Everyone needs to stop complaining just because they cannot beat chaos 1 or 2.... you all expect to just jump to chaos 4 and 5 just because you could easily beat nightmare 4, or the players who are complaining because they just got to 50 and are transitioning to chaos from hard, and its too difficult... you just have to learn more about the game, they have changed so much, made different balancing changes and made it(chaos 4-5) difficult on purpose, just because you cant sit behind your PDT's(or any other single tower) anymore doesn't mean the patch is bad(This is how its suppose to be, but just wait you know there will be another OP tower soon and i hope they fix it / balance it). Just learn the new strategies/enemies/items to be able to overcome the obstacles. And let me tell you something if they put out a huge game changing patch like this one and you could get to end game the first 5 hours after patch, they didn't do their job right and by giving us a challenge it lets us enjoy the game over a longer period of time, instead of getting endgame and being bored with the game after a couple weeks.

I think this patch is very good, its a nice change of pace, of course there are some issues with it but trendy clearly works with the community to build this game up so they will fix the issues. Trendy keep it up!

@Zlakolla quote:

Everyone needs to stop complaining just because they cannot beat chaos 1 or 2.... you all expect to just jump to chaos 4 and 5 just because you could easily beat nightmare 4, or the players who are complaining because they just got to 50 and are transitioning to chaos from hard, and its too difficult... you just have to learn more about the game, they have changed so much, made different balancing changes and made it(chaos 4-5) difficult on purpose, just because you cant sit behind your PDT's(or any other single tower) anymore doesn't mean the patch is bad(This is how its suppose to be, but just wait you know there will be another OP tower soon and i hope they fix it / balance it). Just learn the new strategies/enemies/items to be able to overcome the obstacles. And let me tell you something if they put out a huge game changing patch like this one and you could get to end game the first 5 hours after patch, they didn't do their job right and by giving us a challenge it lets us enjoy the game over a longer period of time, instead of getting endgame and being bored with the game after a couple weeks.

I think this patch is very good, its a nice change of pace, of course there are some issues with it but trendy clearly works with the community to build this game up so they will fix the issues. Trendy keep it up!

I disagree with you. There is so many flawed things with the update. Many big UI issues, many balance problems. The whole range issue feels almost like a 1st of April joke. New players can't make the jump from Campaign to Chaos. And personally I could do Chaos III and higher if I stopped losing because of absurd IA that makes enemies to have cancel animation when Viper's Fang bubble them in the air and they for some reason destroy my crystal everytime (or when enemies decide to just turn around my walls and ignore them entirely).

I don't lose because my build is flawed I lose because of random bug/issues with IA and there's nothing enjoyable about it at all.

Alright, I won't complain about the Chaos difficulty.

Instead, I'll complain about how the change to defense ranges has made it effectively impossible for players 1-50 going through the campaign to deal with any ranged enemies, because even the longest range towers barely reach farther than the walls now, once you have them backed up far enough to not be hit by splash damage. Are new/leveling players supposed to just save DU and wait to figure out where ranged enemies are probably going to hang out before putting down static defenses, and thenjust hope that the AI is consistent? Or was this patch secretly Trendy's way of saying that they don't like traditional towers and the only defenses we should be using are static AoEs like Monk's Auras and Lavamancer's Fissure of Embermount, and just place them all along the path?

Instead, I'll complain about how that same range change has completely invalidated traps, as their trigger range has been reduced so much that enemies can walk right over them half the time without triggering.

Instead, I'll complain about how removing the Nightmare difficulties has taken away the avenue that leveling players could use to get the gear that seems to have been intended to be used to get into Chaos.

Instead, I'll complain about the complete removal of the inventory sort options.

Instead, I'll complain about how the promised comprehensive changes to towers seems to have mostly just been to make half of them more expensive.

I was a long time player of DD1, and Trendy was never any better about making sane changes then. I was going to be part of DD2's closed beta, until we had nearly 6 months straight of "we'll start getting you guys in next week for sure" eventually landing us with the failed MOBA idea and I decided that I wasn't interested in supporting this company anymore. I was hoping that Trendy had learned their lesson in the years since then and that this update would make the game worthwhile and something I could do with friends to introduce them to the basic gameplay before suggesting they get DD1 (personal opinion, I think DD1 is more fun), but instead it's brought the game to a point that I don't want players new to the idea of tower defense/hack-and-slash to play this game, because it has botched the lower level stuff so much.

