Uh.. running out of bag space (shards)

Ok, I guess I will have to delete quite a few shards soon because I've almost filled 2 complete bags with them. A suggestion for the future would be to implement some sort of item representation in the world (shards) that once trigged, activates a global passive list. The shard is consumed, and the passive effect is stored on your global passive list. That way shards wont take up so much bag space. Look to diablo 3 and the cube system for what I mean.

Yeah i have the same problem. I have 3 pages of shards now and i cant even sort them. They either need to stack or i need advanced searching/sorting so i can easily sell duplicates.

The fact that unleveled shards don't stack is a real pain.  That's the first QoL addition I'd ask for, along with actually meaningful pictures for the shards.

Or not overcharging on bags would be a start. Seriously the price's practically doubled..
But considering they have a 92,99€ DLC (Just a single DLC not all of them) I wont hold my breath.

Yes, they moved passives off gear and spheres off it's own non-bag tab and dumped them all into your bags, it was either a bad oversight or an intention to fill up bags quickly.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/143191/-trendy-let-us-buy-more-inventory-bags?scrollTo=1267212&page=1#1267212

They just need to make it like sphere system they already had.. Shards taking up bag space is redic.. Even if it wasnt unlimited use per shard they could add a counter for each one you pickup (the upgrade still counts for all however with this system).. on this note has anyone tried to sell an item with shards in it ?? are they just automatically sold or are they removed for you ?

Saves on UI space when selecting shards too.. as you dont need to render multiples of the same shard (since they all retain the same level of upgrade)

Instead of having all the shards as drops you can then add them as rewards to achievements something to actually aim for rather then going gambling... My time is important to me.. if i feel its just wasted ill go and play something else my steam library of shame is quite big ;)

@123theman123 quote:

i hate this. bag space is to small  again. make shards stack or roll back the price change. WHY CHANGE THE BAG PRICE T-T

Price changed because the bags are now double the size of what they used to be ;)

@LJMjollnir quote:

@123theman123 quote:

i hate this. bag space is to small  again. make shards stack or roll back the price change. WHY CHANGE THE BAG PRICE T-T

Price changed because the bags are now double the size of what they used to be ;)

Their utility got reduced to half it used to be, though.

Shards really need to stack and there definitely needs to be some more diversity in icons, which I think there likely will be eventually (bag and shard icons tbh). Nothing like 3 bags of defence shards that either have a health symbol or a sword symbol.

I am not 100% against the idea of a shard-only bag similar to the pet bag, it could be bigger and cheaper since it is solely for this purpose. IDK though, just spit-ballin' here.

Oh, and select multiple items at once and drag them to somewhere else (in the same bag or another bag). Please.

As a point of interest, how many bags did everyone wind up with?  I recall there being something about consolidation based on total number of slots.

@Immortal-D quote:

As a point of interest, how many bags did everyone wind up with?  I recall there being something about consolidation based on total number of slots.

I think I had 7-32 bags
and now I have 5-64.

I ended up with 10 bags. You needed to have max bags before including the inventory pack plus max pet slots in order to get 10 bags after the update.

@Huckleberry4u quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Oh, and select multiple items at once and drag them to somewhere else (in the same bag or another bag). Please.

I ended up with 10 bags. You needed to have max bags before including the inventory pack plus max pet slots in order to get 10 bags after the update.

Okay...? I think you quoted the wrong post, lol.

@Nefhith quote:

@Huckleberry4u quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Okay...? I think you quoted the wrong post, lol.

lol sorry...

640!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!\

Path of Exile (not a TD, but then, neither is DD2 these days) doesn't even charge that much for a standard tab. Not even a premium tab!

@Tyroki quote:

640!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!\

Path of Exile (not a TD, but then, neither is DD2 these days) doesn't even charge that much for a standard tab. Not even a premium tab!

Yeah, pretty much no other F2P charges that much for what's considered a "convenience"
(Can we even call it that anymore? With the amount of junk\shards you're pretty much forced these days into buying bags..)

Made worse by the fact that you can't really put 640 worth of gems, you need to do the full 10$ to get the minimum amount required.

I wouldn't mind so much if 10$ gave you say, 2000 gems or if we had some sort of discount bonus for login in certain days. (Similar to Warframes 75% off coupons that you can get upon login)

It feels bad when you want to spend some cash on your ex-favorite franchise yet everything feels like a scam.

Can we put shards into a Shard Tab. They are an important part of the game and they're very hard to distinguish in a bag full of shards (most have similar icons). A shard tab/interface would allow names/effects/current lvl to be displayed in an easy to use manner. Also blank slots can be used for undiscovered shards, allowing achievement and progression to be monitored. Currently it is a nuisance to sort  through them using the inventory. After a few days I already nearly a bag full, I can't imagine what I it will be like in a month or year.

For now, you could always store them inside random armor or weapons.  This would effectively double or triple your inventory space.

@Goofio quote:

For now, you could always store them inside random armor or weapons.  This would effectively double or triple your inventory space.

And cost money to remove. Like real money (defender medals or gems).

@Draco18s quote:

And cost money to remove. Like real money (defender medals or gems).

What do you mean?  You can equip and unequip shards for free.