Sign in to follow this  
Infernotez

If shards are the future then I think trading is the next step

As it stands I refuse to play more as this is the same flaw that CCG's have, which is the grind for loot when it should not be this hard of a grind. I'm not complaining about the the difficulty of maps as I can't truly know until I get shards, but when I have already done 10+ games of chaos 1 and I got 9 shards that I do not want and 3-4 dupes I already know this is not the game I wanted.

If anyone is to say "I should grind them myself" I can already tell you that I have already done my grinding and my supplies agree with me on that. The thing is that I am already getting extra shards, have near 12k medals  and 47m gold. I have put my effort forward and I should be able use it to get to a further point.

I don't like RNG making us it's slave which Is why I favor games like Warframe over mobile games. I know of at least a dozen of people who loved DD1 and everything DD2 has done has turned them away. I am personally unsure if DD2 can ever be good anymore as patch after patch the game gets worse in most ways and better in only a few.

I have 12 people on my friends list with over 50 hrs in DD2 with 6 alone in DD1 at over 1000 hrs and another 6 with 500-999 hrs. The sentiment I have heard before this patch is the grind/easy difficulty being the main issue of them not wanting to play and now mostly just the not quite mindless grind. I know some like the mindless grind and the main issue is that I join in on that sometimes but DD2 is not quite mindless.

I have been asked many times if people should start playing and my answer has consistently been no as the game always has some big flaw(the grind to lvl, the difficulty to get into endgame, the endgame getting to easy, the grind to get gear, the grind to get shards) and have always said maybe after the big next update and with this one her I again have to say it's not worth playing yet. With trading it might be at a point where it is good enough to invest time.

I feel like whenever you reveal a shard, you should be given a choice of 3 shards to choose from... that way it eliminates a bit of RNG.

In addition, I feel like some of the more essential chaos shards should be moved down into the campaign set and made more common (distance increase).

Well, in dd1 you only gridned greater stats, as all the special effects (mostly on pets and weapons) you could get, were map specific, bound to location, if you knew what you wanted you could get it fast :)

Trading would remove the incentive to play the maps. What is the fun in getting everything handed to you? What would the rewards be, if you had everything you needed? 

Trading as a way of getting shards would baad, becuse some players are flooded with gold while those starting have none, i can easyli see range shard beeing sold for many milions,. we need better way of farming shards not trading,not for that purpose.

@whaaaah quote:

Any special of this shard ? why do people want it so bad?

662200D2F45043D11334EFA554F02FC48ABC4A12

I have it too. Don´t know what the fuzz is all about. I don´t even use it most of the time;p

its because frostys have little boy range. its actually so small the slow effect doesnt kick in with the 2 prong frosty.

@Infernotez quote:

As it stands I refuse to play more as this is the same flaw that CCG's have, which is the grind for loot when it should not be this hard of a grind. 

Holy crap it's been 4 days and you don't have EVERYTHING yet?

giphy.gif

I love the people like the post above that defend it when Trendy regresses our progress and ends up making us blatantly worse than we were before and have to regrind for the, what is it, fourth time at this point to get back to an equivalent level?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Infernotez quote:

As it stands I refuse to play more as this is the same flaw that CCG's have, which is the grind for loot when it should not be this hard of a grind. 

The real problem is, after 4 days, 0 useful loot, no progresion past ascendancy points wich dont feel as progresing cause they are to slow to notice.

its kindy hypocrisy that trendy made passives into shards to reduce rng, and them made shards as a random drop. Sierously i think that making it nearly totally random was the worst option they had. I like ascension a lot, even though its slow to feel, and some effects may be underwhelming, it still takes my heart becuse its unlimite powah! :D, and shard idea is awesome too, the greater customization the better, But they should try a little bit harder and make reliable system of obtaining shard you desire. I dont care too much  how grindy would it be, i need to see my progress towards the goal, instead of beeing discouraged everytime some kind of crap or shard for hero i dont een own drops from CHAOS shard box ;d

@Lechuguino quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Infernotez quote:

The real problem is, after 4 days, 0 useful loot, no progresion past ascendancy points wich dont feel as progresing cause they are to slow to notice.