@Sombrero quote:

@Zlakolla quote:

I disagree with you. There is so many flawed things with the update. Many big UI issues, many balance problems. The whole range issue feels almost like a 1st of April joke. New players can't make the jump from Campaign to Chaos. And personally I could do Chaos III and higher if I stopped losing because of absurd IA that makes enemies to have cancel animation when Viper's Fang bubble them in the air and they for some reason destroy my crystal everytime (or when enemies decide to just turn around my walls and ignore them entirely).

I don't lose because my build is flawed I lose because of random bug/issues with IA and there's nothing enjoyable about it at all.

Range- you get over time, one being the ascension levels(this is not meant to be gained fast, otherwise everyone will be really op too soon), or find them in shards. or place your towers in different spots to where range is not needed as much. also use hero dps along with towers, the days of sitting back and letting your towers do all the work are over. to advance in the later difficulties you need to have a strong hero and towers not one or the other.

UI issues -i dont know what specifically you are talking about but i haven't had any that make me consistently lose my games because of it.

balancing- how do you know its all balance problems, have you tested every little bit of  towers and characters, with the different shards, all within the short not even days worth of time the patch has been released?

hard to chaos- new players can make the jump once they start to know more about the game and gather better shards.... once i upgraded some of those dp and tower health shards i could pass the levels. like i said its been not even a day, you want everyone to be end game?

Cancel animation?- could you explain this better? i have not experienced this.

mobs walking around you walls- simple really... put your walls in better(smaller) spots or put 2 walls in the big spots... also if you have the taunt shard on enemies will come right for you instead of your walls so if your standing behind your walls they will walk around if your walls are not placed correctly. so to fix that dont have that shard on or dont stand behind your badly placed walls. i have had them walk past my walls but only a few times and i adjusted my build accordingly.

Is it not enjoyable to you/anyone complaining because the games not spoon feeding you all the shards and gear you want, or dont want to take the time to develop skill and strategy in the game?  Because that is what it seems like.

People will always complain until they can find the new meta somewhere and stomp content without ever thinking.

Say what you want, I know my opinion on the update is far from being a first impression. I was expecting this to happen and it did. Many changes were made without any explanations and are a simple step back.

Riyshn mentioned most of them very well. The thing is that the best strategy to beat the game at the moment is by using flaws of design by spamming walls only (and when I say only I mean having 4-5 layers of walls per lane) and kill everything with heroes in 4 players. It's by very far the most reliable strategy.

That only fact shows how broken the game is. Period. I'm not complaining about difficulty, I had fun playing on the overly difficult first iteration of Nightmare back in the days. It was almost impossible to beat but it didn't felt completely unfair. Right now some defenses are utterly useless because of how chaos is designed and how certain changes have been made.

On top of that you are FORCED to choose or the range shard or the Range gambit ascension powers on about 90% of the defenses of the game. When a game tell you you have the choice but if you don't choose option X you are useless there is a massive problem.

I mean this update made the siege roller looks like a cool enemy fair to deal with ... if that's not a proof that the new content is frustrating as hell what is it then ?

While I agree that outright saying things like "the update sucks" or "it's too difficult" don't help much, negative feedback is just as important as positive feedback. A developer needs as much criticism as possible to get his/her game right. This includes both ends of the spectrum, constructive and deconstructive.

It's certainly nice to have someone calmly point out what they dislike and why they dislike it, but that doesn't even remotely emphasize how much of a problem something is like raw emotion does. I'd much rather everyone continue posting how they really feel about this update rather than sugar coat and run their thoughts through the politically correct filter.

With that said, keep in mind that the majority of people have just been posting their preliminary opinions. There hasn't been nearly enough time to fully digest everything we've gotten in this update simply because Ascension is a grind fest (whether that's rightly so or not is irrelevant, the fact remains). Because of things like this among other drastic changes from what we used to know, there's been a major, major shock factor involved. 

