I will address my complaints in this post, yes I will "***" about things so no one should feel forced to read this.

Day 1 : Download takes forever (I am clueless why you don't release it a day early for download and make a sequence for it to extract or whatever the next day, like every other video game company in this century. Second I could not play with my friends for god knows how long, I just got up and left about an hour and half after release ( saying Amazon bla bla doesn't concern me) Peak players for February have been 1963 that should be nowhere near enough to cause server problems.

Day 2 : Got inside the game for more than two minutes finally. Got some very underwhelming shards (by that you should understand that every single one had horrible stats not that I didn't get the "good" ones like range, damage, convertion, construction and whatever else ) Why remove spheres when you're gonna add the same effect but make us pay more gold for it? Answer: because you think farming gold may be fun (It's not) and we should grind the same levels over and over again for shinies. Alright I can understand that I've played my fair share of "grindy" games, that is actually something I like. Still every third or fourth game I'd get disconnected from the host (whatever that means, keep in mind I'm playing alone at this time)

Chaos 1 : Played it for a bit wiped a few times went back figured out what works and what doesn't (half the towers in the game *cough* ). My friends joined we stomped it, mostly because of hero damage nothing spectacular going on with our tower game for now. Loot was ***, like 4-4.5k less power on the medallions/totems compared to what we had. Shards were the same old ones that I got at the beginning.

Chaos 2 : We started doing it because we thought well loot should get better eventually if we go up the tiers (Nope). Items were still quite far from our current gear. Shards were still the same. We went to bed disappointed.

Chaos 3 : Got up decided im going to try to farm some gear up ( oh wait what no more incursions? no more guaranteed drops? So what now im stuck with what I have from before, fine. Went into chaos 3 got a few maps done, failed on even more because the monster AI is dumb as *** and that is me sugarcoating it. How can the group of mobs push the boss through the crack between the walls? Some monsters just flat out ignore walls and just bump into them and stay there doing nothing. Then came the cherry for me, after I finally got through the map and the siege roller got bugged in his spawn, which has happened many times before with many bosses but at least you can kill them (I used ev2's beam for that and it got the job done) but no you dimwits can't fix the proton beams damage on the siege rollers for god knows how long and how many other people have asked about it. So I stood there chipping away at his heals 6k per tick for about 15 minutes and I got disconnected from the host. What the actual ***?
(I heard something about monsters despawning after some time so I naturally gave it I think it was about 5-6 minutes before trying to mess with it.

Now to some other points I'd like to go over.

Solo - 2 Siege Rollers + Another boss Yeah if you have the space to build 10 additional walls maybe it will be doable. I got it a few times and I barely did it once.

You removed half the items in the game because? No more guaranteed drops we are too lazy to balance special effects, have a flat increase to defense power/health/range/w.e. because its easier to balance. Heck you are too lazy to even remove some of them. Storm glaive still lets my monk fly for about a second? I honestly hope that is not intentional.

Can you imagine what a new player would feel like? Oh I passed the campaign yay ill go into hard now. I passed hard time to go into chaos 1. Wait what the monsters in a solo game have 150 levels on top of what 4 man hard was. And will you finally tell us what goes into getting a golden chest? Example I build everything get through 4 waves without losing a single defense, a friend joins goes afk and at the end I get a silver chest and he has the orange one?

Solo still feels horrible, with your "balance hero dps and lower tower damage" you need someone on every lane clearing the crappy monsters. Oh and I had a few laughs when I shot once at the reflect shield and three of my towers instantly died. Not sure if that is intended but it just gives you a perspective on tower and player damage and reflect.

Also PARAGONS? REALLY? Have you not seen the hate diablo got for that crap. But oh boy did you take it a step further You currently need about fourteen THOUSAND (14,000 for the illiterate) levels to level up all the stats. Where in diablo you need but eight hundred to max all of your bonus stats and everything beyond that just gave strenght/int/dex.

I'd suggest you issue an apology to anyone who has even bothered to log in the past few days, and go back to the drawing board revert some changes, ask your community what they think before releasing anything.

I was a fan since the first game, take a guess if I am now.

Something you should look at: http://steamcharts.com/app/236110
BygR0

You seemed to have missed something big with the shards. You need to do the trials mode to get the shards of whatever difficulty you do the trials mode of. Otherwise you only get regular campaign shards.

