Chaos 3 and 4 gear the same?

@Pegazul quote:

Its not speculation i spent the first few days testing this *** + wasting my time not getting upgrades.

I mean no offense, a lot of people have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how the system works, and i think we have all benefited for it, but this seems like the definition of speculation to me.

There are too many variables to ever really know for sure specifically how the loot system works without Trendy telling us. More than likely people are just going to try to be be safe and go overboard in case one of the factors influences the outcome.

weapon drops are based on your heroes current stats.

just finished chaos 3 and got a 700 stat weapon for my squire because i forgot to equip him some armors (only have his weapons) and the only one at my deck that time was AL the other 3 slots are vacant/empty.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

If that is true then I'm done with the game.  The biggest upgrade in gear I've seen is about +10 on armor stats and +100 on relics, and those upgrades are 1 in a million.  If the grind is really that slow then this game is possibly in the worst state its been since I've started playing. (I started around when Betsy came out and the level cap was 20)

Agreed!

If it takes longer than a week to get max gear after an update, that's ridiculous. Trendy needs to address this issue immediately. I shouldn't have to spend more than a day tops to get max gear on all my characters. Playing the game for more than a couple of days is WAY TOO MUCH OF A GRIND!!!!1!11!!

giphy.gif

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

If that is true then I'm done with the game.  The biggest upgrade in gear I've seen is about +10 on armor stats and +100 on relics, and those upgrades are 1 in a million.  If the grind is really that slow then this game is possibly in the worst state its been since I've started playing. (I started around when Betsy came out and the level cap was 20)

Agreed!

If it takes longer than a week to get max gear after an update, that's ridiculous. Trendy needs to address this issue immediately. I shouldn't have to spend more than a day tops to get max gear on all my characters. Playing the game for more than a couple of days is WAY TOO MUCH OF A GRIND!!!!1!11!!

giphy.gif

Sorry I'm not a Trendy *** sucker and will actually point out the flaws in their game.  The reason this game has turned to *** is because of people like you who praise every awful decision they make. When I put 10-15 hours into a game and get 0 reward, there is something wrong. Getting 2 upgrades in a week on top of the god awful shard system where I can complete chaos 4 and get chaos 1 shards instead, is just bad game design.  I lost my appreciation for Trendy and their imaginary QA team over a year ago.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

Sorry I'm not a Trendy *** sucker and will actually point out the flaws in their game.  The reason this game has turned to *** is because of people like you who praise every awful decision they make. When I put 10-15 hours into a game and get 0 reward, there is something wrong. Getting 2 upgrades in a week on top of the god awful shard system where I can complete chaos 4 and get chaos 1 shards instead, is just bad game design.  I lost my appreciation for Trendy and their imaginary QA team over a year ago.

You're being disrespectful. Some people enjoy grind, others don't have our trouble finding gear. A decision you dislike is not always awful.

And for the most important part, this game is in early access, meaning WE are the QA team. Did you really expect this major EA update to go flawlessly from day 1 ?!

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

Agreed!

giphy.gif

One major problem is that for those who DO know how the system works (or are lucky enough to not be bugged?  Hard to verify if there's a bug or not with some people), they're already reaching top gear within a week anyways.

All this patch did was introduce a loot system that's ridiculously unintuitive, confusing, unexplained in-game or even out of it in any official channel, and STILL GETS MAXED OUT WITHIN A WEEK ANYWAYS for those who figure it out.

Good thing ascension exists because everything else (shards, gear upgrades, loot) will be maxed out within a month for those who are able to tolerate this clunky system.  The only thing this did was took away things we already had (most sphere abilities and weapon-exclusive passives) and force us to re-grind for them (which is annoying enough to make most people quit) while making the re-grind not take that long anyways for those who know how to work it (which basically means we'll be back at square one in a month except now with less players).

man, i've hit ascension level 47 with still mostly old nm4 gear fully upgraded and my other 2-3 unused heroes in my deck have been sitting there mostly naked or with trash loot and i have been wondering why the loot in c1-c3 has been total trash and ranging widely in ipwr.

from what ive read about this so far, i HAVE to downgrade myself, removing old nm4 gear with worse unupgraded c3 drops, and i also have to remove my other naked chars from my deck to get better loot?

also some people say the item upgrade levels don't count in towards your loot calculations, some say it does, which is it? I would like to know if i have to waste millions into upgrading gear which is worse or equal to what i already had.