Humans are creatures of habit. It takes time to form new habits, and during that time humans will do everything they can to return back to their previous habit without a strict discipline being in place to prevent that. You cannot fault anyone here for complaining. Nearly everything about how they played the game before changed in a single update. Let them vent. Nothing good ever comes from bottling an emotion.

Now, also keep in mind that just because there's a major shock factor, that does not mean that every complaint is unwarranted. Which complaints are important? Only time will tell. None of us here, including the devs, are so godlike as to have a full and perfect understanding of what the game needs. This is why feedback is vitally important. This is why player -> dev and dev -> player interaction is tantamount to success. Communication.

If you haven't already read it, I'd really like to recommend the book "Fahrenheit 451." It's a good book touching on the subject of forced silence and the removal of free thought. If you have already read it, I'd like to ask that you read it again.

@Riyshn quote:

Alright, I won't complain about the Chaos difficulty.

Instead, I'll complain about how the change to defense ranges has made it effectively impossible for players 1-50 going through the campaign to deal with any ranged enemies, because even the longest range towers barely reach farther than the walls now, once you have them backed up far enough to not be hit by splash damage. Are new/leveling players supposed to just save DU and wait to figure out where ranged enemies are probably going to hang out before putting down static defenses, and thenjust hope that the AI is consistent? Or was this patch secretly Trendy's way of saying that they don't like traditional towers and the only defenses we should be using are static AoEs like Monk's Auras and Lavamancer's Fissure of Embermount, and just place them all along the path?

Instead, I'll complain about how that same range change has completely invalidated traps, as their trigger range has been reduced so much that enemies can walk right over them half the time without triggering.

Instead, I'll complain about how removing the Nightmare difficulties has taken away the avenue that leveling players could use to get the gear that seems to have been intended to be used to get into Chaos.

Instead, I'll complain about the complete removal of the inventory sort options.

Instead, I'll complain about how the promised comprehensive changes to towers seems to have mostly just been to make half of them more expensive.

I was a long time player of DD1, and Trendy was never any better about making sane changes then. I was going to be part of DD2's closed beta, until we had nearly 6 months straight of "we'll start getting you guys in next week for sure" eventually landing us with the failed MOBA idea and I decided that I wasn't interested in supporting this company anymore. I was hoping that Trendy had learned their lesson in the years since then and that this update would make the game worthwhile and something I could do with friends to introduce them to the basic gameplay before suggesting they get DD1 (personal opinion, I think DD1 is more fun), but instead it's brought the game to a point that I don't want players new to the idea of tower defense/hack-and-slash to play this game, because it has botched the lower level stuff so much.

Defence range (AGAIN)- you need to build to fit the need.... you can still use "traditional towers" you just have to strategically place them like you said..... if you place your walls in the same spot every time, the range guys will stop in the general same spot every time, you can gain this knowledge by.... can you guess? ..... if you guessed "playing the game" then you are correct. I will give you an example you can place "traditional towers behind the wall to attack the melee or medium ranged guys then you can put auras or traps down where the long range guys generally sit.. ffs you just want to place walls.. then place a spam of 1 tower right behind the wall and expect it to just kill everything without you doing any work. thats not strategy! and the point of the whole game, you say "Are new/leveling players supposed to just save DU and wait to figure out where ranged enemies are probably going to hang out before putting down static defenses, and then just hope that the AI is consistent?" Like its a bad thing that you have to figure out what to do, because il let you know that it is consistent enough to where the towers you place will kill them as long as you place your walls in the same spot. and even if a enemy goes out of place to where your tower cant reach.... guess what thats what your hero is for, do you know that thing is that your character holds, its called a weapon... use it.

Traps- ok if traps range is not big enough to activate then just put it in the bug/suggestion forums and they will fix it because thats obviously not intended and its something they can easily fix.

NIghtmare- your complaining about nightmare being gone... like what? the name is just changed to chaos, you gain gear as your advance thru chaos 1 to chaos 2 and so on.

