Sign in to follow this  
Hom-Sha-Bom

Water themed hero

I need help with some names. Some of the effects I don't think are unique enough, if you have any ideas post them below.

I was thinking of a new water-themed Pirate Ninja hero as the Yin to Lavamancer's Yang.

Weapons

• Primary - Kitanas (light & medium melee weapons) and Cutlasses (medium & heavy melee weapons)
  • Secondary - Old Timey Piratey Flintlock Pistols (faster lighter damage shots) & Hand Cannons (slower harder hitting shots)
Both weapon types are weapon drops that need to be farmed and upgraded, like how Squire has swords & shields, this hero would have swords and flintlock pistols.

Abilities

Ability 1 - ??? - A teleportation/AoE damaging ability that reflects the water themed ninja aspect of the hero. It's a point-based targeted ability like Oil Flask. When activated, he turns into a puddle and emerges from a puddle dealing AoE damage in the target location. Water splashes onto enemies at the start and end points of the teleport, drenching them. The type of AoE damage would be based on the type of weapon equipped (see Ability 3), or whatever damage type his equipped sword has, if no special weapons have been picked up. Special weapons are consumed after using this ability if any enemies are hit by it.
  • Shard 1 - Smoke Bomb - Creates a cloud of smoke in the area that prevents ranged enemies from attacking. Lasts for X seconds (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - ??? - Deals X% more damage & enemies drenched by this ability are slowed by Y%. (X and Y are upgradable)

Ability 2 - Kaginawa - Long cooldown high single target damage - Hurls a Kaginawa at an enemy, dealing damage and pulling the target into melee range. (Against Ogres and Siege Rollers, it pulls him towards the target, everything else gets pulled towards the Ninja/Pirate, can be used to pull enemies away from attacking blockades and other towers, to pull enemies into range of other defenses, or to burst down high priority targets)
  • Shard 1 - ??? - Reduces cooldown by X% (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - Envenomed Kaginawa - Deals X damage per second for 5s. (X is upgradable)

Ability 3 - Aquatic Arsenal - The Ninja Pirate is capable of using billfish as martial weapons (I know sawfish and hammerheads are not billfish, but swordfish are, so shut up). Activating it summons a temporary special weapon that overrides the equipped sword.
Swordfish - Light melee weapon that deals 20% bonus damage (Causes Ability 1 to deal poison damage over time)

4AbWwUw.png

Sawfish - Medium melee weapon that deals 25% bonus damage (Causes Ability 1 to deal normal hero damage, but maims enemies, further slowing their movement speed)

latest?cb=20131015122248

Hammerhead - Heavy melee weapon that deals 30% bonus damage (Causes Ability 1 to deal crushing damage, can combo on frozen enemies to shatter them)

bj0jFbA.png

*Electric Eel - Medium melee weapon that deals 35% bonus damage as storm damage (Causes Ability 1 to deal storm damage, can combo on with drenched enemies to electrocute) - Not available by default, Electric Eel shard is required.
  • Shard 1 - Electric Eel- Gives the Aquatic Arsenal X% chance to produce an Electric Eel special weapon. (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - Rapid Spawning - Reduces cooldown by X%. (X is upgradable)

Ability 4 - Mist Form - turns into mist, increasing his movement speed and making him temporarily untargetable, but also not able to deal damage, for a short duration. Regenerates some percentage of his health while in mist form.
  • Shard 1 - Extended Transformation - Increases duration of Mist Form by X%. (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - Unhindered Mist - Allows optional flying while in mist form by pressing jump while in the air, increases movement speed by X%. X is upgradable.

