@Sen quote:

So we DON'T talk to him? We just pick a map, 1 out of the 5?

At the top of the map list is a trials option. When you select that it randomly picks from 1 of 5 maps and sends you there. The flavor text about the knight commander is confusing some people. :)

Indeed! I guess we don't have to be quite so literal.. lol.. thank you both :)

Ok, I checked with the Offspring Unit. What @Valthejean and @ROK103 said was what he was doing (it was the only mention of Trials that he could find, so he went with it).. which is when he was getting the double rollers and being unable to clear the map because of them, so no new shards for him yet. His Abyss Lord and Dryad did hardly any damage to them, and he said he tried his Monk and he didn't have much of an effect, either. Neither of us have a Mystic. While I'm tempted to get one to help us through this, I feel like doing so should not be necessary to beat maps. And I had thought the hit boxes and spawn rate were supposed to be fixed - perhaps that is something they are working to fix on top of the other issues that showed up after the patch went live.

We'll wait and see after the next patch and see if the rollers have been adjusted. I don't know what shards I have yet, but his were crap so we definitely need some drops like everyone else seemingly. Upgrading them as much as he could didn't help.

I'm not ready to hang Trendy out to dry, yet. Their hearts are in the right place, I think, and they are most likely well aware of all the grumping here (and on Steam? anyone seen reaction there?), so they have a good idea what's really broken and what isn't and what needs to be patched (ROLLERS *cough*) and what is working as designed. I'm PRAYING that solo artists will not need to handle more than one of those #&%!ing things per map and that their weak pixel is enlarged slightly so that more characters can hit it. I'm also pretty sure there are bigger problems that are affecting more people so it may have to wait a patch or two. 

In the meantime, good luck to everyone! And thanks for the help. Maybe we could start posting what IS working and we can compile a master list of things that work to get us to the Victory chests, rather than things that don't? It may help some people.. just an idea Emoji_Apprentice.png

@nezull quote:

I will address my complaints in this post, yes I will "***" about things so no one should feel forced to read this.

You removed half the items in the game because? No more guaranteed drops we are too lazy to balance special effects, have a flat increase to defense power/health/range/w.e. because its easier to balance. Heck you are too lazy to even remove some of them. Storm glaive still lets my monk fly for about a second? I honestly hope that is not intentional.

Solo still feels horrible, with your "balance hero dps and lower tower damage" you need someone on every lane clearing the crappy monsters. Oh and I had a few laughs when I shot once at the reflect shield and three of my towers instantly died. Not sure if that is intended but it just gives you a perspective on tower and player damage and reflect.

Also PARAGONS? REALLY?

I'd suggest you issue an apology to anyone who has even bothered to log in the past few days, and go back to the drawing board revert some changes, ask your community what they think before releasing anything.

I was a fan since the first game, take a guess if I am now.

Something you should look at: http://steamcharts.com/app/236110
BygR0

I <3 you op, run away with me back to Eternia Shards DLC. Your righteous pique is like the warmth of a thousand candles filling the hollow where my tolerance used to be. And that chart, holy hell. At this point, I await only death, and the long-deserved collapse of this much-abused game.