No inventory sorting system- oh boo hoo is that seriously something to complain about and a big enough reason to not play the game/ recommend it to people. a lot of games dont have inventory sorting, and they can easily bring it back/make it better, but im pretty sure they have more important things to worry about than sorting your items. besides items get automatically collected for you and sorted how you set the bags, so there is a sorting system.

towers being more expensive- thats how they balance the damn game... if weak towers costed the same as strong towers then there would not be any reason to use the weaker ones would there. and they have put tons of work into changes to towers. you just dont like that its not easy and you haven't found the meta to stomp on everything without thinking yet (NeedToDie ... i totally agree with you)

So why dont you just go complain about something else.

Ziakolla I won't even try to debate this anymore you clearly are closed to discussion. If people have a problem with auto-sorting being removed (and I'm one of them) it's their right to be disappointed (specially since there is no reason for the functionality to be removed in the first place).

Let's just agree to disagree it will save everyone's time.

@calmchaos quote:

While I agree that outright saying things like "the update sucks" or "it's too difficult" don't help much, negative feedback is just as important as positive feedback. A developer needs as much criticism as possible to get his/her game right. This includes both ends of the spectrum, constructive and deconstructive.

It's certainly nice to have someone calmly point out what they dislike and why they dislike it, but that doesn't even remotely emphasize how much of a problem something is like raw emotion does. I'd much rather everyone continue posting how they really feel about this update rather than sugar coat and run their thoughts through the politically correct filter.

With that said, keep in mind that the majority of people have just been posting their preliminary opinions. There hasn't been nearly enough time to fully digest everything we've gotten in this update simply because Ascension is a grind fest (whether that's rightly so or not is irrelevant, the fact remains). Because of things like this among other drastic changes from what we used to know, there's been a major, major shock factor involved. 

Humans are creatures of habit. It takes time to form new habits, and during that time humans will do everything they can to return back to their previous habit without a strict discipline being in place to prevent that. You cannot fault anyone here for complaining. Nearly everything about how they played the game before changed in a single update. Let them vent. Nothing good ever comes from bottling an emotion.

Now, also keep in mind that just because there's a major shock factor, that does not mean that every complaint is unwarranted. Which complaints are important? Only time will tell. None of us here, including the devs, are so godlike as to have a full and perfect understanding of what the game needs. This is why feedback is vitally important. This is why player -> dev and dev -> player interaction is tantamount to success. Communication.

If you haven't already read it, I'd really like to recommend the book "Fahrenheit 451." It's a good book touching on the subject of forced silence and the removal of free thought. If you have already read it, I'd like to ask that you read it again.

Im not telling people to stop posting their opinions, im telling the people who are just complaining because they think its too hard to stop complaining, and if they have a real bug/solution to post it in the right section on the forums in a constructive way, and deconstructive criticism is not a good thing. to just complain with no solution and to just tear down people/ideas does not help them. You are also forgetting the devs are human too and to just say everything they worked on for the past months and have flat out said they have loved working on, is a piece of crap based on a few things that people dont like /dont understand yet, is just wrong. People need to stop reacting and start responding... there is a difference.

The problem comes when people give feedback and are not listened to. That's when things become problematic and complains start to be reasonable. This update has been tested before hand it doesn't get absolutely out of nowhere. It's not like only a couple of devs played the update and just made it live.

@Sombrero quote:

Ziakolla I won't even try to debate this anymore you clearly are closed to discussion. If people have a problem with auto-sorting being removed (and I'm one of them) it's their right to be disappointed (specially since there is no reason for the functionality to be removed in the first place).

Let's just agree to disagree it will save everyone's time.

Last time i checked you responded to my post, and you give up on debating with me because i have proved against all of your points and to go with the all mighty generalized statement of "its their right" i could use that statement too and it doesnt prove anything, and your missing the point.

It is SO early to post criticism about balance and effectivness of towers...

It's not like any of you will jump to wrong conclusions because you put one tower and it didn't work the first time, right ?

Reacting is to do without thinking and that is what people are doing.... responding is to consider the situation and information and only after make the statement, this is what people need to be doing... that is my point. 

@Zlakolla quote:
@calmchaos quote:

Im not telling people to stop posting their opinions, im telling the people who are just complaining because they think its too hard to stop complaining, and if they have a real bug/solution to post it in the right section on the forums in a constructive way, and deconstructive criticism is not a good thing. to just complain with no solution and to just tear down people/ideas does not help them. You are also forgetting the devs are human too and to just say everything they worked on for the past months and have flat out said they have loved working on, is a piece of crap based on a few things that people dont like /dont understand yet, is just wrong. People need to stop reacting and start responding... there is a difference.

