What the heck do we do between HARD & CHAOS?! (The fresh 50 struggle is real!)

Here are some facts.

Chaos 2 Trials drops defense gear with 2000 primary stat

Chaos 3 Trials drops defense gear with 3000- 3700 primary stat.

The Chaos 3 stuff is equivalent to lower end NM4 gear.

A fully geared out NM4 person with access to everything and using new cheese strategies can barely do chaos 2 or 3 trials. 

Most of the time you get 1 shard per map. There are 100000 gazillion shards and most of them DPS

Game is worse than during the frosty meta.

I can solo chaos 3 trials if i try hard. And all i get is retarded DPS shards i would never use.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pegazul quote:

Here are some facts.

A fully geared out NM4 person with access to everything and using new cheese strategies can barely do chaos 2 or 3 trials. 

Most of the time you get 1 shard per map. There are 100000 gazillion shards and most of them DPS

I can solo chaos 3 trials if i try hard. And all i get is retarded DPS shards i would never use.

Im getting 2 and sometimes 3 shards a run 

@stuffymonster quote:

OMG its a range shard that I fully upgraded after getting the shard from Chaos 1, Find another excuse...

edit: apparently embedded images are having issues: http://imgur.com/a/HzMP2

No one is saying you cant get range from chaos 1... The point is the gear from chaos 3 doesn't support you clearing chaos 4 and so on. I am not sure what you dont understand about gear progression. 

@Turiangel2014 quote:

This is what dd2 should have been not the early way to easet game it was. This update take your time grind out stuff like stuffy monster said and you can get further each time. This is a suggested action because i took his advice and im doing ok now so he is not lieing. Stay calm and you will make it 

I have better gear than I can reasonably obtain in the game currently other than a few relics which wont make or break my builds. The point is that gear from chaos 3 doesn't gear you to beat chaos 4 and so on. We have gear that is way better than chaos 4 gear and chaos 4 is still near impossible. 

Personally, my issue is i simply dont have enough medallions, orbs, marks etc to even buff my towers for everyone atm. I think i got a pretty good spread of starter shards though...minus the crit tower dmg ones. Even so i was almost able to solo chaos 1 were it not for the damn flyers. 

I think the intent for new players was to lvl shards with medals because they'd never have the gold to do so. Even at 6 million, which was quite low compared to how others were compensated, I'm being careful to upgrade shards that will go the distance. 

Honestly, im going to step back, farm campaign for more shards and even medallions and just take it slow. The gear disparity is real, but i think with time all this might lvl off a tad. Granted you guys are talking chaos 3 and 4 and I'm talking chaos 1 so...i could be way wrong. 

@Turiangel2014 quote:

@Pegazul quote:

Here are some facts.

Im getting 2 and sometimes 3 shards a run 

On chaos 2 i got 1 chaos 2 shard and 1 normal shard

On chaos 3 i got 2 chaos 3 shards and 1 normal shard

Considering i have the normal shard stuff covered and its panic fire half the time i don't count those.

@Secksi quote:

@Turiangel2014 quote:

This is what dd2 should have been not the early way to easet game it was. This update take your time grind out stuff like stuffy monster said and you can get further each time. This is a suggested action because i took his advice and im doing ok now so he is not lieing. Stay calm and you will make it 

I have better gear than I can reasonably obtain in the game currently other than a few relics which wont make or break my builds. The point is that gear from chaos 3 doesn't gear you to beat chaos 4 and so on. We have gear that is way better than chaos 4 gear and chaos 4 is still near impossible. 

The frustrating part about Campaign / Hard mode is that it's WAAAY to easy to do and is an absolute cake walk compared to Chaos 1 - It doesn't feel like any form of progression or "preparing you for what's to come".

Campaign and farming campaign does not in any way sound exciting when you're 1 hitting everything..... There needs to be a more balanced progression. 

So this thread was never about asking for help progressing, it was just for venting your frustrations? Got it.

Really underlying what you are saying there is a huge curve from hard to chaos 1 which could easily be resolved by range spheres available in campaign. 

I do agree that having to complete chaos 1 to get your first range sphere is a huge oversight. 

I dont think anyone said they are easily beating chaos 3, beating yes, losing about 1/3 of the time yes. Going into chaos 4 and barely getting to round 3 farming some gear upgrades to make the lower tier easier to complete, yes. What you are describing from the campaign hard to chaos 1 I can only compare to what I have started to deal with transitioning from chaos 3 to 4 which is a lot of failing to soak up some gear upgrades from trash.

There are tower combos that people are finding work a lot better to counter chaos 1, there are several posts on the forum telling you to use ramsters and PDTs. You said you are beating chaos 1 now so it sounds like you are slowly progressing.

