Sign in to follow this  
Infernotez

If shards are the future then I think trading is the next step

Oh yeah dont get me wrong.. there are some out there that would consider building a bot now (infact i would bet someone already has a working bot)...

But when trading is involved in a game people can make real money and that gets the Chinese gold farmers very interested.. then chat just becomes a glob on buy gold www illripyouoff com cheapest here... and that really annoys the crap out of me.. i quite like DD2 doesnt have trading specifically for that reason alone.

@Infernotez quote:

As it stands I refuse to play more as this is the same flaw that CCG's have, which is the grind for loot when it should not be this hard of a grind. I'm not complaining about the the difficulty of maps as I can't truly know until I get shards, but when I have already done 10+ games of chaos 1 and I got 9 shards that I do not want and 3-4 dupes I already know this is not the game I wanted.

If anyone is to say "I should grind them myself" I can already tell you that I have already done my grinding and my supplies agree with me on that. The thing is that I am already getting extra shards, have near 12k medals  and 47m gold. I have put my effort forward and I should be able use it to get to a further point.

I don't like RNG making us it's slave which Is why I favor games like Warframe over mobile games. I know of at least a dozen of people who loved DD1 and everything DD2 has done has turned them away. I am personally unsure if DD2 can ever be good anymore as patch after patch the game gets worse in most ways and better in only a few.

I have 12 people on my friends list with over 50 hrs in DD2 with 6 alone in DD1 at over 1000 hrs and another 6 with 500-999 hrs. The sentiment I have heard before this patch is the grind/easy difficulty being the main issue of them not wanting to play and now mostly just the not quite mindless grind. I know some like the mindless grind and the main issue is that I join in on that sometimes but DD2 is not quite mindless.

I have been asked many times if people should start playing and my answer has consistently been no as the game always has some big flaw(the grind to lvl, the difficulty to get into endgame, the endgame getting to easy, the grind to get gear, the grind to get shards) and have always said maybe after the big next update and with this one her I again have to say it's not worth playing yet. With trading it might be at a point where it is good enough to invest time.

Isn't crafting up next? Trading is still up in the air according to the devs.

I don't personally know about the grind yet as I'm patient zero for a all item wipe bug. The 1st person who joined me got it too so it's contagious. Haven't been able to play since the day of the update.

Trading would ruin the game... people need to realise this game is about the grind what are u gonna do when u bought all ur gear that u need ? go on the forums and complain that the game is to easy and u did all in 1 day ? stop complaining there are more important stuff for them to take care of then adding a game ruining feature for grind games and ppl saying they cant get upgrades then ur doing something wrong... i had nm4 gear and i still get upgrades in c3. Stop complaining and play the game.

yes few peps just say trading will ruin the game seeing DD1 Haxor team best item seller i wont scam u etc... but nobody said Hey the game is ruined now.

a lot of things TE can do to Prevent Selling High stuff by doing a Trade Currency (only u can get it playing the actual game) and a limit of trading per week or day and pre setting the cost of the items with that said currency. that fix a few things

Duping items is a defenite possibility, all it takes is someone with knowledge of how to send packets to the server and a few other things. it is something thats very possible and I wouldnt be suprised if it happen or has happened already. there were some interesting things you could do with net limiter a while ago by almost disconnecting yourself and cause multiple activations for a single item use.

@Azii quote:

Trading would ruin the game... people need to realise this game is about the grind what are u gonna do when u bought all ur gear that u need ? go on the forums and complain that the game is to easy and u did all in 1 day ? stop complaining there are more important stuff for them to take care of then adding a game ruining feature for grind games and ppl saying they cant get upgrades then ur doing something wrong... i had nm4 gear and i still get upgrades in c3. Stop complaining and play the game.

If this is the game they want where you are stuck grinding in the most boring way possible then I am done with DD2 here and now. I want/need shards in Chaos 1, but it's a damn cakewalk now so I am stuck just farming  to only get shards or go up and again only go after shards as I need to get to chaos 3 to get gear. If I start mastering Chaos 2 then chaos 1 is going to feel even more like a chore as I am mastering it. 