There isn't always a solution though. Not having a solution doesn't mean that someone shouldn't voice their concerns. Awareness is far more important than actually solving the problem. While I agree that people shouldn't be straight up ***s like that because there's never a good reason to act like trash, a developer needs to be capable of coping with the fact that not everyone will like their work and that people will try to take you down just for the sake of it sometimes. It sucks, but it's part of the job. Morals cannot be enforced.

What you aren't realizing however is that the majority of the people who are complaining care about the game quite a bit as well. Otherwise, they wouldn't be wasting their time here. That's why I said you need to let them vent how they're feeling right now, or all you're doing is speeding up the community's decay. If people feel like they aren't being heard, they'll take their voice elsewhere. This game can't survive on just a handful of super dedicated players. It simply can't. 

Every voice is a potential paycheck. What happens when it all goes silent?

I personally have only had good experiences so far on the patch. The UI issues that I have (there's a good handful of them) have already been noted by Elandrian and will be changed/tweaked "soon", especially the infinite carousel of heroes we now have.
I've only beaten C1 so far but it feels like a steamroll with what was 650-700ipwr gear, and that's without any good shards, just some of the basic ones I farmed up in campaign.

I get that there are many issues but this is day one of the patch and already so much negativity instead of constructive criticism and discussion. There's more flames in the forums right now than there are in my builds, and I use a lot of flamethrowers Emoji_Apprentice.png

Remember, it's super important that you list your concerns and issues, but don't turn it into an argument. Trendy are listening and change can be made with your voices. THE POWER IS YOURS

The problem is progression. There is no bridge between hard and chaos. My old NM4 gear can't beat chaos 3 or 4 and chaos 4 is dropping gear that is a down grade. Right now it is just spam chaos 1 and hope for shards that apply to your characters and don't suck. However defense range is apparently chaos4+ which is a major problem. Right now if you are a fresh 50 you cant make the leap from hard to chaos and if you are a geared 50 you are stuck farming trivial content for shards because the gear is useless. 

This doesn't even touch on all of the insane bugs. Go play Chaos 4 and watch the beserkers literally run through your walls and smash the core. Or the range skeletons that get spawned inside of your walls and cant be hit. Et cetera. 

Didn't read anythin',but seen so many complaining ....players...trying to do chaos 5...with 1.4k archers...or 900 dps ramsters...or 30k blocks...and then they're just sit and watch like defences will kill everythin' afk....
REALY?

that's how game should look like for you guys?You want to complete everythin' even if you have NOTHIN' ?Go do compaign so.Keep Chaos for other players.

@Rose quote:

Didn't read anythin',but seen so many complaining ....players...trying to do chaos 5...with 1.4k archers...or 900 dps ramsters...or 30k blocks...and then they're just sit and watch like defences will kill everythin' afk....
REALY?

that's how game should look like for you guys?You want to complete everythin' even if you have NOTHIN' ?Go do compaign so.Keep Chaos for other players.

You didn't read what people said but you know what they said and they are wrong. Love it!  No intelligent person is asking for that. We just want progression. We want a challenging game that rewards you with better gear so you can move on to greater challenges. Right now we have a game that is impossible and drops gear worse than what we have from NM4. Currently the drops in Chaos 4 have roughly half the stats of NM4 gear. Which if there is really ipwr 1500 equivalent gear (as the devs said) it must all be in Chaos 5, which isn't doable with current gear. 

If you are a fresh 50 you are even worse off because the jump from Hard to Chaos is insane and there is no gear to support it. Chaos 1 gear doesn't equip you to clear Chaos 2 and so on. Progression is BROKEN. 

Currently IF YOUR GEAR WASNT RUINED BY REROLLS you can farm chaos 3 for 1-3 relics and pray to RNGesus that you get the ones you need out of the hundreds of possible relics. That is about it, the gear is ***.

As somebody who's a fresh 50 and has put 10 hours under my belt in the new patch - I can safely say that this game is no longer fun (in it's current state). 

