How do you counter assassins in Chaos 5? (Video)

My tip is just try not to think about it, that seems to be trendys method to dealing with their problems.

I've been looking at pet abilities to disable them.  One ability that I have CONFIRMED works is Sparkle Party (Gato ability).  If you activate Sparkle Party when they start their attack, they get stunned and you can kill them.

There is one problem, though.  Sometimes multiple assassins arrive before Sparkle Party is off cooldown, and you die.  You can have multiple heroes with this spell, but I'm not sure how many assassins arrive in the final wave, because I've only made it to Wave 2 solo so far.

Other pet abilities that I want to test, but haven't had time:

• Fire Shield (fire pet)
  • Bubble Entrapment (water pet)
  • Stranglethorn (earth pet)
  • Stalagmite (earth pet)
  • Poison Shield (earth pet)
  • Shock Shield (shock pet)

If anybody has tried these pets, feel free to post your results!

@BorchTrzyKawki quote:

the fun thing is we had assassins in the first game, and i dont think anyone complained about them XD

The first game was also alot more fun and over-the-top insane than this one.

@BorchTrzyKawki quote:

the fun thing is we had assassins in the first game, and i dont think anyone complained about them XD

Assassins from DD1 weren't as bad as DD2's assassins. I mean they are far too quick and can kill you so quickly. I'm fine with their power, it's more the fact that it's not possible to escape its attacks that is troublesome. 

I tested some more pet abilities against the Assassins. 

The abilities that worked (i.e. disabled them in some way):

• Sparkle Party (Gato pet)
  • Stranglethorn (Earth pet)
  • Stalagmite (Earth pet)

The abilities that did not work:

• Fire Shield (Fire pet)
  • Bubble Entrapment (Water pet)
  • Poison Shield (Earth pet)
  • Shock Shield (Shock pet)

@BorchTrzyKawki quote:

Not true. There wwas an uproar from the players when they were introduced, and they had to be toned town several times.

The shadow assassins from DD2 spawn on the player out of no where and lock all your skills and attacks for several seconds. During this time, with 12,000 armor, Worm Scarf, and Dryad's blessing, it does about 50,000 damage to the player.

They behave more like a "you die" status effect than an actual enemy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea its bullcrap im literally in c5 trials with 4 damn assassins left in the wave just 4! & i cant kill them solo. its ridiculous, im jus here dying over  & over & over & over while typing this from ps4 browser. And lets jus put some extra icing on the cake, if i die they get all their health back? Full health? cmon son

Smh i have no choice but to close down the map no point in doing chaos 5, at least solo. Lol cant even get loot kuz its damn wave 1. Was easy too. Feel like slamming my face right into this cake full of icing!

@CobraMate quote:

Yea its bullcrap im literally in c5 trials with 4 damn assassins left in the wave just 4! & i cant kill them solo. its ridiculous, im jus here dying over  & over & over & over while typing this from ps4 browser. And lets jus put some extra icing on the cake, if i die they get all their health back? Full health? cmon son

Smh i have no choice but to close down the map no point in doing chaos 5, at least solo. Lol cant even get loot kuz its damn wave 1. Was easy too. Feel like slamming my face right into this cake full of icing!

use tower to stun them so you can use abilities ( i use spike blockade with 30% chance to stun shard)

then spam abyss knight or monk pole smash something like that until they are dead

this way they wont dissapear cause you keep them stunned

Personally, I'm using squire with maxed out HH/HD gear stand next to a dummy with sharpened spikes (stun). They get stunned really easily and I just auto-attack them to death. No additional towers and/or a pet to deal with them. Also pole smashing them to oblivion with HH/AP monk works really well also.

you NEED any tower that stuns them for you, all the heroes or pets aoe stuns wont work reliably because you cant use them while they're on you, and if you use them right before when you see the animation, you only hit 1-2 of them, right before the next 1-2 arrive and stun you right after. snaking sands, geysir trap or some blockades with stun-chance work well for that.

Then you also need a possibility to stun them to death with your hero, pole smash, abyss knight ect, otherwise they disappear and heal back full.

And last you need enough hero dps to kill them before they disappear/heal full or before you run out of mana to keep them stunned, because sadly, most towers wont hit them even if theyre standing in range.

i had the same problem once in wave 1 of a c5 map with only 4 assassins left, i made the mistake to quickly switch to my builder-apprentice because i just wanted to try out tornado, but for some weird reason it would NOT let me switch back to any other hero after that...

[[133179,users]] all pet abilities work while stunned, but you are right that pets alone are unreliable as the cooldown between sparkle party for example is 30s.

Like some say, just learn how to deal with them. Don't make the game adjust on you, you should adjust to the game.

- use pets to stun them, works well

- use shards to get them off you, stun shards damage on damage taken shards,  there are some which can even oneshoot them

- use cc from your towers, i have always a 2-3 layer of cc just for them around to get them fast off and stunned

- get more HP, Well that is preference like some people have really huge HP, over 200k. I for myself have only around 40k too, but i use alot of stun from my towers so yeah i dont need much hp

There are several ways to go against them, just use them, gobu. Include stuff into your build and you will get alot stronger in your build too. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have successfully countered them with two things. One a abyss lord fountain and a dryad tree healing you for tons. As well, overwhelm works nicely and switching to a pole smash . I stand near my spike blockades as well and use sparkle party. Kinda overkill, but it beats dieing to them. 

You need a stun tower primarily.

Examples are Sinking Sands that are active, Spiked Walls with Sharpened Spikes, Volcanos with the Stun shard, etc.

Once stunned, if you are a Squire, fire off a Seismic Slam or use a stun/freeze that your current character has to extend the duration while assisting nearby towers to kill it. 

If you are about to die, you will need at least a Serpent Coil to get green orbs or build a World Tree to combat the damage.

@Goofio quote:

The abilities that didnot work:

• Fire Shield (Fire pet)

Invest in a HH/HCD build and you might just change your mind.

answering OP:

post 19.5 stand in 2 overlapping flame auras and go afk.

another option is:

stand in "insert defense" line of sight and go afk.

• 2 months later...

just stand in front of a pdt or make a kill zone or use the skyguard its actually very easy to counter them

@Goofio quote:

I tested some more pet abilities against the Assassins. 

The abilities that worked (i.e. disabled them in some way):

• Sparkle Party (Gato pet)
  • Stranglethorn (Earth pet)
  • Stalagmite (Earth pet)

The abilities that did not work:

• Fire Shield (Fire pet)
  • Bubble Entrapment (Water pet)

stiky pits works aswll

Abyss Lord Knight of the Abyss is great.  Stun and if you're geared for ability power/health you can stand right on them spamming and siphoning.