I'm soloing chaos 2, never seen any range sphere yet and didn't need them.

I use mostly traps + monk aura or sad clouds + bees and Mystic hero DPS. I'm sure I can use PDT or apprentice towers, too.

So far I don't see why people are complaining. I feel like the PDT and glitches meta may have prevented players to think for a too long period of time.

I've seen Chaos III and it seems to be super fun, but I'll need to optimize my build in chaos II before I can even hope to succeed.

@Pegazul quote:

Here are some facts.

That's a huge issue right there. With Spheres we had some control in how we played since we were able to purchase the Spheres we wanted. Now we need to wait until we get what we want/need to progress. Why did they remove any/all control over how we choose to play (shard/passive wise)?

@Secksi quote:

There is no way you cobbled together a dps set in chaos 3 that enables you to down siege engines in chaos 3. 

Uh, did I read this right?  It's impossible to beat chaos 3 without having already beaten chaos 3?  Or did you just mean he couldn't have done it in such a short time?  If there really is this sort of catch 22, the game is broken and should be fixed ASAP.

With my NM4 endgame gear I completed Chaos 4 Dragonfall gates (non trial). The loot I get here is the same or worse than Chaos 1 Trials (armor with stat ranges 277-300). I tried out Chaos 4 because Trial Chaos 1/2/3 is not dropping any useable loot to progress further. This feels wrong.

UPDATE 2/3/16: I finally understand how the lootsystem works. The new loot system is ingenious! Getting the gear I need and so far having a lot of fun finally. Great job Trendy :).

@Donaga quote:

With my NM4 endgame gear I completed Chaos 4 Dragonfall gates (non trial). The loot I get here is the same or worse than Chaos 1 Trials (armor with stat ranges 277-300). I tried out Chaos 4 because Trial Chaos 1/2/3 is not dropping any useable loot to progress further. This feels wrong.

I've been hearing that in the chat as well. 

I beat Chaos 4 trials on a lucky map and still haven't found a gear or shard upgrade that i would want to use :P

I did find the old PDT shard for poison explosion but i doubt it will spread the stacks like it used to and i'm to cheap to bother finding out.

@Pegazul quote:

I beat Chaos 4 trials on a lucky map and still haven't found a gear or shard upgrade that i would want to use :P

I did find the old PDT shard for poison explosion but i doubt it will spread the stacks like it used to and i'm to cheap to bother finding out.

you animal! 

was it from chaos IV that you got it?

also, I think you can just put it in any relic and take it out after trying it, with no cost to you to equip/unequip it.  Unless you mean cheap with regards to time, lol 

@Pachipachio quote:

@Pegazul quote:

you animal! 

also, I think you can just put it in any relic and take it out after trying it, with no cost to you to equip/unequip it.  Unless you mean cheap with regards to time, lol 

Yes it was from chaos 4. 

>_< you made me spend 600k + to max it 

It does 150% of defense damage at max rank .

It does not spread poison(*edit maybe it does its really hard to tell since the range on the explosion is really small). And the range is very small stuff has to be super clumped up.

Seems to do ok dmg once you max upgrade the tower.

Just soloed chaos 1 trial with PDTs only lolz (flashbacks ???) ok ok i lied i had to kill the 3 damn siege rollers manually

PS: to bad PDT is fairly useless past Chaos 3 except for AA

@Pegazul quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

@Pegazul quote:

you animal! 

Yes it was from chaos 4. 

>_< you made me spend 600k + to max it 

It does 150% of defense damage at max rank .

It does not spread poison. And the range is very small stuff has to be super clumped up.

Seems to do ok dmg once you max upgrade the tower.

Just soloed chaos 1 trial with PDTs only lolz (flashbacks ???) ok ok i lied i had to kill the 3 damn siege rollers manually

PS: to bad PDT is fairly useless past Chaos 3 except for AA

At least Huntress has something to deal with air. Apprentice got screwed over with the Fireball change.

That's true but Flamethrower tower is the new meta since its one of the few things immune to cyborgs that can shoot through the bubbles. So apprentice is the new huntress !!

I'm a new 50 as well. I can't seem to figure out how to bridge the gap between Hard and Chaos 1. Even leeching some Chaos 1 runs has provided absolutely zero upgrades. Guys in these runs have towers that seem like they're doing 5x-10x the damage of mine and are doing so-so, but finishing. Any thoughts?

@Andrew D. quote:

I'm a new 50 as well. I can't seem to figure out how to bridge the gap between Hard and Chaos 1. Even leeching some Chaos 1 runs has provided absolutely zero upgrades. Guys in these runs have towers that seem like they're doing 5x-10x the damage of mine and are doing so-so, but finishing. Any thoughts?

Wait for Trendy to clean up the mess.