I never said I CAN'T get gear, but more so I don't want to. I'm a trader in every game I play and it's a main draw point for me. I traded a lot in DD1, Warframe, Runescape, Trove, TF2(to the point I have made over $50k profit), Archeage, Tera, Scrolls and probably a few more I can't think of off the top of my head. One of the fun things for me that gives me a long term goal is to climb up the economic ladder of a game.

In trove I was high mastery(max for a while), in Warframe I am near max mastery, in Archeage if I was more interested in a payout at the time I would have left with like $300-400(ended up with $100-200) because I got land early and was churning money, in tf2 I invested a bit of real money to generate more money and after a point it was profits making profits, in Tera I played 2 events and ended up making like $70, In scrolls I nearly had 3 tier 3 of every card(27 standard cards per), DD1 I had some top tier gear at the point I quit and I was giving away gold as I sold steam gifts of DLC for the game, Runescape I played when I was younger and did not do it efficiently so I mostly spent the money on skills and gear,

I have met a lot of people I still play/talk with from all my trading as I have been about completing deals. The thing is though that in DD2 has no reason to interact. For the most part the game is EASIER when I play solo. The only thing I can do to get friends to play with me is grind them through the content which ends up boring for both of us.

As it stands the game itself is not fun, there is little reason to play it, the maps have gotten stale, the current balance towards towers seems questionable and I question why I Joined the defense council.

I own 1854 games on steam alone and more on other platforms, why should I play DD2? As it stands DD2 is grind for grind sake and boring grind at that. Is DD2 a lowest common denominator F2P game? I have tried enough of them to know that they end up being ***. Maybe all gear needed to be wiped for this update? As it stands the experience is horrible and I am not even sure if wiping would make it beter.

@Infernotez

In a game where gold is almost obsolete, you've managed to play 450 hours with your mind-set.
How was trading in DD1 any fun, when bunch of cheaters could simply gain endless amount of gold?

Yeah, you probably get the feeling of success, but it's diminished greatly by the cheating trading brings.

@ShadowBerry quote:

@Infernotez

In a game where gold is almost obsolete, you've managed to play 450 hours with your mind-set.
How was trading in DD1 any fun, when bunch of cheaters could simply gain endless amount of gold?

Yeah, you probably get the feeling of success, but it's diminished greatly by the cheating trading brings.

There was often real gear being traded. After a point it did get boring though in 1. The point of trading in 1 was to find new gear. I would not trade in DD1 anymore, but in it's hayday it was good. As for DD2 there is not likely to be any cheaters being able to generate gear. If there was a cheater they would have to be able to break the game servers into doing what they want which is much harder than editing some numbers on a local file.

I ended up with 450 hrs because I have had DD2 since the day the first tower defense part has been out. A lot of it was spend grinding and had I knew at the times I did the grinding I would have probably spent my time doing other stuff. If anything DD2(and a few others) have curbed my interest in Early access titles, made me not buy them, reduced me kickstarting games and generally made me less interested in grinding. If anything it has largely precluded me from ever wanting to give trendy another dollar. I would love to get a refund on my 300 hrs of grind from DD2.

@Infernotez quote:

@Azii quote:

If this is the game they want where you are stuck grinding in the most boring way possible then I am done with DD2 here and now. I want/need shards in Chaos 1, but it's a damn cakewalk now so I am stuck just farming  to only get shards or go up and again only go after shards as I need to get to chaos 3 to get gear. If I start mastering Chaos 2 then chaos 1 is going to feel even more like a chore as I am mastering it. 

I never said I CAN'T get gear, but more so I don't want to. I'm a trader in every game I play and it's a main draw point for me. I traded a lot in DD1, Warframe, Runescape, Trove, TF2(to the point I have made over $50k profit), Archeage, Tera, Scrolls and probably a few more I can't think of off the top of my head. One of the fun things for me that gives me a long term goal is to climb up the economic ladder of a game.

In trove I was high mastery(max for a while), in Warframe I am near max mastery, in Archeage if I was more interested in a payout at the time I would have left with like $300-400(ended up with $100-200) because I got land early and was churning money, in tf2 I invested a bit of real money to generate more money and after a point it was profits making profits, in Tera I played 2 events and ended up making like $70, In scrolls I nearly had 3 tier 3 of every card(27 standard cards per), DD1 I had some top tier gear at the point I quit and I was giving away gold as I sold steam gifts of DLC for the game, Runescape I played when I was younger and did not do it efficiently so I mostly spent the money on skills and gear,

I have met a lot of people I still play/talk with from all my trading as I have been about completing deals. The thing is though that in DD2 has no reason to interact. For the most part the game is EASIER when I play solo. The only thing I can do to get friends to play with me is grind them through the content which ends up boring for both of us.

