This is not the game that I purchased

I'll start off by saying I loved DD1 and the start of DD2, but I quit for two years after I logged in and all my equipped gear had changed. I felt like the hours I put into the game were completely worthless. Now, I understand that this is still early access, but all the patch did was randomize the stats for every item I owned. Last week I saw the game being updated on steam and decided to see what was new, and managed to find a full set of defense gear for my apprentice, so I was getting back on track.

That being said, this new update has completely changed that. I log in to find most of my gear with hero stats, which is really disappointing because I only play the game for towers. I understand that they're trying to allow people to use both hero and defense stats, but I'm not interested in hero stats at all, and I shouldn't be forced to use them. That was the whole point of providing hero and defense stats in the first place; to provide an option. I don't even want to play anymore because I want to defend with towers, not heroes, but I'm forced to do both.

Also, I don't know if the devs look at steam reviews, but the Eye of Cthulhu fight makes me want to cut myself almost literally.

Yeah, so, this is a problem with there being no tool tips for the update.

Relics are now tower-only equips. Below your hero equipment slots are tower slots (they show the pictures of their towers, though I don't blame you for not noticing. It's quite poorly set out right now.)

So don't worry. Tower stats haven't gone anywhere, you can just be both a builder AND a DPS at the same time now.

The patch notes don't give us anywhere near enough info so I don't blame you for jumping in an not having a full clue on all these changes, but if I were you, I'd see that all my gear had changed, and immediately suss the Trendy youtube and watch the latest two streams to see what the hell was up

By all means, you can just equip relics and have 0 hero gear / hero stats on that character, if you really wanted, and pets still have a defining stat role, builder OR hero stats, so your characters can still have a defined role as a builder over a dpser.

I get that you want to afk and watch your builds work, there is satisfaction in that, but for a long time now, hero dmg has been incredibly strong, so it seems it is going to be of high value for some time to come sorry to say

@Ghost [WoRM] quote:

Also, I don't know if the devs look at steam reviews, but the Eye of Cthulhu fight makes me want to cut myself almost literally.

I feel like they shouldn't when people blatantly don't do any single research at all before going on their little rampage..

@[UMF] Filthylopez quote:

By all means, you can just equip relics and have 0 hero gear / hero stats on that character, if you really wanted, and pets still have a defining stat role, builder OR hero stats, so your characters can still have a defined role as a builder over a dpser.

I really appreciate the response but that seems really weird lol. 

@Tyroki quote:

So don't worry. Tower stats haven't gone anywhere, you can just be both a builder AND a DPS at the same time now.

I guess it seems kind of cool, but I don't really want to. The apprentice has always been my builder, and my focus from the beginning of DD1 has been towers.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Ghost [WoRM] quote:

I feel like they shouldn't when people blatantly don't do any single research at all before going on their little rampage..

Fair point.

@Ghost [WoRM] quote:

I guess it seems kind of cool, but I don't really want to. The apprentice has always been my builder, and my focus from the beginning of DD1 has been towers.

Apprentice has no way to deal with flying enemies any more. Maybe there's a freeze shard to replace the freeze skill sphere but I don't know where it drops. Definitely not in Campaign so good luck with Chaos when you can't kill flying enemies.

I agree - I'm incredibly disappointed as well.

I guess for a large portion of the player base - they for a long time were abusing bugs and riding around in their incredibly strong gear and wiping dungeons with no issue what so ever - but for the people who just started and for new players in general - this update was a massive step backwards. 

The game was ALREADY HARD FOR US (BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!) 

I was actually enjoying myself the night before the patch - I had just gotten to 50 and got to NM1 and was pushing towards NM2 - the drops were rewarding, the maps were fun - even to solo - now I'm STRUGGLING to do C1 and praying people can let me leech C2-3 and the gear rewards aren't even CLOSE to rewarding or helping me and neither are the shards or the massive shard pack I got. 

Trendy should ultimately be finding ways to BUILD its player base WHILE appeasing its elitist crowd.