Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

Trendy, I am really proud of you guys

Since there is a lot of bashing on the forums, I think you guys deserve to know the truth instead of listening to all hose whiners. The update is probably the greatest update we've ever had in my opinion, at least certainly one of the best. Now now, although it is great, there are still some minor issues and some room for improvements, but that's a big step in the right direction. 

Good stuffs:

- Shards: Bravo on that one. Farming shards and upgrading them is a great experience so far. Works a lot better better than RNG passives and we can actually feel a progression since upgrading a shard will always be meaningful (since all same shards are equal).

- Ascension: Bravo on that one too. I feel that the each ascension power is well balanced. We can now play without worrying to have no progression and hardcore players will shine again without making casual players too weak. There are still room for work here, but generally speaking great work.

- Chaos and enemies: Absolutely amazing. We wanted challenge, we got it. Just going with powerful stats is no longer the path to victory since we need to adapt to the new enemies. I still feel auras and traps are a bit behind towers since there are 2 enemies that are anti aura/traps and one enemy anti projectiles (although he is very anti projectiles lol), but the gap is closing. 

Things that can be improved:

- Inventory: Don't get me wrong, I believe it is more beautiful than before, and it is less buggy for sure (no more scrolling finally!). Although generally speaking it is superior to the previous inventory, some features are a downgrade from what we had. First of all, moving things is a pain in the ass. We need to click on the item, click on the bag, and click on a slot. Can we just multi-select items of a bag and instantly move them to another bag by just clicking on the bag? Also, going through all our heroes is also long and not very practical. 

Overall I love the update. Trendy, you gave me hope. I thought the game was in a terrible state, dying in its predecessor's shadow, but you have now proven me wrong. This is a huge step in the right decision. I really hope your pet revamp will be that great, and I'm also looking forward to the new content! (Assuming you need to finish DD1 maps remake, Man & Machine, Barbarian, pet revamp, man you guys got a lot of stuffs lol)

Sincerely MushroomCake

I agree with you, for me the only main issue was trendy not giving defense range in the start-pack, which force us to farm lower difficulties until get it.

But after that the game is so much more fun and rewarding. 

yeah the update did what was meant to be make an end game Hard and challenging just wait a few weeks everything will settle down like the Ye old NM split and Ultra Hero Nerf.

if u cut Their Easy pici lemon squeeze they will cry until they undestand the new mechanics

Look, there is some good stuff in there.
That doesn't mean that there isn't bad too, and the bad (especially navigating the menus and doing anything) just got horrible for PC. There is going to be a lot of grumbling. We just went from something that was a bit arse, but at least easy to navigate, to something that should have been better yet is distinctly worse in terms of use.

The shards you get out of most maps (basic ones) are also incredibly ho-hum, and for new players, that's all they'll be getting for a while.