Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

Update 4 items - egyptian theme!

Hi everyone!

With CDT update 3 in the final stages, we are currently ramping up the process in exploring what we want to do with update 4 items. The theme is going to be egyptian-based - this is kind of similar to Moraggo, but with a few differences. Moraggo has more of a generic middle-eastern vibe while we're hoping to focus more on the egyptian side of it. Here's what this means for you:

• If there's a moraggo item that you really like how it looks and has become obsolete, let us know! We can discuss retexturing it and releasing it as a new item.
  • If there are any egyptian-themed puns or creative names that you'd like to see on a weapon, we are totally open to them!
  • If you have concept art for a new weapon, pet, or accessory, post it here! Many of the items pushed out by the CDT have been based on concept art from the community. Please continue doing so!

We are also open to weapon mechanics that you'd like to see. Please understand though that the CDT works within certain limitations, and not all ideas can be implemented.

Let's see what you guys have got!

Can we please have core drops that are map specific in this new patch just like the marrago bloodshot's or sand sabres. They are so nice for farming a specific look for your character.

I will draw up some concept art by hand for you guys.

Plenty of Moraggo weps are "obsolete" as far as end game is concerned.
Some re-vamps and re-use of a few models listed below which I'd personally consider:

That's from Moraggo, BUT, CiTC is also desert themed. So from CiTC, I'd recommend considering these:

Some more concept suggestions:

Also, what we need is some more CRYSTAL & CHARACTER SKINS! There no skins added by CDT, yet. So update 4 might be a good chance to consider some sort of Egyptian themed Crystal Skin and Character Skins as well. Which brings me to my final suggestion, a character skin for Countess or Jester, these two barely have any character skins.

@Black Mamba quote:

Plenty of Moraggo weps are "obsolete" as far as end game is concerned.
Some re-vamps and re-use of a few models listed below which I'd personally consider:

That's from Moraggo, BUT, CiTC is also desert themed. So from CiTC, I'd recommend considering these:

Some more concept suggestions:

• How about a Monk Weapon like this(*click*) with just a single projectile based on this(*click*).
  • One full Accessory Set resembling Anubis or Tefnut.

Also, what we need is some more CRYSTAL & CHARACTER SKINS! There no skins added by CDT, yet. So update 4 might be a good chance to consider some sort of Egyptian themed Crystal Skin and Character Skins as well. Which brings me to my final suggestion, a character skin for Countess or Jester, these two barely have any character skins.

Hero skins is something that we really want to implement but it is something that we are faced with some technical challenges on. We are still trying to get them included for future updates though

@Black Mamba quote:

I have been trying for over a year get modified meshes to work with existing animations, and every effort/avenue that I've tried has unfortunately not worked yet. The current tools that we have available, combined with how old the engine we're working on is, has not been the most ideal experience to continue developing the game. But, we make do with what we have!

If we do get them to work, not only would we get more skins, but we'd be able to utilize DDE's bodygroups. This means for example the jester could comfortably wear a santa hat around her ears instead of having a tiny santa hat plopped on top of her jester hat. Apprentice could wear other hats other than his oversized wizard hat, etc. (fun side fact, the apprentice has red hair and blue eyes!)

We've exhausted all options except for two in getting new models to work with old animations. Option 1 is to get the original model/mesh from Trendy's archives, but I don't know if they know where the original models are and it's not like they've exactly had the time with the massive DD2 patch they're pushing out next week. Option 2 is to sit down with someone like javahawk and spend a couple hours with him to figure out exactly what the issue is getting modified meshes to play nicely with existing animations. Again, since Trendy resources are spread pretty thin, it will likely take some time to get that.

Another advantage we'd have is we'd be able to drastically improve the performance of DD1 when there are a lot of ogres present. When Trendy originally released DD1, they did not anticipate having more than 1 ogre in play, so no optimizations were done to it. Once we're able to modify meshes, we can apply those optimizations, which would provide a substantial performance increase during the heat of battle (when performance is most important!).

I'll talk with Acen to see if we can explore our last two options with Trendy after the dust has settled with DD2's endgame update. If we are able to make it work, you have no idea how happy I'd be.

Seriously.

[[55236,users]] & [[31834,users]] -- Ahhh, didn't know about the technical limitations regarding character skins. Makes perfect sense why CDT hasn't been able to include them, yet. Oh well... hopefully that can be achieved at some point later on. No big deal.

What about Crystal skins? Does that suffer with the same limitations as Character skins?

