It has been 3 days, no, you should NOT have every shard by now.

Guys. The update has been out for half a week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. And most of Tuesday Amazon was down. We've had the update for about 3 and a half days. And the complaining about not having every shard yet is through the roof.

What do you want?

Seriously.

Do you want to be given everything for free the instant you login after the update?

Do you want to "earn" everything on day 1 of playing the update?

It is apparent that nobody has any interest in earning stuff over time. 2 days into the update and people were already complaining about it taking too long to get all the shards. 

This is ridiculous.

If you did get everything by now, then you'd be soloing all of Chaos 5 and you'd be on the forums complaining about the game being too easy. But you don't have everything by now so you're on the forums complaining that the update has given you more than half a week of content.

I don't understand what's happening here, at all.

It has been 3 days, I farmed alot on Chaos 1 exclusively. I need around 4 Range shards. I got... 0

I have around 80 shards now, of those I got 10 tower shards and 9 of those were Press your Luck.... THIS RNG IS ***ING MADNESS

@Eldiora quote:

It has been 3 days, I farmed alot on Chaos 1 exclusively. I need around 4 Range shards. I got... 0

I have around 80 shards now, of those I got 10 tower shards and 9 of those were Press your Luck.... THIS RNG IS ***ING MADNESS

Same.

I would ask Trendy to make shards worth more for selling duplicates.

Campaign 1000

Chaos1-5 2000,2500,3000,3500,4000.

Lol you don't get why people complain. We don't complain because we want everything, we complain because getting basic shards that are necessary to progress are too hard to get. It's not about getting one range shard for example, we need like more than 4 at least, and we can't even get one.

I did by now 60+ runs on C1, and still 0 range shard. This is not normal.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I have zero range shards and I can beat Chaos 4 maps.

I can also. Solo is too easy, that's not the issue. The issue isn't can we complete a certain difficulty with a shard or not. The issue is: should a basic shard be that rare? The majority of defenses benefit from the range shard and therefore we can assume people would want more than 1. If it was purge evil, I would be ok with it being rare, but not for basic shards that we might want more than once (a lot more lol)

I can't talk about everyone, I'm talking about my case in specific, I have 3 full bags of shards, and 0 range shards, which is useful with almost every tower in the game, Can I beat C4 without it? yes, but it would be easier to progress if this shard wasn't extremely hard to get.

We don't want everything handed to us but in the dev logs they said at one point if we were on NM4 before we'd be ready to go to the first few chaos tiers. At some point that changed and we wern't made aware of the need to farm for shards or get some ascension levels before we hop in. So yes we're kind of a little annoyed. Not for the system itself but because we were further back then we were told we would be.

@Eldiora quote:

Same here. I have seen a lot of people doing the same. Chaos I is full of players that can clear chaos 3+ but want those range spheres to use more than the OP nimbus.

I agree with both sides on this. I think trendy should have did a total gear wipe. Then everyone would be feeling the same pain. I think the people that had 700+ ipwr gear don't really understand the struggle.  But I don't think we should be able to get everything quickly. I did find a single range shard on a C1 map but like most everyone else I get mostly annoyance and press your luck. The one that really makes me mad is when I am playing as a lavamancer and I get gunwitch shards..........I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GUNWITCH UNLOCKED!!!!

Tower range was promised as a returning stat. Without range I can't play around with any defense that shoots.

Instead of range being a stat on relics we (players who want to use a variety of towers) feel forced grinding Chaos 1 for the rare chance of getting the shard.

Until then I can not use most defenses. 

Chaos 3 makes projectile defenses usless anyway and can even be dangerous to the objective we are defending. I managed to destroy my own core last night from a shot bouncing off a shield node.

I only want the option of using a varied defense. I don't have that option until I have some range shards.

Thats the problem. Its not about getting everything now. DD was always about collecting loot.

My auras have better range than a ballista but yet ballista costs lots more DP.

