Sign in to follow this  
Tigorus

Defense Range...WTF?!?!

So what was the point of making Defense Range start at just shy of point blank range? Skyguards are worthless. Are we supposed to go through campaign again to get basic range shards? The Frost Tower behind a wall has the range of just in front of the wall. Was this intended?

Yeah not having defense range as a stat in gear was a heavy blow.  Believe it or not, this was how the game felt like waaaaaaaaaaaay back when we didn't have a range stat at all

Yea, I just went to play the patch...and I appreciate the things they did.....but all of a sudden everything is "point blank" range....so my level 50 heroes are basically useless because I go towers.   There is no way that I can find to fix it either, and I can't gain ascension points to increase range because I can't play the higher levels...so um....what happened to my game? :(  I used to enjoy playing this.

Better yet have you seen the trigger range on Huntress traps?  Some of them aren't even visible around the graphic anymore (plus you can't see the effect range to judge either).

Better off using ANYTHING else at the moment since most enemies in Trials run right past and miss triggering all the time. At least everything else guarantees a hit if something enters the giant effective range.

i agree with this range thing too, it's all pretty worthless, need range sooner, cause your idea of "good enough range" is complete trash. I mean, come on, sniper towers cant even outrange sniper mobs. Mines are like, the size of a babies foot, it's ridiculous x.x

@HaL9001 quote:

@Vetokend quote:

Aren't there defense shards that increase range?

Yep, only Chaos 4 up though.

If this is true I'm pretty much done right now. Are you kidding me? THIS IS A TOWER DEFENSE GAME WHERE THE TOWERS DON'T MATTER?!?!? Man I really try and defend these antics to my friends that have left this game but man you are making it damn near impossible. Why is the ability to increase the range of towers locked behind one difficulty lower than what Trendy considers almost impossible (Chaos 5) via their last dev. stream? I really hope this isn't the case.

Also what's the point of telling us we earn exp. (629K in Campaign Hard) and it doesn't apply to Ascension? What is it you want us to do Trendy? At what point do we earn Ascension? Also if you're going to copy an end game grinding system (Diablo Paragon, Marvel Heroes Infinity System, Etc.) actually do it. 

sometimes I think they really need to test their patches before they release them lol

The range thing basically broke the game for me, gg

@scrblpoez quote:

@stuffymonster quote:

I can't even farm Chaos 1, so my towers are all gimped lol

Try some new towers, your build is probably the issue.

Ramsters are my new favorie tower, currently in chaos 3.

In chaos 1 had good luck with proton beams and flame throwers.

A good melee dps with high health is great for clearing lanes with cleave dmg (im using mystic)

Use a single target burst like gunwitch for sieges

@stuffymonster quote:

@scrblpoez quote:

@stuffymonster quote:

I can't even farm Chaos 1, so my towers are all gimped lol

Try some new towers, your build is probably the issue.

Ramsters are my new favorie tower, currently in chaos 3.

In chaos 1 had good luck with proton beams and flame throwers.

A good melee dps with high health is great for clearing lanes with cleave dmg (im using mystic)

Use a single target burst like gunwitch for sieges

Do any range shards drop below chaos 1?  this is really frustrating - my DPS characters can't even do any damage in chaos 1 lol and my turrets just die because they get hit, because they don't have enough range to fire from behind walls and not get hit by kobolds...  I haven't really played much lately, only really got to like NM1 before this patch.  I also don't have any of the new heroes, so I can't use Ramsters and don't have a gunwitch lol

I honestly don't believe you should be forced to use one of the new characters to do any of the endgame content, that's pretty poor - I'm hoping they balance something to make things playable for people in my position again, my friends and I were just starting to play again and are now dropping it and going to play POE - new league starts next weekend haha

@scrblpoez quote:

sometimes I think they really need to test their patches before they release them lol

The range thing basically broke the game for me, gg

The problem is that it went under test and players gave feedback on it. And not only that but many other things about the update.