We can technically do material swaps, but the main limitation there is colorization. Every costume has 3 different colors to customize, so basically we can change the areas that can and can't be colored and that's about it.

Accessories -

Mummy's Mask - mask skinned to look like wrappings. Tag line - Are you my mummy? / Kept under wraps / All tied up

Tut's Face / Headdress - http://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/135/flashcards/420135/png/gold_mask_1336271015486.png

Nefertiti's Tiara

Eye of Ra - Tag line - As bright as the Sun

Mask of Anubis - black wolf mask...... dunno..... needs to be more jackal, and less wolf

Weapons -

Crocodile sword - take the chainsaw sword and alter is a little to look more like a croc. Also green

Divine scepter - needs an Ankh on top. Tag line - Ankh you very much

Tag line - not totally sure how these could apply, but let's start thinking

Not part of a pyramid scheme

Written in hero-glyphics

Eh. Enough for now. :)

(and yes, I started off by googling Ancient Egypt Puns)

My weapon Concept

The Lunar Khopesh

we already have a sun themed weapon but a moon themed one would be amazing i have based this disign off a historic weapon type. The Khopesh or Sickle Sword is a weapon that is curved at the end but still maintains a straight like from point to point if followed properly. So to continue on the moon theme this weapon also has the ability to fire 5 projectiles (+4) in the shape of a half moon much resembling it's curved blade. It has the effect of the sandstone hammer from uber death from above (particle trail of sand) making this item look old and worn by time. To resemble this the blade is a dull silver with a worn appearance. This weapon could be a core drop and or a reward for finishing the map.

The Moon Sabre

The twin sword to the one listed above it is the exact same model except following a more golden and bright silver theme as this is in it's true glory. Not worn by time this sword still fires a half moon of projectiles in the same deep blue and yellow color that the Lunar Khopesh does. 

(if you only wish to make one stick with the lunar Khopesh that i talked about first as the moon sabre is just a cool idea i had for if you wanted a second item for core drops on survival)

b903f0facd.png

Any questions feel free to message me hope you like my idea for a sword in this next patch.

Keep up the great work guys wish you all the best.

Atherial

Had another suggestion:

Mythical Backstabber is a fun weapon to use. Has a decent color and in essence its a "negative drawScale Katana(for those of you who have used DDDK!)".
CDT could think of ways to re-use it as a melee weapon in this update. Kinda resembles a nice side-blade an Egyptian Warrior would carry.
In its current state its pointless to use once you've reached level 78, becasue some Trans swords out DPS it.
Do consider making Mythical Backstabber Great Again! :D

I was going to suggest an idea for an accessory but Plane beat me to it.  I would like to suggest an idea for a monk weapon, though.  I think this weapon skin is already in-game (please correct me if I am wrong), but I have never seen any actually used by players.  Here is a picture of what the weapon would look like

I think this would be fitting most for a monk. Just an idea.  I am probably late to the party, but it would be so cool if this weapon could make a return (or original appearance if it is not already in-game like I thought)

I also +1 Dave's idea for 'eye or rah' type accessory.  I think there needs to be more face accessories in game that do not cover the entire face.  No real reason behind it other than having fun with outfits.

Looks like the image of the weapon didn't show up in post.  I also can't get imgur to upload these either, but here are two links to the weapons

https://ibb.co/eGeDQa

https://ibb.co/djqyrF

Would it be possible to apply an area-of-effect thing like the Mischief Maker that stays on an enemy instead of a location? A weapon that launches a swarm of insects would be positively hilarious.

I don't even care how much damage it does, I'd use the hell out of that.

Hi everybody

I have an idea for a new enemi :

- It would be something like a fakir who could be able to disable physical defenses for a short time (Like 5 to 10 sec) if he wasn't attacked.
- He could be on a flying carpet that make he flyes at the altitude of the squire head.
- He could not attack the crystals.
- After death, he exploses dealing some dmg to every hero and defenses around (not a lot).

As i said, it's just an idea, and all comment would be appreciate.

Have a good day and thank you to make live this game.

*Here is a draw to let you see what I imagine : TDt5Nhm.jpg

Yep, but this stuff isn't coming out quite yet.

A pet like this would be cool:

yCprf3S.png

It would have high knockback and slow enemies down. It could also heal defenses while attacking the enemy. The max stat could be probably 600 as well, with a capping damage being something around the demons max. Whenever it heals a defense it takes up mana as well, however it takes no mana to hit an enemy.

[[169472,users]] is that model ripped from somewhere, or is it an original creation of yours?