Defenses

Defense 1 - Octopus Blockade - 50 DU - A big meaty octopus wall. It would be able to do 8 melee attacks in quick succession (once for each tentacle) but then have a longer cooldown between attacks (think like how Dryad's Harpy lands several strikes quickly with a longer cooldown between). The advantage of this blockade is that if only 1 or 2 enemies reaches it, it could assist in killing them quickly with 8 successive attacks. But if a lot of enemies make it to the Blockade, it's not going to be able contribute a ton of damage due to the long cooldown between attacks.
  • Shard 1 - Ink Spray - Octopus sprays ink when it attacks, oiling enemies in an AoE (Upgrading it increases the potency of the ignite combo that can be triggered with fire damage)
  • Shard 2 - Leeching Tentacles - Each melee attack landed on an enemy restores X health the Octopus (X is upgradable)

Defense 2 - Starfish Shuriken - 30 DU - To separate it from basic towers it would have a slightly different firing mechanism. Each shot would shoot 3 Starfish Shurikens in a horizontal cone spread. The center one would be aimed at the main target, the other 2 would fire to the left and right of the main target. As a result, to a single target at a distance the damage would be weakened. But against crowds of enemies the extra shurikens would inevitably hit secondary and tertiary targets to increase the total damage output. Against large enemies like Ogres at a very close range, all 3 would be able to hit the target. It would be strong, average, or weak, situationally.

Depiction of projectile spread (Middle Gobu is being targeted. Far left and far right Gobus take incidental damage because they just happen to be in the path of side projectiles, 2nd from left and 2nd from right Gobus take no damage)

RHUn5ki.png

• Shard 1 - Piercing Stars - Starfish Shuriken pierce through X enemies. Pierced enemies are drenched. (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - Swift Strikes - X% of Defense Speed is added to Defense Crit Damage (Speed + Crit build sounds fun) (X is upgradable) 

Defense 3 - Net Launcher - 30/40 DU - A pure CC defense. The placement of it would be like placing a 2 node reflect wall, and it would launch a net perpendicular to the nodes. It would ensnare enemies in an aoe to trap them in place so you can beat on them.
  • Shard 1 - Fatal Snares - Heroes deal X% bonus damage to trapped enemies (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - Drenching Snares - Enemies are drenched for the duration of the net. Increases duration by X% (X is upgradable)

Defense 4 - Water Gun? - 20 DU - Has low agro and 360º firing arc and fires continuously like a Flamethrower, but deals single target damage. Can target flying enemies. Drenches enemies.
  • Shard 1 - Pressurized Pump - Higher pressure (Defense Power) forces water out at a faster rate (Defense Speed), causing it to project farther out (Defense Range) - X% of Defense Power is added to Defense Speed and Defense Range (X is upgradable)
  • Shard 2 - Water Cannon - X% chance to spray a large burst of water that deals AoE damage and drenches all enemies in the area. (X is upgradable)

This actually sounds like a hero I'd love to play. 

However, his Mist Form would need to make him non-targetable rather than invincible. It'd serve the same purpose, except that you can't use him as an unkillable blockade anymore. He'd still be susceptible to AoE attacks as non-targetable, so something like an Ogre can rip him a new one if he decides to stand in the way.

@calmchaos quote:

However, his Mist Form would need to make him non-targetable rather than invincible. It'd serve the same purpose, except that you can't use him as an unkillable blockade anymore. He'd still be susceptible to AoE attacks as non-targetable, so something like an Ogre can rip him a new one if he decides to stand in the way.

That's why I give it a short duration, I was thinking no more than a few seconds. I thought that would take care of the unkillable blockade problem.

I changed it to say untargetable.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@calmchaos quote:

That's why I give it a short duration, I was thinking no more than a few seconds.

Ah, ok. That probably slipped my mind after looking over the shuriken tower. The shuriken tower just sounds like so much fun to find good positions for.

Although now that I think about it, it'd be really cool if enemy collision detection was turned off for the duration since it is his "Mist" Form.

I would love to see this implemented into the real game. It would be amazing to see a water type hero that could drown those pesky little goblins, gobu. Everything really matches and is put together well and I'm surprised that you thought of something so eloquent. Get Trendy to see this please! 

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Papa.Memerr quote:

I'm surprised that you thought of something so eloquent.

#burn

LOL, I Actually didn't even think of that being a roast. I was just saying that others really don't put their time in these threads as much as you did. So in that case it was eloquent.