Chaos 3 and 4 gear the same?

I have played several chaos 3 chaos 4 maps and the gear that drops on chaos 4 is no better than that of chaos 3, and if the are the upgrade is so minuscule it doesn't really matter. Does anyone else have this problem? 

Your current gear determines what actually drops for you while the Chaos tiers determine the max power of the gear that drops.

Example:

[--C1--][-----C2-----][-------C3-------][-----------C4-----------][-----------------C5-----------------]
______________________[--You--]___________________________________________________

If that is true then I'm done with the game.  The biggest upgrade in gear I've seen is about +10 on armor stats and +100 on relics, and those upgrades are 1 in a million.  If the grind is really that slow then this game is possibly in the worst state its been since I've started playing. (I started around when Betsy came out and the level cap was 20)

It took me about a day from starting chaos 4 to getting to the chaos 4 gear cap, I really think you're overreacting, this update is fantastic. It actually feels like a challenge when you enter the next difficulty up

@FelixJG quote:

It took me about a day from starting chaos 4 to getting to the chaos 4 gear cap, I really think you're overreacting, this update is fantastic. It actually feels like a challenge when you enter the next difficulty up

This, 100%.
Progression feels so much smoother now.

Except there is no point to upgrading gear because you will never find anything better than the upgraded gear so you will have to pick up stuff that's worse then upgrade it so it is better which requires a lot of gold.  Completing 3 chaos 4 maps and 7 chaos 3s and not finding a single upgrade isn't over reacting. Especially when im getting chaos 1 and 2 shards instead of chaos 4 shards along with it.  I just  don't have the time nor want to sink 10 hours into the game to get 3 upgrades. I have found 2 good upgrades since the update came out. that is way to little.

@Fluffy Toaster quote:

Except there is no point to upgrading gear because you will never find anything better than the upgraded gear so you will have to pick up stuff that's worse then upgrade it so it is better which requires a lot of gold.  Completing 3 chaos 4 maps and 7 chaos 3s and not finding a single upgrade isn't over reacting. Especially when im getting chaos 1 and 2 shards instead of chaos 4 shards along with it.  I just  don't have the time nor want to sink 10 hours into the game to get 3 upgrades. I have found 2 good upgrades since the update came out. that is way to little.

Upgrade your gear and you will find plenty of upgrades.

Yeah but i don't have the gold for that.  For example, i upgrade my helmet that has 800 AP to max, then i find and upgrade which is a helmet with 805 AP, then i upgrade that and get a helmet that is 810 AP, etc. The problem is that gear that drops scales to your gears base stats not the upgraded stats.  I could have a 5000 DP medallion but since the base was 4000 i will only find medallions around 4000.  I have yet to find a relic better than the ones given to me from the update.

This game really needs to add a wall of text or an NPC in or something who explains in detail that in order for higher gear to appear, you need upgraded gear that's close to it.

Where do you see the stat cap on equipment for the current chaos tier anyways?  And if there isn't anywhere for that, then without that, how do you know whether you've hit the cap for that gear or not?

My gear is Chaos 3 Mythical / Legendary, with an odd Chaos 4 item or two.
The UNUPGRADED Chaos 4 drops I now get are better than FULLY upgraded Chaos 3 drops.

Seems like a pretty solid progression curve to me.

@ShadowBerry quote:

The UNUPGRADED Chaos 4 drops I now get are better than FULLY upgraded Chaos 3 drops.

Well then you are one lucky soul.  I haven't even seen anything close to my 5000 DP medallion that is fully upgraded.  Only relics i see in chaos 4 are 3700.  Armor is only around 750.  Neither of those are better than my upgraded gear.

@Fluffy Toaster

Loot has been explained a billion times on the forums already.

• Take out low level and badly geared heres from your hero deck.
  • Make sure to upgrade your gear, even the old NM4 items.
  • Make sure to upgrade your shards as well, but only those you really use.

Following these steps, the quality of loot will improve drastically.

@ShadowBerry quote:

@Fluffy Toaster

Is there a link to where Trendy confirmed this instead of people just posting speculation because it is an ambiguous and poorly designed system that isn't explained anywhere? 

I should not be forced to pick my gear based on pleasing the loot gods (unless there is a specific bonus status which is luck/item drop related, which is there is not). Nor should i be forced to gear out my builders when Trendy makes the gear useless for them purposefully.