This shard system shows its about grinding lower difficulties for necessary shards rather than just playing the game, getting some pickups and doing customisation to how the player would like a defense to work. 

Its all about the same shards: range, defense power, defense health etc. There is little choice on what to do because these shards are the most powerful, have no draw backs and are necessary. I have picked up special shards that make defenses oil enemies etc. but without basic range its useless.

I thought we could have the option of having powerful short range towers or not so powerful long range or slow/fast shooting, having a special effect or not. You know: CUSTOMISATION. 

We can't do that because the basic range of many towers are too short and the enemy will destroy , disable or simply walk past.

With only 3 shard slots and the range shard needs to take one as it is the only way to get that stat it is prohibitive to customisation.  

I think the blue shard system works better for the heroes. Lots of customisation to be had there but defenses need looking into.

DD should be about the challenge, not a random reward grind on a lower difficulty that provides no challenge. 

That, OP, is how I feel. People complaining on this forum is the only way to get their point across.

Isn't that the point of the forum anyway?

Same here, I would love to try out different defences in Chaos 3 and onwards. But I simply cannot, since I lack the range shards. I will have to do the same thing that I did the last 200 hours of this game. AFK Grind some stupidly easy stuff because I cant go to harder stuff.

And the only real reason is because 1 shard that is a requirement for my towers. And I need like 4 of them at least to get some variety and test multiple builds.

This update wanted to promote more build variety. I know that I could do many different builds if I had the basic shards needed. There is no alternative for 34% more damage and 40% more range for 99% of the dps towers. There is no alternative to +health on the barricades.

Its like you needed toxic shock to have uber pdt towers before, But now you have a random chance to obtain what you actually need. And so far that chance seems to be below 1% because I am still at 0 range shards in Chaos 1 and around 15+ Press your f*** luck.

All I have been doing since the update is afk farming with the ocassional kill of a siegeroller. Nothing else because I cannot to Chaos 4 and up without the range and damage shard.

Thank god I can play Zelda while I press ocassionally G

It would be so much better if we were able to have the same thing as with the Souls of the Night shop. Have some Tokens trop for each tier of chaos and have x amount of tokens buy one of the specific tiers shard. That way I could just enjoy playing different maps and after some buy what I actually need instead of selling a bag full of crappy shards nobody ever wants.

There is a bug with shards, CI, CII, CIII, CIV, CV iconed unidentified shards are sometime (80% of the time for me) rewarding Standard campaign shards when identified.

Sure we should not have all the shards, but if a unidentified shard says (IV) on it, it should not be "every 8 seconds you taunt 1 target".

@Alonzo quote:

Tower range was promised as a returning stat. Without range I can't play around with any defense that shoots.

Instead of range being a stat on relics we (players who want to use a variety of towers) feel forced grinding Chaos 1 for the rare chance of getting the shard.

Tower range actually is a stat on relics. It's pretty rare but i've seen it. Though I was surprised as well when I first ran into it because I had never seen it up to that point. It's almost like the range relics don't drop in the chaos tiers though which is an odd design choice. This relic I had with tower range on it was from campaign hard gates of dragonfall.

@Nenga quote:

@Alonzo quote:

Tower range actually is a stat on relics. It's pretty rare but i've seen it. Though I was surprised as well when I first ran into it because I had never seen it up to that point. It's almost like the range relics don't drop in the chaos tiers though which is an odd design choice. This relic I had with tower range on it was from campaign hard gates of dragonfall.

Yeah? Ok I will do some campaign testing. 

Thanks for info but I hope its not a wind up ;)

It's not about getting them all, it's about getting the ones we want. I'm on my 30th~ish press your luck shard, and 0 range shards.

@Nenga quote:

If you saw it on a relic, then it's a bug because TE said they were removing range as a stat on relics. They intended to put it on relics, but then changed idea like one week before the update. The programming for it might be in the game already, but it shouldn't drop.