There is absolutely nothing that bridges the gap between Chaos 1 and Hard - Hard is INCREDIBLY easy and is actually a joke compared to the leap to Chaos 1 - Even leeching in games up to Chaos 3 - Nothing drops of value that bridges that gap - I think a LOT of the older players here forget that a fresh lvl 50 walks out with Ilevel 200 items...  The items dropping from C1-2 are lvl 46/48 lvl req - They're not even close to strong enough to help you progress and PROGRESSION is EVERYTHING in these games. 

Also - somebody noted - The campaign mode is 100x harder now for newer players.

Sure you can say "Players will find the new meta and stomp content"... . . but how the eff are we supposed to get to the new meta when 3/4 of the higher lvl players are using gear we'll NEVER - EVER - have a chance to get in our current state of progression - Meta means using a build that works - Currently, there is NO BUILD that works for a fresh 50 on ANY CHAOS levels and NO WAY to get gear that allows you TO DO ANY CHAOS LEVELS! -_-  

@Secksi quote:

@Rose quote:

REALY?

You didn't read what people said but you know what they said and they are wrong. Love it!  No intelligent person is asking for that. We just want progression. We want a challenging game that rewards you with better gear so you can move on to greater challenges. Right now we have a game that is impossible and drops gear worse than what we have from NM4. Currently the drops in Chaos 4 have roughly half the stats of NM4 gear. Which if there is really ipwr 1500 equivalent gear (as the devs said) it must all be in Chaos 5, which isn't doable with current gear. 

If you are a fresh 50 you are even worse off because the jump from Hard to Chaos is insane and there is no gear to support it. Chaos 1 gear doesn't equip you to clear Chaos 2 and so on. Progression is BROKEN. 

Currently IF YOUR GEAR WASNT RUINED BY REROLLS you can farm chaos 3 for 1-3 relics and pray to RNGesus that you get the ones you need out of the hundreds of possible relics. That is about it, the gear is ***.

If you'll read my post you'll also see - I was talkin' about who exectly I was talkin' about.
And also...I don't see ANY reasons to read about how hard game for people who haven't anithin' to progress throught chaos .That's the point.
Why people didn't cryed before that they're after 30 mins of playing can't go nm4 ? ...and why they do now?

@Rose quote:

@Secksi quote:

@Rose quote:

REALY?

If you'll read my post you'll also see - I was talkin' about who exectly I was talkin' about.
And also...I don't see ANY reasons to read about how hard game for people who haven't anithin' to progress throught chaos .That's the point.
Why people didn't cryed before that they're after 30 mins of playing can't go nm4 ? ...and why they do now?

WHAT!? One more time, slower...and in english. The point is people have legitimate complaints. This patch is very broken for a lot of reasons. Sorry you can't wrap your fuzzy little brain around that. Progression is broken, gear in chaos is useless, the ascension system was poorly implemented at best, there isn't much incentive to play right now because you are basically farming mindless content for relics which are an incredible crap shoot and by all indication the important passives are gated behind content we can't reach. It is bad design plain and simple. 

@Secksi quote:

@Rose quote:

@Secksi quote:

@Rose quote:

REALY?

WHAT!? One more time, slower...and in english. The point is people have legitimate complaints. This patch is very broken for a lot of reasons. Sorry you can't wrap your fuzzy little brain around that. Progression is broken, gear in chaos is useless, the ascension system was poorly implemented at best, there isn't much incentive to play right now because you are basically farming mindless content for relics which are an incredible crap shoot and by all indication the important passives are gated behind content we can't reach. It is bad design plain and simple. 

and...what's the point of putting it in place which devs mostly don't read ?
It's like group where you can cry with others ?
Even if you don't know about bug tracker - you can put thread with your suggestions how to fix it or just a list of real problems for them with right thread name.That will be more helpful.
How many chances do you think this thread have to be read by devs?
Okaaaay....and how about reading everythin' on this thread ? They will not even if they'll say so.

How else do you suggest expressing our opinions? Do you have some other secret form of contacting the devs? How about this, if you don't like it then don't read it. Let people at least try to express their frustration to the devs. There is nothing forcing you to read it.