Sign in to follow this  
Goofio

How will pet bags fit in the new inventory?

My current inventory consists of 17 bags total:

• 16 bags with 32 slots (512 slots)
  • 1 pet bag with 56 slots

I used gems to purchase extra slots in my pet bag.  My total inventory slots right now is 512+56=568.  Is the pet bag separate, and will it have 64 slots?  If so, will I get a refund for the gems I spent on extra pet slots?

good call. hopefully there are pet bags.

Having 200 shards which we may have to hold in inventory, and duplicates could be kinda annoying aswell.

From what the Dev stream showed it looks like pets will be held in the same bags as gear etc.  The max slots for regular bags is 512 + max for pets is another 80 so I hope they factor that into the UI changeover.

In the devstream it looked like pets can be stored in normal bags.  So perhaps the pet bag will be converted into a normal bag with 64 slots?

Pets will be transferred to your new 64 slot bags, adding on with the ones you bought with gems. Pretty sure you won't get a refund.

Math time:

• 16 bags with 64 slots instead of 32 = 1,024 slots
  • 1,024 slots + 64 slot pet bag = 1,088.

In total you would have doubled your original bag size :D

Went from 568 to 1,088.

Correct me if i'm wrong though :D

@Papa.Memerr quote:

Pets will be transferred to your new 64 slot bags, adding on with the ones you bought with gems. Pretty sure you won't get a refund.

Math time:

Went from 568 to 1,088.

wouldn't that be classed as stealing? if people have 16 bags with original pet bags, and people have 16 bags with 2-3 upgrades on there pet bags but they all come out with the same numbers of slots and no refund, isn't that virtual theft or is it classed as "early access" IF your statement is untrue?

The max number of slots now is 592, that's max bags and max pet slots. Divide that by 64 and you get 9.25 64 slot bags, which if what Trendy said is correct you should have 10 64 slot bags in the new update.  Anything less will be disappointing to me considering  the gems spent on bags + gems spent on pet slots + the price of the inventory pack.  I imagine Trendy has all this figured out so I guess we will see on Tuesday...

@In.Session quote:

@Papa.Memerr quote:

Math time:

Went from 568 to 1,088.

wouldn't that be classed as stealing? if people have 16 bags with original pet bags, and people have 16 bags with 2-3 upgrades on there pet bags but they all come out with the same numbers of slots and no refund, isn't that virtual theft or is it classed as "early access" IF your statement is untrue?

Oh I actually didn't think of that. I must've not added in the upgrades on the pet bags. What I was saying was he purchased bags and in total he had 16 regular bags, if those were 32 slotted they would be transferred to 64 slotted bags. Then adding on the pet bag with The Upgrades would equal more that what I calculated. So yeah a refund should be issued then if without upgrades right?

The new system is based on the number of SLOTS you have, not bags. It is very likely that the former pet bag will count as a "free" bag for everyone so get all its slots to everyone for free in the new version.

In the end you will always be a winner in terms of number of slots because they made the formula to round it UP (and never down) in case your number of slots doesn't match exactly. So don't worry.

The thing though is that it means that we will have about twice as less bags (since they are twice as big). Which means that if you had to use a bag for one thing you will have to have bags that do several things at a time. It sounds very dumb said like that but I am ready to bet that when you will be faced with your number of bags you will end up frustrated having so big bags but so few.

I still have fears that I am going to feel robbed come Tuesday, I did the math in my head and have a rough idea of what I 'should' be looking at when I log in to not feel cheated, but we will see I suppose.

I hope you guys posting the formulas are correct xD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124454398?t=19m20s

"And just to go into what happens to kind of your current bag and inventory setup, something that's really nice is that you're either gonna have a 1 to 1 conversion; you know you'll get the same amount of inventory slots that you had before, or honestly you'll get a little bit more. Since now each bag is 64 slots. Uh, you know, if you only had a little bit less than 64 before, it will round up and give you a full extra bag. Um, but in terms of max maximum amount of space, it is the same amount of space as the old inventory and plus the bigger pet bag. Um, so in terms of like the max number of inventory slots you can have, it's still around the same size. We're kind of restricted by profile limitations when it comes to that, but at least now you kind of have like uh, bigger pages of loot that are easier to organize with the new bag options and stuff like that." - Elandrian

You can tell it's faithfully transcripted by the number of "ums" and "uhs."

Also, this is from iamisom talking in the chat while Elandrian was talking about that:

"So with this Inventory change, we're focusing more on bag slots rather than number of bags. So you'll get equal or more space, but the actual number of bags might be lower." - iamisom

Since that's a pretty big chunk of text, let's dissect it down to the important points.

• You will have either the exact same amount of inventory slots, or you will have more slots. Period.
  • The conversion is being done BASED ON SLOTS.
  • The conversion IS NOT being done based on bags.