As it stands the game itself is not fun, there is little reason to play it, the maps have gotten stale, the current balance towards towers seems questionable and I question why I Joined the defense council.

I own 1854 games on steam alone and more on other platforms, why should I play DD2? As it stands DD2 is grind for grind sake and boring grind at that. Is DD2 a lowest common denominator F2P game? I have tried enough of them to know that they end up being ***. Maybe all gear needed to be wiped for this update? As it stands the experience is horrible and I am not even sure if wiping would make it beter.

Too me it sounds more like ur tierd of playing games and more into trading and economics i'd suggest trade marketing for you.

but back to the point u can get the all the shards from all the chaos i've gone from not being able to do chaos 1 to doing chaos 4 in about a day in half and not a single care for whats Best in slot i take what i can get and i'm happy and to be honest i'm enyojing the game more now then i've ever done and i bought the game a long time ago when lvl cap was at 20 and it bairly had any maps, it's bairly gone any time and most people here are crying out loud(and i mean realy freaking loud) about not having this and that and cause they dont have this and that, that they cant do chaos 3 4 5 well it's not all about shards this game got much more to it and now more then ever this game is so free on what u can do and what builds u wanna do some ppl say some towers are useless cause there are minions that renders them in a sense useless for example projectiles and geodes while that might be the case there are towers that can kill them off and then the projectiles are working again  so if ur just playing DD2 to earn a buck on the side then i'll recommend u to do that else where for example real world.

games are ment to be fun and challenging not something u should mindlessly get the best items, shards in a day or 2 and then be done with it cause thats what i would call waste.

@MaJean quote:

Trading would remove the incentive to play the maps. What is the fun in getting everything handed to you? What would the rewards be, if you had everything you needed? 

Trading doesn't mean you get "everything handed to you" considering you still have to work for whatever is needed to make the trade. Being that shards are pure rng and gold/tokens are needed to level them up. Obviously you could trade your hard earned currency that you obtained in search of said item you are trading for. For example... the defense range shard is a highly sought after shard. Meaning it would be expensive to trade for. Meaning... you would be farming for it regardless. 

@[nL] Reux quote:

@MaJean quote:

Trading would remove the incentive to play the maps. What is the fun in getting everything handed to you? What would the rewards be, if you had everything you needed? 

Trading doesn't mean you get "everything handed to you" considering you still have to work for whatever is needed to make the trade. Being that shards are pure rng and gold/tokens are needed to level them up. Obviously you could trade your hard earned currency that you obtained in search of said item you are trading for. For example... the defense range shard is a highly sought after shard. Meaning it would be expensive to trade for. Meaning... you would be farming for it regardless. 

You are right, it is not "everything handed to you", but with shards dropping EVERY time you clear a Chaos map, you´ll soon have enough shards to find someone to trade just about anything with, so it´s PRETTY close to being "everything handed to you". I have 50+ different shards now, I bet I could have every shard I could possibly need/want within a day or two of playing + visiting the forum, if trading was introduced. 

I have found 90 different shards, and have documented all that I found. Except for 1. I Accidentally sold a Shielding Guard before I ever even looked at what it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p6HYQd-SVeP5TSOXJP5hHQSZEUP3-M6LzwiPVHvagHI/edit?usp=sharing

Somehow, miraculously, I am about to not have any Range shards without complaining about it in every thread on the forum.

Trading definitely should be implemented, it should have been implemented long before this even if it was a limited system like trades only between people that were present at the time of the drop.

The only arguments I see against trading are ones that don't even hold water. Comparing to DD1 and saying how it "ruined" the game isn't really true since it was more due to the fact that it was so easy to tamper with your game and edit your items even on the "Official" server or whatever it was. DD2 is a purely server based game, so that's not really possible to do in the first place, and even if it was, how would trading be the enabler for that situation? People would already be hacking in their own items if that was the case and selling easy mode carries with stupidly strong gear.