Some constructive, less caustic, criticism.

Seems like Trendy is really taking a beating, and I don't mean to pile on, but...

1. I had some 750 gear that was maxed and some that wasn't maxed, and when the update came both were set at the same level.  After fully upgrading the gear which wasn't upgraded post update, those items are significantly higher than the ones which were fully maxed.  It seems to me the fully upgraded gear should have been reset to zero, or scale to match the current metric.  

2. If you are going to have an air assault then you really need to have some more effective towers against it.  The skyguard simply isn't effective.  To clarify, I don't need it to annihilate the flyers, but it should be better than what it is.

3. I have so many shards and you would think at least somewhere in there I would have at least one range, but nope I don't.  My ascension level is 37 so you would think somewhere along the way I would have stumbled on at least one.  May want to consider making that available for campaign mode or something.  Again, I don't mind the challenge, but that really is a crucial set of gear.  I have some great gear and am doing fine, but I don't know how newer players can effectively progress without?  Yes I know it's possible without it because I have made it this far without, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little troubling.

4. I find selecting a hero to be a pain-it might just be me.  Not fan of scrolling through 16 heroes.  If that's what we are stuck with then so be it, there are more important things I am sure. 

5. Overall, I appreciate the hard work you guys put into this and I think this is a great game and love it.  I, like everyone else, do get frustrated from time to time, but that makes victory all the more sweeter.  I like the concept of the Ascension levels but do we really need to acquire 14,000 points to max out?  (I haven't done the actual math on it so feel free to correct me.)

6. Having worked in IT, I know there are always unexpected things that come up, and it can get frustrating making a ton of repairs.  I think if you guys would be a little more open with the community and let us know what is coming ahead that might silence the angry mob.  I am not sure why things have to be so shrouded in mystery. 

That's my two cents worth.  Overall I think Trendy is doing a good job. 

And I love the new layout for the inventory bags.  Good job on that one!

I think the gear is so frustrating, I could farm nm4 before patch but now I can only farm c2. I upgraded all my gear and cant do c3 because my towers simply are too weak and I dont have a boss kill hero. 

The loot is ***, I dunno how many maps I played but not 1 single upgrades after hours of playing. I really dont know how to improve myself to do c3. 

90% of the shards are the same and are in my opinion no upgrade. Armor and weapons dont exists in Chaos and when they drop its not worth it to look at them because the rolls are too low.

My experiences until now are build with dryad, because they are op (I know that flamethrowers are op too), but dryad is stronger and gunwitch to kill bosses. 

I dont have a dryad and my gunwitch has no weapon, because nothing drops. SO I'm forst to do c2 until I get lucky after how many hours of playing?

sry for my bad english.

Great post! 

As a fresh 50 player (hit 50 the night before the patch) - I can safely tell you that the struggle is incredibly real...I spent 15+ hours trying my best to find the light in this patch because I too love this series of games very much - but honestly, I can't even bring myself to login other than to sit in town and talk and listen to everyone's complaints to feel that I'm not alone. 

This game is no longer new player friendly - It even says in one of the loading screen tips - "Finished the campaign? Head on over to Chaos mode!" - Chaos mode is supposed to be the next in progression and C1 is not rewarding what-so ever - Not even close to as rewarding as NM1 felt after completing the campaign. 

Also - Some people are saying - Farm Harbinger - Well, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but 3/4 of the towers on my builders are all broken and won't hit him at all???! I'm not sure what's going on here but it's very frustrating. 

Also - HARD mode is WAAAY to easy... It isn't even comparable and makes the transition to Chaos 1 that much more painful..  .I think they need a middle ground here - if anything to encourage new players to stay invested in their game and help grow our community.

It's sad because the day the patch was being released I spent all day going through youtube watching tutorials of the other builders you can buy and I was about to invest $50 in buying a bunch because the night before the patch I was actually having SO MUCH fun that I thought "This patch is going to be EPIC, I love the work they're putting in and want to support trendy"... Today, I'm so thankful that I didn't because I really don't feel like our voices are being heard and I'm having sad memories of how Trendy used to treat our community in DD1. 

I really hope that they open some line of communication with us - I mean, it's only day 2... So who know's what they have planned really - but I can safely say that this game has lost the fun factor for me. 

Yeah I dunno what they are thinking. How can they make a modus that is very hard and u dont get rewarded. I mean the loot is so ***ty. At the moment I don't really want to farm.

I also want to play other heros than dryad and gunwitch, but its impossible now because the boss has so much health, u cant really kill them with other heroes.

I also can understand the struggle for new players because this wont chance when u can farm c1 or c2. c3 is a big jump and very very hard.

They should really have some beta testers. The ideas are great but they are missing some important points. Shards can't be anything because the relics and gear are important too.

They cant expect  that we are farming for 100 hours and then maybe can go 1 difficulty up. I dont mind on farming days to get gear and then can farm c3, but at this rate I see no point in farming. 

@paradiselost quote:

3. I have so many shards and you would think at least somewhere in there I would have at least one range, but nope I don't.  My ascension level is 37 so you would think somewhere along the way I would have stumbled on at least one.  May want to consider making that available for campaign mode or something.  Again, I don't mind the challenge, but that really is a crucial set of gear.  I have some great gear and am doing fine, but I don't know how newer players can effectively progress without?  Yes I know it's possible without it because I have made it this far without, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little troubling.

I feel you, I really don't get why is so hard to get this shard, I got ascension 35 only doing C1 over and over again, I have 1 and a half bag of shards and nothing, I'm tried Trendy.

Glad to know you are not the only one.  I did harbinger like 30 times to get a decent inventory.  If it would drop on campaign then I wouldn't mind playing harbinger over and over to get it.  I have four of every other shard because I sell them off once I get five.