the front instead of been immune to projetiles from the front

chaos 2 maybe 5-10% less damage from auras/traps dont make them useless i think thats a fair %

chaos 3 change it to just a shield that u need to damage b4 u can hit anything in the shield not be immune to projetiles and throw them all over the place

i understand u want to make the game more challenging but countering 80% of the towers is not the way to do it imo

sorry for the fail typing

Agree with this all the way.  Even when PDTs ruled the land you didn't have to use them to clear NM4 maps. Several people posted on Youtube PDTless builds.  Now its like we can only use flamethrower towers, undead hamster thingys, pissed off rain clouds, or waste our time with towers that aren't worth anything.  

With the current changes some characters are now only worth using as dps or they only have ONE decent tower.  This is a tower defense game last I checked so having useless towers is bad.  The monk got a lot of combat improvements making him better at dps, BUT ALL HIS TOWERS SUCK NOW.  

Two of them are shut down by the robotic orc with the EMP hammer and i cant even tell if they are better than the pre-trail versions.  You would think a circle of fire would roast shields, a lighting aura would fry an armored goblin, or short circuit robotic foes.  The boost aura is a victim of trendy's who needs range idea and I have yet to see it used.  Plus the orc shuts it down too.  The skyguard is another victim of the screw range thing.  How many accession points do i need to make boost aura and skyguard not suck? No one is going to make 4 monks to fix the range on each aura and skyguard. 

Making the unbuffed range of select towers longer could also fix (or least help when combined with other ideas) issues with both tower viability and current mob OPness. 

It's not that Chaos should change, it's that there should be a balance that allows use of all towers rather than a very narrow few.  It's a function of how the game is unbalanced, not Chaos alone.

Once you get super maxed out you have a lot more options but i think most ground defenses are still a no go unless you can stun/1shot the cyborks with em.