Its not speculation i spent the first few days testing this *** + wasting my time not getting upgrades.

@ShadowBerry quote:

@Fluffy Toaster

It is not working at all for me.

I'm using only one character with all my previous NT4 stuff, medaillons are all like 4500dp+ and I only drop things like 3500 in chaos III and IV.

I'm sick of this loot already. I'm ascension lv70 and didn't get a SINGLE upgrade.

I dropped a 5.2k  relic in C4 fully upgraded to 6 k so yes your are doing something wrong

Take 1 dps and 3 builders, give the builders every single upgrade, green , blue whatever even if it's +10 to increase you "invisible ipwr" just keep the important relic for you towers and little by little you'll see better gears on the ground

Why would I waste millions of gold for something that's not going to work ?

People say you can remove builders from hero deck to drop better gear. So i'm only using one character, and here are his stats :

Weapon HD2522 AP1681 46upgrade/46

Helm 1571armor 1048HD/AP 46/46

Chest 1442 962 43/43

Glove 1349 900 28/43

Boots 1432 975 43/43

Relic I DP5017 DS/DH 2091 46/46

Relic II 4870 2030 45/45

Relic III 5069 2112 46/46

Relic IV 4394 1831 20/46

Relic V 4918 2049 45/45

Here is what I drop in Chaos III :

Relic DP 3552 1480

Weapon 1776 1480(fire)

Armor 1110 740

What am I doing wrong, here ?

the main question I have to ask you guys struggling with the gear is this:

Is the gear you are currently wearing mostly from the old nightmare mode or is it all new chaos gear?
if its nightmare gear, then wear the chaos gear and purposely downgrade yourself. It seems nightmare gear has some sort of negative influence on gear drops in chaos. Meaning nm4 gear was something like chaos 3.5 gear or so and because of this it can't place your loot-table correctly. nm3 gear is chaos 2.5 or so so it also can't place you correctly. I swapped all my gear out to chaos gear taking downgrade hits, but now I am seeing massive upgrades happening at a constant pace when I compare it to the nightmare gear I stored in my bags.

@Bubbles quote:

the main question I have to ask you guys struggling with the gear is this:

Is the gear you are currently wearing mostly from the old nightmare mode or is it all new chaos gear?
if its nightmare gear, then wear the chaos gear and purposely downgrade yourself. It seems nightmare gear has some sort of negative influence on gear drops in chaos. Meaning nm4 gear was something like chaos 3.5 gear or so and because of this it can't place your loot-table correctly. nm3 gear is chaos 2.5 or so so it also can't place you correctly. I swapped all my gear out to chaos gear taking downgrade hits, but now I am seeing massive upgrades happening at a constant pace when I compare it to the nightmare gear I stored in my bags.

That is very interesting indeed.  I'm actually going to tag [[4370,users]] on this one.  Is there any chance that using Nightmare gear is messing up the Chaos loot tables?

@NeedtoDie quote:

Why would I waste millions of gold for something that's not going to work ?

People say you can remove builders from hero deck to drop better gear. So i'm only using one character, and here are his stats :

Weapon HD2522 AP1681 46upgrade/46

Helm 1571armor 1048HD/AP 46/46

Chest 1442 962 43/43

Glove 1349 900 28/43

Boots 1432 975 43/43

Relic I DP5017 DS/DH 2091 46/46

Relic II 4870 2030 45/45

Relic III 5069 2112 46/46

Relic IV 4394 1831 20/46

Relic V 4918 2049 45/45

Here is what I drop in Chaos III :

Relic DP 3552 1480

Weapon 1776 1480(fire)

Armor 1110 740

What am I doing wrong, here ?

Replace the old NM4 loot with new C3 loot. Judging from the number of upgrades (43-46 = old NM4 loot), you are using old gears from pre-patch and the current loot system is kinda bugged. There's a bug which make low level loot drop when you have the old NM4 gear on you. I think the game doesn't read it, so your ipw drops drastically. Doesn't happen for everyone from what I've heard, but it happened to me.

Can confirm, that the NM4 loot is a little bit bugged.
I remember a drastic change in loot right after patch, when I replaced 1-2 items.

Now that I'm in full Chaos 3 / 4, The drops are completely fine.

Man, some communication on this would be much appreciated. Waiting for Trendy to confirm all this.