What deck are you starting with on patch day?

I am going:

Mystic : Obelisk build with hero health gear - active play dropping flame thrower

Dryad: tree walls/hornets

Monk: boost/anti air

EV: proton beams

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squire waller/tank flamethrower.
  • Monk builder/DPS
  • Monk DPS/random (for handling multi bosses)
  • Apprentice builder. -swap in support DPS Monk

If I have to choose between builder/hero Ascension points I will continue with builders and dps on separate heroes.

Original 4 only baby!

Hunress all the way.. gotta see how bad they nerfed the PDT... thats if we even get the shard to begin with... tho im guessing it will be one of those locked shards that stays on Toxic Shock... gonna miss my near perfect Toxic.. oh well

Other then that.. i dunno i was really enjoying Monk DPS... but ill choose on the day i guess... i need to see all the talents maybe a good sample of the new shards before i set myself into a new play style..

Gunwitch, Lavamancer, Dryad, Mystic

Very tempted with Mr. Monk to see what the new Flame Aura does.

It highly depends on the shards we get, I'd love to use the original 4, but if the shards i get initially dont support that I'll mix things up.

Slot 1: Emoji_Huntress.png (the green goblin huntress, gobu)

Slot 2: Emoji_Goblin.png (if possible a meele shield goblin)

Slot 3: Emoji_Kobalt.png (a range goblin)

Slot 4: goblin.png (a builder goblin for siege weapons)

This is the standart formation of the legion, gobu. In this case goblin girl will be the leader of this raid defender party.

I'm probably going to delete all my heroes on release day and play through the game from the bottom up just to see how progression is like with the new gearing system.

I foresee myself using Apprentice, Monk, Ev and Squire for building and Dryad for DPS, though.

For me i'm gonna try
Summoner for walls
Dryad hornets, slimes harpy
Mystic slow traps + singeltarget damage tower

and maybe boost auras from monk

My expectation is that we may not have ANY of the current "meta" sphere/weapon effects right away so I'm gonna say that its going to be a focus on basic towers that fill the currently sphere reliant rolls.

Instead of PDT doing EVERYTHING we will need a mix of single target and AOE damage on each lane. 

Squire harpoons give some group clear, even without splodey-poons.

Abyss Lord Ramsters have meh dps right now but may be more relevant compared to other towers without their spheres.

Mystic can provide some single target with sand viper.

Trap piles were once the main strategy for clearing into nm4.  They may see a temporary return, especially with the Mystic's snaking sands adding a slow to the pile and monk's fire aura possibly being more damaging.

ill start with all of them in the private tavern to do DPS tests and gear consolidation. Then ill go from there.

@Pegazul quote:

ill start with all of them in the private tavern to do DPS tests and gear consolidation. Then ill go from there.

Doing same before spending any acension levels

Probably Squire, Huntress, Gunwitch, and either Apprentice (which I haven't even created yet), or a Monk.

A lot of it depends on the new bosses and what the patch notes say they are rebalancing. I am suspecting/hoping that Big Bad Bosses (rollers and such) will be a serious threat that can't be DPSed in just a couple of seconds, and plan on using extreme range towers and/or close ones that cannot be damaged (ie Viper and Ballistae for extreme range, Proton Beam and bees for in close). I am pretty sure we will still have dedicated builders and a dedicated DPS chars, so I will go with a build deck and a play deck:

Build deck:

Dryad walls, Dryad bees, EV Proton Beam, Monk Boost, Mystic Viper, Active Mystic Obelisk, EV Weapon Manufacturer (if points allow)

Play Deck:

HD GW, EV2, Active Mystic Obelisk, Dryad Waller for emergencies

Potentially a Direct Command Abyss Lord too - being able to throw down an archer or ram and use those powers fully while still being able to do decent Abyss Stone DPS numbers will be fun and could be pretty effective too. That could replace the Dryad Waller, and if a lane starts getting overrun just plop down the Colossus and some Orcs in range of the tree buffs.

I think I will go with active Mystic and add whatever defense tower that feels effective.

Probably going for SA+Ballista for AoE, and Mystic walls + Viper for single damage and CC.

@TMTrainer quote:

I'm probably going to delete all my heroes on release day and play through the game from the bottom up just to see how progression is like with the new gearing system.

I have actually been thinking about doing this well.

Really does depend on what shards I have available to me but I'd love to have some dryad/mystic happening, both dps and builder. Original 4 will always be my babes though <3

Entirely depends on patch day but I'm aiming for the following

Slot 1 - App - Tower DPS

Slot 2 - Squire / Dryad - Walls / DPS depending on setup

Slot 3 - EV2 - Tower DPS

Slot 4 - Gunwitch - Hero DPS.

I like how people are mentioning Tower Dps/Hero Dps.. really they dont really exist any more after this patch....

Since you can have both in the one character now ;)... but there will be differences based on how you want each tower instead... so one Squire might have long range exploding harpoons but a second might be really fast ones ;)

@LJMjollnir quote:

I like how people are mentioning Tower Dps/Hero Dps.. really they dont really exist any more after this patch....

Since you can have both in the one character now ;)... but there will be differences based on how you want each tower instead... so one Squire might have long range exploding harpoons but a second might be really fast ones ;)

With ascension powers and pet stats, it is suspected that there will still be advantages to specialize for a specific tower or DPS type. You can also make longer range/tankier/etc versions of the same tower or DPS build like you said.

It doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as it is now, but if you look at the dev streams some ascension powers will boost specific towers or abilities. And pets are getting "A handful of balance changes, otherwise the same… for now!", so you still likely will have 700 stat points from that which will have to pick what stats you want

Ascension powers appear to go up to hundreds of levels for just one power, so it will take a while until someone can max out all the powers in a single char. Maybe much later someone will get to max AscLvls and pets will get changed, but don't plan on it next week