Something is very wrong with the loot tables

I have been soloing chaos 4 all night and there is something very wrong with the loot table. I haven't seen more than two shard in the chest yet, where chaos 1-3 routinely give 3 shards. This wouldn't be a problem if chaos 4 dropped better shards, but it doesn't (I am so tired of panic fire and worm scarf in chaos 4 chests). Not only are the shards a problem but the gear dropping in chaos 4 does not make sense. I ran 4 runs in a row without a legendary drop only to finally get one on the 5th run. It was a level 46 totem with 1300 health on it. The same ones that drop in the last levels of the campaign. Why on earth is the gear getting worse in chaos 4? I have ground out 60 ascension levels in chaos 1-4 trials in the last 24 hours and I have seen ONE legendary that had stats even close to those on my old NM4 gear and it dropped in chaos 3. The legendary drops in chaos 4 are so rare and they aren't even level 50 half of the time. This has turned into a loot game with no loot, just an xp grind. 

people are saying that for you to get upgrade from your previous nm4 gear, you first need to switch ALL your gear (only those in your deck) for chaos 3 trials gear in order for chaos 4 trial to actually drop upgrade better than your nm4 gear.

equiping your dps with chaos 3 trials gear, build with your builders with nm4 if you want then get them out of the deck and stay only on the dps for the rest of the match if what some ppl are doing to get the drops.

cant tell you for certain cuz im not at c3 yet but mr juicesbags did a video about it

just to be clear it have to be trials.