Chaos1 to 3 shards have been identical to what I got from the refund. What are you even talking about I have not stepped into campaign

LOL Im with you on all comments,  So far very disappointed..  new enemies are nice... But thats about it.   Still only a few days in but I highly doubt Ill see any OMG this is awsome moments. shards so far feel like spheres and again have a feeling its gonna be the same with the "better" spheres.   I do actually like the Ascension system as it gives us somthing to upgrade while at 50.

In no point is your post did you say you played trials, you just said you completed maps. Also you said all the shards you get are the same campaign shards you got before so you probably haven't been playing trials if you didn't get any chaos shards.

Well since you can't do incursions on chaos and in defense you get practice maps without loot. I'd think it should be obvious. I said the shards I got from trials are the same as the ones which were given as a refund. I got chaos tier1 2 3 shards and they were in no way different after I opened them. I've completed about 15 chaos 1 trials, about 1-2 chaos 2 trials and around 10 chaos 3 trials. Let me tell you for the last time all the shards are complete ***, they are basicly sphreses which you have to pay more gold for. All of the defense gets hit defense gets crit/power or whatever are useless. Increases to damage crit chance crit damage and range are the only viable ones and they are honestly a ***ty mechanic. And fortify for walls ofc. ( Answering your next silly question :Yes I upgraded them to their max level)

The Shard refund I got was so underwhelming compared to what I had I closed the game out of frustration.

It took me a day to fire it up and test it properly.

It was still underwhelming. I'm browsing and posting on these forums ( something that I never felt the need  for) to express my distaste with this patch so far and the way the game feels and seems to be leaning torwards.

The thing is that our 700+ Ipwr old stuff is "supposed" to let us play Chaos IV (it's the only difficulty with Chaos V that can give us upgrades) but Chaos IV is pretty much impossible in solo play and not that difficulty in 4 players with a decent team.

There's so many flaws with that update and we have no official words from the devs. And I'm even more bitter because I know that so much of that feedback has already been given before the update even goes live and we are still in this situation.

@Elyssae quote:

The Shard refund I got was so underwhelming compared to what I had I closed the game out of frustration.

It was still underwhelming. I'm browsing and posting on these forums ( something that I never felt the need  for) to express my distaste with this patch so far and the way the game feels and seems to be leaning torwards.

I got 77 million gold for the refund how is that underwhelming?

@nezull quote:Second I could not play with my friends for god knows how long, I just got up and left about an hour and half after release ( saying Amazon bla bla doesn't concern me) Peak players for February have been 1963 that should be nowhere near enough to cause server problems.

Ignorance at it's finest. If the reason for the outage does not concern you then do not post and complain about the outage either as it reaks of entitlement. The number of players had nothing to do with the outage.

The game is hosted by Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services had a massive outage lasting approximately 6 hours which affected much more than just Dungeon Defenders II, some other services include twitch.tv, Titanfall2, Rocket League, Imgur, Razer and GitHub. The fact that it happened on patch day was unfortunate but there was nothing Trendy could do. 

@Argick quote:

@nezull quote:Second I could not play with my friends for god knows how long, I just got up and left about an hour and half after release ( saying Amazon bla bla doesn't concern me) Peak players for February have been 1963 that should be nowhere near enough to cause server problems.

Ignorance at it's finest. If the reason for the outage does not concern you then do not post and complain about the outage either as it reaks of entitlement. The number of players had nothing to do with the outage.

The game is hosted by Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services had a massive outage lasting approximately 6 hours which affected much more than just Dungeon Defenders II, some other services include twitch.tv, Titanfall2, Rocket League, Imgur, Razer and GitHub. The fact that it happened on patch day was unfortunate but there was nothing Trendy could do. 

32% of the Internet was shut down because of the Amazon issue by the way, so it was pretty massive.

@stuffymonster quote:

@Elyssae quote:

I got 77 million gold for the refund how is that underwhelming?

You can have all the gold in the world, but if your effectiveness in farming better gear / new shards is destroyed, you'll be sitting on all that gold without anything to spend it on.

And gz on the 77 M, I got 8M. 

Everyone just needs to take a breath alright. We're 3 days into the update. Trendy already tweeted that they hear the feedback loud and clear and are workibg on things. We'll probably see a patch come down in a week or so. Testing an update this massive on your whole audience is very different than with your inner circle of testers. 

