Sign in to follow this  
UncrownedData

Bunny costume for Squire

Is there any way to unlock the bunny costume for squire now?  I see the eggs were discontinued, but is the costume obtainable any other way?  Are these eggs still in game if anyone hoarded them during release?

Some still have them around as collectible, maybe they can lend them to you.

Saw a post some months ago where 3 offered to lend them to unlock the costume, maybe you can find the thread and ask the nice people^^

I think the eggs are consumed, unless I am mistaken?  The wiki page says they are consumed.  Would be nice if these were dropped again this upcoming easter for those of us who missed it in 2012.  

There is no source, but this link states they are consumed.  It also states that there was plans to release these in future events as well, though... So I guess maybe it is wrong.  

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Egg_(Easter)

Regular eggs are indeed consumed for the costume. Humongous eggs are consumed for the mega chicken.

We will be looking for a way to enable drops again since it has been a request by many and it is the only costume that isnt available through DLC or beating a map which makes it the odd man out.

Sigh.... Why must this discussion happen every couple months?

This has 97 replies - https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139291/bunny-costume

There is disagreement, to put it mildly, whether the Bunny costume should be available for people who missed the event.

If the CDT decided that it wants to make this available, that is news to me, and has not been told to the community nor voted on in any way to my knowledge.

@Dave456 quote:

There is disagreement, to put it mildly, whether the Bunny costume should be available for people who missed the event.

If the CDT decided that it wants to make this available, that is news to me, and has not been told to the community nor voted on in any way to my knowledge.

Its the old game, thoose that have it don't want it to be availible again because they think they are something special with it.

Thoose that doesn't have it wants it availible because.. i think completionist reasons

@chakratos quote:Its the old game, thoose that have it don't want it to be availible again because they think they are something special with it.

Thoose that doesn't have it wants it availible because.. i think completionist reasons

Chak - see the discussion over there. It is kinda long.

I dont like giving reasons for why people say yes or no, unless they give them.

I don't have the costume, and I say dont let it be available.

@Dave456 quote:

The discussion happens since players still want the costume so they keep asking.

Yes the CDT is looking into adding it in some way since the majority seem to want it and since Trendy mentioned it wasnt supposed to be a 1 time thing.

@ddace quote:Yes the CDT is looking into adding it in some way since the majority seem to want it and since Trendy mentioned it wasnt supposed to be a 1 time thing.

Please go back and read that thread again, there seem to be quite a few players (including me) who did not want it. I do not think it is fair to say the majority wants it, unless you have access to more data than is available on the forums.

@ThePoet424 quote:

@ddace quote:Yes the CDT is looking into adding it in some way since the majority seem to want it and since Trendy mentioned it wasnt supposed to be a 1 time thing.

Please go back and read that thread again, there seem to be quite a few players (including me) who did not want it. I do not think it is fair to say the majority wants it, unless you have access to more data than is available on the forums.

well I have heard from others outside the thread but just based on the thread around 70% were in support of it.  So it is at least worth looking at adding in an update.  Then once in presented in an beta, I am sure we would get more opinions one way or another.

The benefit of coming to the game early was/should be event items.  Now, I am unable to unlock the bunny costume at all just because I decided to play the game later than those who have it.. How is that fair?  I understand getting event items for playing prior to other people, but unlocking specific parts of the game such as costumes simply because you downloaded the game earlier than a given person seems incredibly unfair.  Items that give you a slight benefit are fair, but items that are only unlocked for playing in a given time period are absolutely unfair.  I think all of us here can agree that DD1 is a billion times better than DD2 will ever be.  DD1's fan base is screwed out of obtaining all costumes simply because half of us missed the one-time event?  There is no benefit to having the costume other than "completionist" reasons.  If anything, people should be complaining that event items are tradeable rather than complaining that this costume might someday be available to those who missed it.  Event items are far more valuable than this costume. 

@UncrownedData quote:

The benefit of coming to the game early was/should be event items.  Now, I am unable to unlock the bunny costume at all just because I decided to play the game later than those who have it.. How is that fair?  I understand getting event items for playing prior to other people, but unlocking specific parts of the game such as costumes simply because you downloaded the game earlier than a given person seems incredibly unfair.  Items that give you a slight benefit are fair, but items that are only unlocked for playing in a given time period are absolutely unfair.  I think all of us here can agree that DD1 is a billion times better than DD2 will ever be.  DD1's fan base is screwed out of obtaining all costumes simply because half of us missed the one-time event?  There is no benefit to having the costume other than "completionist" reasons.  If anything, people should be complaining that event items are tradeable rather than complaining that this costume might someday be available to those who missed it.  Event items are far more valuable than this costume. 

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139291/bunny-costume

This has all the answers to your questions, you say almost the same thing as some people there. Basically the view opposite to yours is this:

The events as well as this costume were given out to people who were playing this game from the begining, it is a badge of pride for some, to show their long-time commitment. As you said, the costume has no impact on gameplay, as such the only reason people want it is because they want it. This is not the case with events such as RM, glaciers, celeb etc., but more similar to older events such as the armband series. I don't think there is a need to re-introduce any of those to new players, but I also see no good reason to single out eggs as the one thing to bring back.

@ThePoet424 quote:

@UncrownedData quote:

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139291/bunny-costume

This has all the answers to your questions, you say almost the same thing as some people there. Basically the view opposite to yours is this:

The events as well as this costume were given out to people who were playing this game from the begining, it is a badge of pride for some, to show their long-time commitment. As you said, the costume has no impact on gameplay, as such the only reason people want it is because they want it. This is not the case with events such as RM, glaciers, celeb etc., but more similar to older events such as the armband series. I don't think there is a need to re-introduce any of those to new players, but I also see no good reason to single out eggs as the one thing to bring back.