@NeedtoDie quote:

And for the most important part, this game is in early access, meaning WE are the QA team. Did you really expect this major EA update to go flawlessly from day 1 ?!

You do realise they actually do have a a QA team right? I know it's hard to believe but they do. And a lot of problems with this update aren't even bugs they aren't really just common sense as to how a system should work and not be crap. The main problem with this update is that most stuff is working as intended.  And when the majority of feedback for the update is negative, it' not just me.  The problem is Trendy ignores negative feedback. If you look they only respond to positive posts or posts pointing out bugs. They never respond to negative feedback. Easily the worst developers I have ever seen.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:
@NeedtoDie quote:

You do realise they actually do have a a QA team right? I know it's hard to believe but they do. And a lot of problems with this update aren't even bugs they aren't really just common sense as to how a system should work and not be crap. The main problem with this update is that most stuff is working as intended.  And when the majority of feedback for the update is negative, it' not just me.  The problem is Trendy ignores negative feedback. If you look they only respond to positive posts or posts pointing out bugs. They never respond to negative feedback. Easily the worst developers I have ever seen.

The main problem with this update is that 90% of Dungeon Defender's playerbase is a bunch of whiney cry babies.

One person says I already beat Chaos V. This game is too easy. Waaah!

Another person says I can't even beat Chaos I. This game is too hard. Waaah!

Someone else says it's been 2 days since the update and I don't have every shard yet this is too much grind. Waaah!

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

@NeedtoDie quote:

What would you call Siege Roller, then ? Most of the changes came from negative feedback.

To everyone in this thread:  Make sure you're playing Trials and not practice. You won't find gear upgrades if you're playing practice. Also, make sure you're equipping loot on all of your decked heroes as that's how the system currently works. If you ARE playing Trials and not finding upgrades in Chaos 3/Chaos 4, send a bug report to our Bug Reporting Site.

To answer the earlier question, your NM4 gear should not be affecting the loot drop tables. I have QA triple checking now and pulling some profiles from this thread.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

They never respond to negative feedback. Easily the worst developers I have ever seen.

Oh hai

@iamisom quote:
@Fluffy Toaster quote:

They never respond to negative feedback. Easily the worst developers I have ever seen.

Oh hai

I don't care if you recognize it or not, I'm not wrong.  I have never seen this much of a lack of communication ever.  And its been going on for years.  Even Hello Games had more communication.  I remember a few months ago when I stopped playing and decided to wait for the update I looked at the forums and the entire first few pages were negative and the only one that had a response from devs was a positive one saying that all the negative posts were a bunch of cry babies.  The dev response was a picture of salt saying the negative comments were just salt filled whiners. Quality community interaction.  And every time you release an update it seems like you guys take a 3 day break because all of the questions and complaints filling the forum are left unanswered. You guys have this distorted idea of what is good and bad is and for some reason you think your game is great and don't fix the things people complain about.  The only reason you even responded was because I said that.

@NeedtoDie quote:

What would you call Siege Roller, then ? Most of the changes came from negative feedback.

And how long did it take them to do that? It should have been a quick fix.  I don't count responding to negative feedback months after it is given to bee good.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Someone else says it's been 2 days since the update and I don't have every shard yet this is too much grind. Waaah!

Except it has been a week and I have found 2 upgrades for one character.  You can't take valid complaints and take them to the extreme to invalidate them if they are valid complaints.  Sorry I'm not as lucky as you.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Except it has been a week and I have found 2 upgrades for one character.  You can't take valid complaints and take them to the extreme to invalidate them if they are valid complaints.  Sorry I'm not as lucky as you.

...Except I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the people who were literally complaining about not finding a specific shards on day 2. Not everything is about you. You're not the center of the universe.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

...Except I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the people who were literally complaining about not finding a specific shards on day 2. Not everything is about you. You're not the center of the universe.

Except this is in the post i created and it is an exaggeration of kind of what I was saying.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Except this is in the post i created and it is an exaggeration of kind of what I was saying.

Ok, If you insist, I will apply it to you too so you don't have to feel left out. You don't have a valid complaint. There. Happy now?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Fluffy Toaster quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Ok, If you insist, I will apply it to you too so you don't have to feel left out. You don't have a valid complaint. There. Happy now?

I was just saying that it made complete sense for me to think you were referencing me.