Dear Trendy, ....Wtf ...Why?

@ShadowBerry quote:

No-one actually enjoyed the 6 hour long survival in earlier DD games.

At least you could actually do them without getting timed out if you happened to go AFK for a few minutes.

@ShadowBerry quote:

And I'd counter with the fact that I've had more fun in any Survival of DD1 than I did with DD2 at any point.

@Akutare

Well, if you enjoyed building and then going AFK for half an hour until a wave finishes, well..
..I don't think DD2 is a game for you. Try something else. DD2 will never be like DD1.

@ShadowBerry quote:

@Akutare

Well, if you enjoyed building and then going AFK for half an hour until a wave finishes, well..
..I don't think DD2 is a game for you. Try something else. DD2 will never be like DD1.

You only AFKed if you wanted to, there was plenty of DPS classes you could play.

Survival was boring but it at least was more interesting than than using a single build for every single map because nothing else is viable unless it's over-statted for the level.

Hey Trendy's 

...XP are good in Trials mode and the Ascension Points skilling are a good idea, but the Spirit of the game was farming gear, weapons... ..but now it was very boring.

With the Items and shards If'd Play i can only build chaos 1-2, and the items i'll found(Trials) are very low, the only i can farm is bad shards and the Ascension Points..thats to boring and u can Play only the maps from the Trials Difficult. Other gamemods are not importend ---> bad items ..bad shard and no xp..what have u done.

When we farm, the Items we find must be minimum so good as the Items we try.

The stunning of the Traps are to Long too, thats to much.

That makes nobody happy and the Spirit od DD1 we lost more and more.monk_small.png

Sorry my bad english..

...but please make the farming more atractive as at the Moment please...thxEmoji_Huntress.png

(i dont find the right thread about new Trials update...maybe i'm blind..sorry)

Greetings

EnemyMine

@Akutare quote:

@ShadowBerry quote:

And I'd counter with the fact that I've had more fun in any Survival of DD1 than I did with DD2 at any point.

The sad part, is that this is absolutely true.

I loved to see how far my Towers would resist and take me. I didn't mind DPSing a bit occasionally. It was a casual little game that fitted a niche. 
It was a -tower- defense game. If you built right, you were rewarded for it. The more you played (farmed) the better you could get.

If I want an action game, I'll go play an action game. But those old survival rounds were actually great moments I spent playing.

You might argue that I was afk etc etc. But in order to reach that point, I played the game, I HAD FUN. I rarely had the game actively working against me. 

I went from apprentice to traptress to summoner to squire etc. Not because one got nerfed and I needed to change. I changed cause I wanted to. I am a min maxer. But I also like to have options. 

Watching the Alchemy Lab full of traps during survival on DD1 was glorious. 
Watching the Big motha ***ing AURAS was GLORIOUS.

It rewarded you visually. It triggered your sense of Visual reward. Did you do much after a certain point? No. You were a repair bot + firefighter vs some mobs. But that's what a Tower defense game is. 

Thtat is what most people DID  in a TOWER defense game, that or the challenges like assault or jesters game, of which there is nothing similar to now...

@ShadowBerry quote:

I have posted thoughts related to the poor inventory and UI in the Suggestions forum.

In regards to this thread, I will say that Dungeon Defenders 1 is a better game. The point of a Tower Defense game, is to build towers and kill monsters. DD1 did that very well, and was not so incredibly diverse enough to have too many options. Certain classes (Huntress/Monk most obviously) had things which were useful in every map, and that only they had the capacity to do. That helped make each character useful and awesome.

DD2 has too many options. DD2 also has too many options which are not even viable. When you have so many enemies which negate tower defenses, you are taking the fun away from people who want to play those classes. You have every right to develop the game as you see fit, but it seems to me that most players want to see their towers slaughtering monsters by the hundreds - not having their towers wasted or destroyed, or downright "wrong" choices.

Let us have fun.

@Chappyy quote:

As the original anti hero deck guy I can say I am 100% satisfied with the current hero deck. The changes made to the current hero deck, in my opinion are better than DD1. It has all the same qualities and some new ones. That being said 

Currently I do not like the direction Trendy is going. Well honestly they have been slowly going this way since the start. Heroes are the stars not towers. Basically I feel like there are devs that are still holding on to this being a moba and would rather there not even be towers.

Hero damage isn't "the star", the game is just a lot harder now. It's more that optimizing your combat ability is much more straightforward. I don't feel like I'm way stronger than my towers (obviously I am to some degree a bit stronger, but I can't be in several places at once which means my defenses have to hold up).

@JCav quote:

I have posted thoughts related to the poor inventory and UI in the Suggestions forum.

In regards to this thread, I will say that Dungeon Defenders 1 is a better game. The point of a Tower Defense game, is to build towers and kill monsters. DD1 did that very well, and was not so incredibly diverse enough to have too many options. Certain classes (Huntress/Monk most obviously) had things which were useful in every map, and that only they had the capacity to do. That helped make each character useful and awesome.

DD2 has too many options. DD2 also has too many options which are not even viable. When you have so many enemies which negate tower defenses, you are taking the fun away from people who want to play those classes. You have every right to develop the game as you see fit, but it seems to me that most players want to see their towers slaughtering monsters by the hundreds - not having their towers wasted or destroyed, or downright "wrong" choices.

Let us have fun.

Biggest hit was definitely the SIZE of the monk aura, i get that they were huge before but who cares? we enjoyed it, are they afraid we will be too happy?

@Alhanalem quote:

Hero damage isn't "the star", the game is just a lot harder now. It's more that optimizing your combat ability is much more straightforward. I don't feel like I'm way stronger than my towers (obviously I am to some degree a bit stronger, but I can't be in several places at once which means my defenses have to hold up).

No offense, but your hero must not have very high stats then.  Heroes are significantly more effective than towers right now.  My squire can walk into a lane, seismic slam, and eliminate literally everything other than bosses.  Combined with the automatic taunt shard, and the blocking reduces the CD of seismic slam shard, and he goes through mooks faster than a hero in Dynasty Warriors.  I'm sorry, but the balance between heroes and towers is WAY more skewed towards the hero right now.

As far as being in two places at once, yeah, that's true.  The problem is that my towers are basically just there to survive long enough for me to clear a wave and then come save the day.  Even when using ramsters and flamethrowers like I'm supposed to, mobs still build up because my towers just can't kill them fast enough.  It's almost reached a point where I'm starting to feel like upgrading damage towers is pointless, and I should be upgrading my walls instead to give me more breathing room.