Hello Community,

I am fresh again in the game and got the gems for the orbs but i cant even beat Chaos 1 difficulty!

The Gear i get dropped in the first 3~4 waves are insane BAD and i cant finish Wave 5. To much/strong enemies, no possiblities to combo like hamster/lightning cause of default Turret rework.

What can i do to beat Chaos 1 ?

Have you checked the vendors in town their gear should be up to the old NM3 power so if you are around C1 they will still have good stuff. Ensure you go to the vendor with your strongest 4 in your active deck.

well i have a full legendary NM4 gunwitch with almost all of the armor/abilities max and i cant beat chaos 2 with 2 p2ws and another random person (and yes my other charecters gear is good aswell)

Run Harb on campaign for a bit - fast and easy XP, and you will get 1-3 shards every run, and can do it in just a couple of minutes (may need to build some, but just have a quick deck setup so you can build + play without fussing).

There are a couple of them that are critical to increase your wall health and Defense Power and Crit Damage stuff.

And look at the monsters for the Trials - Chaos 1 has goblins who will shield from frontal attack, so you can use flamethrowers or flanking PDTs or rams or etc.

@LowGameR quote:

Hello Community,

I am fresh again in the game and got the gems for the orbs but i cant even beat Chaos 1 difficulty!

The Gear i get dropped in the first 3~4 waves are insane BAD and i cant finish Wave 5. To much/strong enemies, no possiblities to combo like hamster/lightning cause of default Turret rework.

What can i do to beat Chaos 1 ?

To beat Chaos 1 I recommend that you get a few food shards in campaign (Destruction and Fortification at least one of each for your main tower and your wall). A few defenses that work very well by default are the Poison Dart Towers, the Flame Aura (the range is crazy small but with a decent Defense Power you can take care of most melee enemies behind your wall). Then you can combine this with other things depending on what you want, Ballista can be ok if you manage to clear shield goblins quickly with your other defenses, Skyguard can help if you struggle against flyers, flamethrower is good all-around.

Chaos I and II are pretty doable, it's after that that it gets a bit ... crazy.

I can get really close to beating Chaos 1 without even being level 50 yet. I lost on the last wave because of a Siege Roller.

EV = DPS, Weapon Manufacturer, Reflect Walls and Photons if you opt out of Flame Auras

Squire = Walls

Monk = Flame Auras

It doesn't seem impossible. Honestly, I just need to actually focus on a DPS.

• 2 months later...

@BlitzJay quote:

I got 3k medallions and totems but I can't beat c1. Why?

can you post a screen of your setup or a video you trying a map? That would help alot to help you.

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

can you post a screen of your setup or a video you trying a map? That would help alot to help you.

http://prntscr.com/fe8lal

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

Ok that tells alot already. My suggestion may sound strange to you but it actually would improve your damage done alot. C1 has goblin shields. They block projectiles from the front. So you actually might want to place your cannons from their spawner facing towards your wall. So reverse them so they can shoot the enemys from behind. With that you kill the backline fast and also the shield goblins. This should help quit abit.

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

Ok that tells alot already. My suggestion may sound strange to you but it actually would improve your damage done alot. C1 has goblin shields. They block projectiles from the front. So you actually might want to place your cannons from their spawner facing towards your wall. So reverse them so they can shoot the enemys from behind. With that you kill the backline fast and also the shield goblins. This should help quit abit.

OH! Thank you!

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

OH! Thank you!

So a bit like this? http://prntscr.com/fe8vmo

@BlitzJay quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

OH! Thank you!

Yes, just not inside the lane :D or they will get smashed by monster touching them. They have low agro (no agro at all) so placing them abit offside will do the trick.

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@BlitzJay quote:

OH! Thank you!

Yes, just not inside the lane :D or they will get smashed by monster touching them. They have low agro (no agro at all) so placing them abit offside will do the trick.

Ty!

Hi, as mentioned already in the topic you can place towers outside of the protection of the walls, they have almost no aggro nowadays. One thing to keep in mind though is that while they don't pull aggro they're not invincible. Splash damage or just being in the way of ranged attacks can and will still destroy them.

That being said, I made three screenshots of three seperate "builds" I used in c1 when I started out. I don't have any increased range from shards on any of the towers used here, but I probably have some ascension put into range. Regardless, using these builds and tweaking them a bit SHOULD work. Adding more damage as needed. None of them use any heroes outside of the 4 originals. If you have any of those you unlock more potential builds, but they aren't needed for most of the game (one exception is that EV2 makes c6 a heck of a lot easier).

vAwlLTd.jpg

This one is the most basic and with the most spare DU to improve the defenses. The flame throwers both thin out the hordes of weak mobs and can reach javelins that usuall stand in the corners or the stairs. This leaves the rather powerful PDT to deal with any strong enemies that reach the wall. Placing some more AoE in places that reach the front of the wall, such as flame auras, helps a lot. If you happen to have an Abyss Lord placing a ramster behind the wall will be very powerful.

ojKmibi.jpg
This one focuses more on mowing down the trash quickly with loads of AoE. It's a bit weak to bosses and the two flame throwers on the stairs might get hit by random things at times. If a Siege Roller passes by it's most likely going to break the two of them. It's a good build if you have a strong hero dps character though, to do the work on bosses. As usual, adding more towers as your DU allows helps. Maybe a PDT (I don't actually remember how much DU you have on this map) in a position similar to the previous build or some cannons would be good as well. The upside to this build is that you only use 1 core tower allowing you to really pump at that one relic with all the good shards you have.

Pj4zQFt.jpg
This one is more like what most of the game will look for you if you follow the current meta. Flame Auras are almost universally good. Enemies can't break them (although cyborks can stun them), they do a lot of damage in AoE and can even hit flyers if you have a good spot for them. The cannons here are used to kill the ones with enough health to make it all the way to the tower. It's a good all round build that can be adjusted as you see fit. Frost towers to slow down the enemies in the flame aura, different nuke towers if you don't like cannons. Once you get more range you also get more options on where to place towers. If you for example have heavy cannon ball (chaos 5, can be bought in packs) you could place at least one cannon behind the wall and let the heavy cannon ball roll down the stairs and stun everything in the flame aura. If you think that the enemies will all reach the walls you can place the auras close to eachother around where the cannons are and thus have double aura coverage at the walls which can be good. Just don't forget that javelin throwers will stand quite far back. As the auras grow with deadly strike and range gambit you can cover a lot of the lane with a constant ticking high damage aura.

Of course there are dozens upon dozens of alternatives you can build to fit your current gear, shard and tower options. But this gives (in my opinion) a fairly good idea of roughly how to build.  While there are very few true combos in the game you can still take advantage of their properties. Frost beam slow down the enemies grouping them up better for AoE and increases the time spent in the aura. Same with proton beam and their slow. If you have the explosive poison shard it's also a good idea to group them up as tightly as possible for example.

I hope this helps a bit and have fun.

• 5 months later...

For C1 use flame auras pretty much exclusively. You really don't need anything else except the monk aa tower for birds. Use your monk knock up near aa towers to help maximize their effectiveness. If you have an ev2 you can use proton nodes in addition to flame auras but it is not necessary.

Dont use pdts, turrets, or any projectile tower until you get better geared. The shield guys are a hard counter against projectile towers which forces you to play a different way. With your ascension levels put pts into range gambit for flame aura and flame aura damage. Once the gambit is maxed out put pts into crit chance. Overlap your flame auras as much as you can.

Once you get to c2, flame auras aren't as good because the hard counter cyborgs disable them. Then you can switch back to projectile towers.