Sign in to follow this  
KeKo

A few thoughts on the new inventory screen

I've really only messed around with it for less than 10 minutes now and I already have a few concerns with it. Some of the issues may not actually be an issue after a little while of having your bags organized. Just kinda nitpicking at things.

First I want to say, I love the new design. It looks a lot more friendly and isn't as messy (Once you reorganize everything...)

Some of my issues maybe has a hidden option so I'd love to know if I just missed it!

1) I can't seem to find an option to actually sort each inventory bag. You can filter items to look into all of them but it wont reorganize the items in a bag. You'll have to do all of the work yourself. (I know. Horrible)

2) The filter system could use some work. It's fantastic that it can look for exactly what we want so we don't need to go searching. One thing I would LOVE is a subfilter so if you're looking for your relics you can filter by stat so you know exactly what is the best. At least the main stat. Secondaries may be a bit odd but perhaps they could also change the order so if you need Defense Health even if it is a secondary but it's higher than a different primary then it will still show up higher. Would also be nice if you could also sort by armor type although that would require having 3 filter options (Armor, Stat, Armor Piece) and not be worth the work both the UI and Coding team would have to do. (Edit-- It seems as though all of the defense stat sorting is only for weapons! Maybe a bug?)

3) Moving large amount of items at once. Now this may not be a big issue after your organizing, but it would be nice if we could some how have a way of just dragging and item up to a bag and it will automatically place it in the first open slot and then afterwards we can move it where we want instead of clicking an item, clicking a tab, placing it in a spot, repeat. 

4) Character selection screen. Now I like the design and it looks fantastic, but mechanically it doesn't work as well as the last one imo. Personally I would prefer to see all of my characters and just drag and drop like the old style was instead of having to remember which character I have on each F key and then press the one I need to change. Yes you can swap screens but having to swap screens is not a nice experience. Having an option to change the direction your mouse wheel moves the deck would be nice too if it stays this way!

5) Just moving items. This is a small one and really nitpicky but it would be nice if we could drag and drop items instead of having to click them and then click again to drop. (I don't mean swap it to this but add it as another feature)

6) Comparing relics. Not sure if I'm missing something here but it doesn't seem possible to compare certain relics with other relics. The only time I can get the 2 stat screens to show together is if I have all of the relics filled and then it only shows me the very last relic. Maybe add it so if you have an item picked up you can drag it over another relic to compare those or even have it so if you mouse over a relic, not pick up just mouse over, and hold down or press the corresponding key the defense is on it will compare the relic that you have on that defense..

I think that's all of my thoughts on it so far. I may edit this when I come up with new things! What are your thoughts on the new inventory?

-Edit-

7) Selling more than 1 item. I may be missing something but as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem possible to sell more than 1 item without selling the entire bag. This could be fixed by: A) Allowing this as a possibility or B) using #3's system where you can just drag items into a new bag so you can use that as your trash bin.

I know exactly what you mean about the sorting by stat thing. I searched and searched for that option, and I was kind of bummed when I didn't find it and had to resign myself to manually sorting all the items. Guess I got too attached to the 'sort by iPWR' option from the previous inventory system.

Luckily I only had about 3 bags full of items. I don't want to imagine if I had actually farmed up a ton of relics or other gear.

@KeKo quote:

Some of the issues may not actually be an issue after a little while of having your bags organized. Just kinda nitpicking at things.

Just wait until you spend an hour trying to sort your bags, then go back into your inventory and find everything scattered all over the place again.

This new inventory seriously sucks. It is just awful.

DD2's interface seems even more clunky than I remembered it to be.  For PC gamers who do not like consoles, it is a bit like nails down a blackboard manoeuvring through the interface.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KeKo quote:

Some of the issues may not actually be an issue after a little while of having your bags organized. Just kinda nitpicking at things.

Just wait until you spend an hour trying to sort your bags, then go back into your inventory and find everything scattered all over the place again.

This new inventory seriously sucks. It is just awful.

OMG... sorted for over an hour.  Took a break from sorting, and yea...  all scattered up again.

Someone post when this is fixed.  

Auto collect filters are broken too. My Bag 3 is set to auto collect everything except for shards & pet eggs. My Bag 6 is set to auto collect pet eggs & shards.

All my eggs and shards are going into Bag 3.

Ok.  So, how to explain this.

Make sure to 'activate' all your shards.  If not, that will bork up and scatter your inventory again.

The Filter feature is a really nice addon but why on earth can I not sort armor by type? I'd love to just look at all my helmets at once.

@KeKo quote:

1) I can't seem to find an option to actually sort each inventory bag. You can filter items to look into all of them but it wont reorganize the items in a bag. You'll have to do all of the work yourself. (I know. Horrible)

I came to the forums specifically for this point. I was sitting there thinking "Surely, they couldn't have forgotten an auto-sort button in the inventory for a game that's all about a ton of items dropping, that'd be such a silly mistake!" But I guess they did make that mistake, and now I have to sort everything by hand, like some sort of... goblin, gobu. Now i'll just need to hire a sorting goblin as a temporary workaround!

Also, not being able to sell multiple items like before is somewhat annoying too. I do love the improvements to the auto-inventory stuff, and even to the look of the inventory, but it seems Trendy just missed out on a few Quality of Life things in the inventory.

@tempten quote:

@KeKo quote:

I came to the forums specifically for this point. I was sitting there thinking "Surely, they couldn't have forgotten an auto-sort button in the inventory for a game that's all about a ton of items dropping, that'd be such a silly mistake!" But I guess they did make that mistake, and now I have to sort everything by hand, like some sort of... goblin, gobu. Now i'll just need to hire a sorting goblin as a temporary workaround!

Also, not being able to sell multiple items like before is somewhat annoying too. I do love the improvements to the auto-inventory stuff, and even to the look of the inventory, but it seems Trendy just missed out on a few Quality of Life things in the inventory.

Yeah, I thought for sure I was just missing the sorting. I almost didn't add this but I was hoping someone was going to tell me I was stupid and it's right in front of my face