I agree that the gear pacing is awful; that they need to better coordinate what lanes special mobs land in and perhaps limit the number out at one time. I really think Trendy will find a balance. The main goal of the update was to let builders be dpsers and vice versa and they accomplished that...albeit we're dpsing much less atm but still. The update has good bones. Lets see how they flesh it out over the next week or so. 

@Fozzie quote:

You

Need

To

Play

Trials

To get Chaos shards

I have 35 ascension levels from chaos 1-4 and the shards are underwhelming and the vast majority are the same ones you got at the start. After 35 ascension levels and dozens of clears I have not found one defense shard beyond the basic ones. 

@jbaisden quote:

Everyone just needs to take a breath alright. We're 3 days into the update. Trendy already tweeted that they hear the feedback loud and clear and are workibg on things. We'll probably see a patch come down in a week or so. Testing an update this massive on your whole audience is very different than with your inner circle of testers. 

I agree that the gear pacing is awful; that they need to better coordinate what lanes special mobs land in and perhaps limit the number out at one time. I really think Trendy will find a balance. The main goal of the update was to let builders be dpsers and vice versa and they accomplished that...albeit we're dpsing much less atm but still. The update has good bones. Lets see how they flesh it out over the next week or so. 

Um i am dpsing more than i ever have. I am still enjoying the game, just difficult to find a build over flamethrower atm with all the anti projectile enemies now

To do the higher content you need:

1) good gear drops fully upgraded (Converted NM4 armour is good gear)

2) need the right shards for the right towers, fully upgraded

3) need a fair chunk of ascension levels

Jumping into the Trials with converted NM4 gear means you aren't going to see gear upgrades until the higher difficulty levels.

Jacking the difficulty levels up above C1 when you don't have the required C1 shards makes it harder to get the shards you need because the shard you can get includes everything from that difficulty downwards so the higher the difficulty the larger the pool of possible shards, your probability of finding say tower range (which is a C1 shard) becomes lower the greater the size of possible shards increases.

That being said, I do have some concerns, especially with the new Chaos mobs, it kind of pushes people to use a handful of towers which are not heavily penalised.  It is the same reason I dislike the siege roller, it severely limits possible strategies and tactics.  I feel the game gets narrower in terms of possibilities rather than expand.

Well im frustrated... I actually like the update in general, it was time to move on from the previous form and i dont mind some issues that seem to bother other people but,  shards are game breaking for me, literally game breaking...

I dunno what to do anymore, as many pointed out i just cant get shards, any usable shars, AT ALL...

All i got is DP and DH shards from farming campaign, i completed at least a dozen chaos maps on different levels and i cant get anything, and i dont know how to stress this enough NOTHING, I GOT NOTHING!!!  Things like shrapnel, starfall dmg, or specific defense shards like skeletal orc health or such i dont even know if they exist?

I dont wanna sound like entitled jerk but i have played 12+ hrs on new update and i just dont know what to do i dont have time nor desire to sit on chaos 1 maps for 6-7hrs a day for a month to get 4-5 useful shards... It is simply way to grueling any of those maps are 25-30 min. at least, and the fact that browser doesnt work for trials means i have to randomly join and ofc thats always before wave 1 so i cant even save some time jumping into peoples builds halfway...

So my gameplay consists of building 1 chaos1 map (25mins), than joining 2-3 others (some are time waste since people either build to slow or we lose) (thats another 40 or so mins) then i join a chaos 2 map (30 min) and then i build solo one chaos 3 map (1 win 2 loses so far) and that takes another half an hour. So grand total of 2+hrs i get like 3 chaos shards and you can guess this ALL USELESS... Then i get to repeat all this 8-12 hrs later and so on for 3 days now + 2 hrs i needed to leech campaign shards to even have a chance to start...

Like i said general direction of the update but the shards are killing it for me... At this  rate, playing a few maps a day i am gonna get 5-6 fully built heroes in 2 years or so and i had NM4 gear to start with...

@Riddle quote:

Well im frustrated... I actually like the update in general, it was time to move on from the previous form and i dont mind some issues that seem to bother other people but,  shards are game breaking for me, literally game breaking...

I dunno what to do anymore, as many pointed out i just cant get shards, any usable shars, AT ALL...

