(Souls of Night and wayfarer) should I be spending souls of Night before 28th?

As we

A. Don't know how much the best will cost

B. How difficulties will change

C. How many will drop in the new tiers

I'd say it's a no brainer to store a couple of hundred up.

That's unless they gate the highest ones behind a specific ascension level, I know I would.

@Fozzie quote:

As we

A. Don't know how much the best will cost

B. How difficulties will change

C. How many will drop in the new tiers

I'd say it's a no brainer to store a couple of hundred up.

That's unless they gate the highest ones behind a specific ascension level, I know I would.

Terraria Weapons and Wayfarer

• The weapons are still in the game, but the way you acquire them is something we’re still discussing.

I'd say they are making sure you can't just buy the best weapon in the game for something you farmed previously.

• All Terraria maps now drop Souls of Chaos.
  • Souls of night can only be used to purchase weapons up to a set ipwr.
  • Souls of Chaos can be used to purchase all ipwr weapons.

or

Like Fozzie suggested

• Terraria weapons of a set ipwr require XXX Ascension levels to be equipped or purchased.

Problem solved^^

I'd say buy 2 -4 of your fav ones. These will give you a bit of an ipwr boost to start out in Chaos. After that, save em up.

Remember that the The Terraria weapons will have their unique passive shard bound to them & we will not be able to take them off. However, we should be able to upgrade the shard on them :-)

Rest assured that the Wayfarer is still going to be in the next patch, selling Terraria weapons for Souls of Night. Beyond that I don't know what to say. 

Terraria Weapons and Wayfarer

• The weapons are still in the game, but the way you acquire them is something we’re still discussing.

The souls of night might be used for something else other than the weapons in this new patch. As they wont make it so you can buy the most OP weapon with souls of night if you already farmed them. They'll make it more difficult. So i'd say its your choice to spend them or not as they wont be used for really anything in next patch unless the weapon scales to the new update with better stats then cool that would be useful. If not then it's not worth it to waste the souls of night if they will be put into the game in a much different way than this patch's way.

@gigazelle quote:

Rest assured that the Wayfarer is still going to be in the next patch, selling Terraria weapons for Souls of Night. Beyond that I don't know what to say.