You are a liar.

Im not, did a bunch of c3 and c2 and started farming c1, got a few shards for heroes i dont care, a few useless for heroes i care and 0 shards i didnt allready own for towers, oh, and a couple of empty ones, bad luck i dont know, but the system is discouraging.

Yep, i dint did 100 runs, more like 30, but if in 30 runs i dont get rewarded, whats the point?

The equipment drops i dont even care, i was tired of lvl 46 drops only so i disabled autoloot except for shards.

Trading probably needs to be implemented.. games been out for far too long to not have trading still.. takes like 90% of the fun out of the game if you play for friends because you cant help them at all.. pretty frustrating.. never had this problem in dd1..

The problem with trading is that it introduced giving out hacked items, boosting new players to end-game instantly, item duplication, and other malicious garbage.

No thanks. I'd rather grind than see what became of DD1.

@ShadowBerry quote:

The problem with trading is that it introduced giving out hacked items, boosting new players to end-game instantly, item duplication, and other malicious garbage.

No thanks. I'd rather grind than see what became of DD1.

You can't hack gear in DD2. You would need access to the server to be able to do that as the servers handles all drops and gear. While there MAY be item dupes it would basically be the same as any other game. While you COULD boost people to endgame that would in theory not be easy(unless you pay cash to someone). Why not start with trading shards, pets and costumes first then? That alone will make the game better and trendy could evaluate allowing gear trading.

If some noob pays $100 to another player to get boosted to end game, that does not change my experience unless he join's my game and does not know how to play. I personally cashout of MMO's by selling all my stuff for cash. It pays for further games for me to play when I know I am done with a game.

@Infernotez quote:You can't hack gear in DD2. You would need access to the server to be able to do that as the servers handles all drops and gear. While there MAY be item dupes it would basically be the same as any other game. While you COULD boost people to endgame that would in theory not be easy(unless you pay cash to someone). Why not start with trading shards, pets and costumes first then? That alone will make the game better and trendy could evaluate allowing gear trading.

If man made it .. someone can break it ;) if not hacked items there is always bots that can farm 24/7, trading just makes it interesting enough for someone to make one :P...

i personally have been involved with a bot program for Eve online ;) (just a simple mining bot i wrote many years ago now).. i know many people that have used bots for World of Warcraft i personally used a fishing bot once... tho i was always online watching while they where running..

Im not a huge fan of online cheating... but when a task becomes so repetitive and boring occasionally i'll think about it.. if its simple enough to do why not.. sit n watch it do its job while im watching netflix or something more interesting.

@LJMjollnir quote:

@Infernotez quote:You can't hack gear in DD2. You would need access to the server to be able to do that as the servers handles all drops and gear. While there MAY be item dupes it would basically be the same as any other game. While you COULD boost people to endgame that would in theory not be easy(unless you pay cash to someone). Why not start with trading shards, pets and costumes first then? That alone will make the game better and trendy could evaluate allowing gear trading.

If man made it .. someone can break it ;) if not hacked items there is always bots that can farm 24/7, trading just makes it interesting enough for someone to make one :P...

i personally have been involved with a bot program for Eve online ;) (just a simple mining bot i wrote many years ago now).. i know many people that have used bots for World of Warcraft i personally used a fishing bot once... tho i was always online watching while they where running..

Im not a huge fan of online cheating... but when a task becomes so repetitive and boring occasionally i'll think about it.. if its simple enough to do why not.. sit n watch it do its job while im watching netflix or something more interesting.

The act of the grind makes it viable, you don't even need trading before people run 24/7 bots. If anything there is a lot of incentive to start making bots now as it would be seen as a even more insulated.