Ignoring the pet bag, this is how it will work:

Your current total inventory slots will be divided by 64. If you have any remainder whatsoever when calculating that division, you round up to the nearest whole number. That will give you the number of bags you get as well as the new number of slots.

Here are the thresholds where I would go out of my way to buy another bag:
* 64 slots = 1 bag
* 128 slots = 2 bags
* 192 slots = 3 bags
* 256 slots = 4 bags
* 320 slots = 5 bags
* 384 slots = 6 bags
* 448 slots = 7 bags
* 512 slots = 8 bags  

512 slots is the current maximum you can get, so the maximum bags acquired without factoring in the pet bag is 8. If buying a bag will result in your total slots going over any of those thresholds listed above, then definitely buy a bag.

I don't know the max number of pet bag slots you can have, so someone else will have to figure out the final threshold(s). However, just having the regular sized pet bag along with the 512 max will ensure you get a 9th bag (576 slots), even without having a fully maxed pet bag. If a fully maxed pet bag exceeds 64 slots, then the absolute max bags in the new system will be 10 bags (640 slots).

I am pretty sure the pet bag will count as slots and we all gonna get "free" slots thanks to it.

But calmchaos resumed the facts perfectly, nothing to be added :p

@calmchaos quote:

I don't know the max number of pet bag slots you can have, so someone else will have to figure out the final threshold(s). However, just having the regular sized pet bag along with the 512 max will ensure you get a 9th bag (576 slots), even without having a fully maxed pet bag. If a fully maxed pet bag exceeds 64 slots, then the absolute max bags in the new system will be 10 bags (640 slots).

IIRC the maximum size of the pet bag is 8×7 = 56 slots.  I might remember wrong and it was actually 8×6 = 48 slots, but it's definitely strictly more than 32 and strictly less than 64 slots.

@tdb quote:
@calmchaos quote:

IIRC the maximum size of the pet bag is 8×7 = 56 slots.  I might remember wrong and it was actually 8×6 = 48 slots, but it's definitely strictly more than 32 and strictly less than 64 slots.

From what I thought it was in the 50-ish so I guess it's 56.

@tdb quote:
@calmchaos quote:

-snip-

Oh, ok. In that case, then having bought pet bag slots only really matters if you don't also have the 512 regular slots. If you're at 512 already, then it doesn't change anything, but if you're not then it can push you over.

At least we now know that the bag cap after the update is 9, but I wonder if new players will be able to buy up to 9 (assuming the Inventory Pack still exists or assuming that it's not necessary to hit the cap anymore) or if the 9th is a direct result of being over 512 when the conversion takes place and can't be acquired normally.

Huh, it appears I do have an option to buy more pet slots, but the button is at the petrinarian so I didn't see it at first.  I could've sworn I bought max slots back when the upgradeable pet bag was initially introduced, and I have seven rows.  Has it been increased since then or do I just misremember?

Anyway, with that being the case it appears that I should buy two additional rows, which should get me a whole additional extra bag when the upgrade comes.  I'd then have 12×32 normal slots plus 9×8 pet slots for a total of 426 slots, which is 7.125 new bags.  Rounding up it's 8 bags.

Just to confirm:  Pet bag slots were taken into consideration with the Inventory revamp conversion. You should receive equal to more than the current number of slots you have available now based on multiples of 64. 

Hopefully there will be some sort of sorting at conversion?

Medalions with medalions, totems with totems, pets grouped etc.

[[4370,users]] Do the bags sort by main stat now seeing as IPWR is gone?

@iamisom quote:

Just to confirm:  Pet bag slots were taken into consideration with the Inventory revamp conversion. You should receive equal to more than the current number of slots you have available now based on multiples of 64. 

So if you have 11 bags + the pet bag (which is 40 slots), you'll end up with 7 bags of 64. Correct?

6 of 64 based on 12 bags, then another bag thanks to the pet bag having a remaining 8 slots?

@In.Session quote:

@Papa.Memerr quote:

Math time:

Went from 568 to 1,088.

No, that's not stealing. By that ridiculous logic when games like EverQuest went F2P they "stole" from everyone who paid for the game for all those years before it went F2P. That is such an absurd interpretation of theft that I can't believe anyone would honestly think that. Nothing is being taken away from you. Where is the "theft" if nothing is being taken away?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

No, that's not stealing. By that ridiculous logic when games like EverQuest went F2P they "stole" from everyone who paid for the game for all those years before it went F2P. That is such an absurd interpretation of theft that I can't believe anyone would honestly think that. Nothing is being taken away from you. Where is the "theft" if nothing is being taken away?

I'm not a logical person. If something seems sketchy or unfair I call it out for what it is. If someone removed money from your bank account for no reason, i guess that wouldn't be classed as theft. A game transitioning from p2p to f2p is a little different. Otherwise I would also complain about being a council member right?

So if someone put $100 in your bank account and $200 in your friend's account, did he just steal from you?