All i got is DP and DH shards from farming campaign, i completed at least a dozen chaos maps on different levels and i cant get anything, and i dont know how to stress this enough NOTHING, I GOT NOTHING!!!  Things like shrapnel, starfall dmg, or specific defense shards like skeletal orc health or such i dont even know if they exist?

I dont wanna sound like entitled jerk but i have played 12+ hrs on new update and i just dont know what to do i dont have time nor desire to sit on chaos 1 maps for 6-7hrs a day for a month to get 4-5 useful shards... It is simply way to grueling any of those maps are 25-30 min. at least, and the fact that browser doesnt work for trials means i have to randomly join and ofc thats always before wave 1 so i cant even save some time jumping into peoples builds halfway...

So my gameplay consists of building 1 chaos1 map (25mins), than joining 2-3 others (some are time waste since people either build to slow or we lose) (thats another 40 or so mins) then i join a chaos 2 map (30 min) and then i build solo one chaos 3 map (1 win 2 loses so far) and that takes another half an hour. So grand total of 2+hrs i get like 3 chaos shards and you can guess this ALL USELESS... Then i get to repeat all this 8-12 hrs later and so on for 3 days now + 2 hrs i needed to leech campaign shards to even have a chance to start...

Like i said general direction of the update but the shards are killing it for me... At this  rate, playing a few maps a day i am gonna get 5-6 fully built heroes in 2 years or so and i had NM4 gear to start with...

Unfortunately, Chaos shards only drop when you're doing trials maps.  Defense mod Chaos difficulties are completely pointless in terms of getting gear.  The only way to find new shards is to do Chaos1 trials and up.  I myself would like to move up to chaos2, but I'm waiting for chaos1 to finally drop some tower range shards.  Unfortunately all I get is lavamancer ones.

@Valthejean quote:

Unfortunately, Chaos shards only drop when you're doing trials maps.  Defense mod Chaos difficulties are completely pointless in terms of getting gear.  The only way to find new shards is to do Chaos1 trials and up.  I myself would like to move up to chaos2, but I'm waiting for chaos1 to finally drop some tower range shards.  Unfortunately all I get is lavamancer ones.

I know they drop on trials im doing trials and i keep getting one CH shard and one standard and they are both useless. I must have gathered at least 200 panic and critical dmg ones... I hope i can at least get some ability shards, 'cause i have all hero classes and none of them can do any dmg to the bosses because they are all "naked" Oh well, no point in frustration im just gonna play a few maps a day and hope for the best...

We are having a bit of confusion over here about Chaos and Trials. The update notes said that the Knight Commander will say which Trial we need to go to, yes? That's where we will find the best loot, etc. Problem is, Sir Knight Commander only wants to chat and doesn't say squat about any Trials. Nobody does. My son has talked to every NPC in the private tavern and the majority in the public one, and nobody says anything about it.

On top of the 2 absolutely huggable steam rollers he gets soloing in Chaos maps, and no reward for playing since none of them are actually Trial ones.. well. If anyone knows where this elusive maestro of the Trials Orchestra is, I'll be grateful and we'll have somewhere to start besides Frustration Alley.

Perhaps this is also others' trouble.

@Sen quote:

We are having a bit of confusion over here about Chaos and Trials. The update notes said that the Knight Commander will say which Trial we need to go to, yes? That's where we will find the best loot, etc. Problem is, Sir Knight Commander only wants to chat and doesn't say squat about any Trials. Nobody does. My son has talked to every NPC in the private tavern and the majority in the public one, and nobody says anything about it.

On top of the 2 absolutely huggable steam rollers he gets soloing in Chaos maps, and no reward for playing since none of them are actually Trial ones.. well. If anyone knows where this elusive maestro of the Trials Orchestra is, I'll be grateful and we'll have somewhere to start besides Frustration Alley.

Perhaps this is also others' trouble.

Trials are offered through the war table like other maps.  It will be one of the first "maps" you select as opposed to an actual game mode.  I was a little confused by this as well.  Basically it's just a "random map from these 5" mode.

That's.. odd. This is what the notes said:

In the Trials, the Knight Commander assigns you to a defense commensurate with your power. Survive enough Trials at a specific difficulty, and you will earn the experience, gear, and resources needed to survive more dangerous fronts.

So we DON'T talk to him? We just pick a map, 1 out of the 5?