The eggs were not an Event, nor were they intended to be a one time thing, so they definitely should be brought back.

OH BOY! Here we go again!

How hard is it for people to understand that there were plans to re-add/enable drops for the eggs BY THE DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES? Just becasue something didn't get implemented doesn't mean it wasn't planned!

From on top of my head I can say over 80% of the active playing community wants the damn costume to be available again. I keep getting asked whenever I'm in-game about the costume and how to unlock it. And trust me people want it. its just the vocal minority on these forums who whine about disallowing the costume to be accessible to everyone else.

Here's an idea -- in the next update, add a straw-poll on the in-game welcome screen and ask people who play the game to vote for the costume. That'll settle the whole "community didn't get a chance to vote" thing which people keep bringing up.

Moreover, just ask if people want eggs or the costume. And literally everyone will say costume. There is no need to bring back eggs. Just make the costume be accessible by other ways and done. Its literally in the game when you purchase it. Event items are not available when you purchase the game. There is no co-relation between the two, its just a sorry excuse to keep people away from getting the costume.

@mayhem_zero quote:

The eggs were not an Event, nor were they intended to be a one time thing, so they definitely should be brought back.

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139291/?scrollTo=1243882&page=2#1243882

@Black Mamba quote:

How hard is it for people to understand that there were plans to re-add/enable drops for the eggs BY THE DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES? Just becasue something didn't get implemented doesn't mean it wasn't planned!

From on top of my head I can say over 80% of the active playing community wants the damn costume to be available again. I keep getting asked whenever I'm in-game about the costume and how to unlock it. And trust me people want it. its just the vocal minority on these forums who whine about disallowing the costume to be accessible to everyone else.

Here's an idea -- in the next update, add a straw-poll on the in-game welcome screen and ask people who play the game to vote for the costume. That'll settle the whole "community didn't get a chance to vote" thing which people keep bringing up.

Moreover, just ask if people want eggs or the costume. And literally everyone will say costume. There is no need to bring back eggs. Just make the costume be accessible by other ways and done. Its literally in the game when you purchase it. Event items are not available when you purchase the game. There is no co-relation between the two, its just a sorry excuse to keep people away from getting the costume.

Seriously, go read the old thread. Everything has been said already. All I'm saying is that I, personally, am not in favor of bringing back the events and giving my reasons for that. I am but one player. I know there are a few more. If the cdt wants to ignore us that is up to them and I wouldn't blame them for it if it turns out it was in the best interest of the game or if it was the overwhelming majority opinion.

Just because it was planned to bring them back does not mean they have to brought back - after 5 years. Trendy obviously changed their plan to do so.

Also the costume has been introduced after the official release of the game as an event reward, so the argument that you purchased the game including the costume is invalid. The reasoning you see it there is plain simple; It has been "sloppy" coded by Trendy (no offense, but it could have been made hidden with an additional check in first place [the check itself exists already]) My guess; Trendy has done it that way, so people are able to discover an hint what to do with eggs.

The CDT has the power to hide the costume for whose who haven't unlocked it yet.

Cosmetically use? Well the old event items (the best ones by the way) too. 

@ThePoet424 quote:

@mayhem_zero quote:

@Black Mamba quote:

Seriously, go read the old thread. Everything has been said already. All I'm saying is that I, personally, am not in favor of bringing back the events and giving my reasons for that. I am but one player. I know there are a few more. If the cdt wants to ignore us that is up to them and I wouldn't blame them for it if it turns out it was in the best interest of the game or if it was the overwhelming majority opinion.

Fortunately changes by the CDT do not require 100% support, so the fact that you and a few others are against it doesn't really matter. I'm against the holiday accs being removed from LA but that change is still going through.

@EagleOne quote:

Just because it was planned to bring them back does not mean they have to brought back - after 5 years. Trendy obviously changed their plan to do so.

Also the costume has been introduced after the official release of the game as an event reward, so the argument that you purchased the game including the costume is invalid. The reasoning you see it there is plain simple; It has been "sloppy" coded by Trendy (no offense, but it could have been made hidden with an additional check in first place [the check itself exists already]) My guess; Trendy has done it that way, so people are able to discover an hint what to do with eggs.

The CDT has the power to hide the costume for whose who haven't unlocked it yet.

Cosmetically use? Well the old event items (the best ones by the way) too. 

Trendy didn't change their plan but instead abandoned DD and moved on to DD2. We are lucky that we got their final patch and the CDT.

@mayhem_zero quote:

Trendy didn't change their plan but instead abandoned DD and moved on to DD2.

The event run in 2012, Trendy was still working on DD1... Tinkerer's Lab Mission Pack, Temple O' Love, both 2013.

@mayhem_zero quote:We are lucky that we got their final patch and the CDT.

That's matter of view. DD v7.5 was working very well. RNG was better in my opinion (less frequent Sups/Ults but general item stats were much better, lots of my myths and trans are still better than current sup/ult drops, when taking into account more than just one stat), the game was cross-platform compatible (no split community). I still have no clue why we are in need to change so many things when the game provided us with so many (hundreds if not thousands) hours of fun.

@EagleOne quote:

I still have no clue why we are in need to change so many things when the game provided us with so many (hundreds if not thousands) hours of fun.

Because there were game crashing bugs, a completely stagnant and honestly extremely boring metagame, and an over -reliance on one map for a majority of progression.