Sign in to follow this  
TUSM

About Shards.

In regards to shards (bars), will there be varying levels of shards, or will every shard be fully maxable guaranteed? For example, say, Hearty Blockade, which maxes at 40%. Are some shards going to be of lower quality so they can only go up to, say 30%? Or, if you get a Hearty Blockade shard, it is guaranteed to go to the 40% max? If this information isn't available yet, then oh well.

That's interesting actually, so far I think players have said it looked like they go up to level 8, but obviously we haven't seen all the shards yet, there's so god-damn many!
Would be cool to have legendary shards that can only be upgraded 3 or 4 times but the increases go up more per upgrade. I guess this would give the system a bit more depth.

I am kind of thinking there'll be common shards that you can find easily and then specialized shards that you have to do something fairly major to get. We know there are different tiers of Chaos so I'd expect certain higher level shards from say large and uber spheres will be gated behind these higher difficulties.

Seems to make sense? 

@Fozzie quote:

I am kind of thinking there'll be common shards that you can find easily and then specialized shards that you have to do something fairly major to get. We know there are different tiers of Chaos so I'd expect certain higher level shards from say large and uber spheres will be gated behind these higher difficulties.

Seems to make sense? 

Haha I agree, makes sense ;)
I like the idea of different rarities of shards, especially when Trendy start bringing out new ones in future updates. Should be some cool new ideas and synergies that we haven't even thought of yet
#hype

@Fozzie quote:

Now I'm wondering if there will be stage specific, or even enemy specific shards.

watch devs 70 DD2 on youtube and you will see that they are removing all pasives and spheres. it's only def, health,power,def.cri. chance,speed and range no kind of passives of any kind

@Mikeb41672 quote:

watch devs 70 DD2 on youtube and you will see that they are removing all pasives and spheres. it's only def, health,power,def.cri. chance,speed and range no kind of passives of any kind

They're being moved, not removed. Every passive that currently drops on gear will instead be a shard that you can decide on which gear you want to place it. This shifts the RNG for loot from trying to roll multiple perfect stats, to just RNG giving you the specific combination of shards you want. Then you just grind them up to their max level. Gearing is going to be much smoother in this next update.

@Mikeb41672 quote:

What are you trying to say? I don't quite understand. Are you talking about the relics or the shards? Relics equip on hero towers. Shards equip on relics. There are a variety of relics.

@TUSM quote:

In regards to shards (bars), will there be varying levels of shards, or will every shard be fully maxable guaranteed? For example, say, Hearty Blockade, which maxes at 40%. Are some shards going to be of lower quality so they can only go up to, say 30%? Or, if you get a Hearty Blockade shard, it is guaranteed to go to the 40% max? If this information isn't available yet, then oh well.

This would be interesting to find out, I currently have the 40% version, so I'd hope I get to keep it at 40% rather than having it drop to a lower point and have to be leveled up. That said having the ability to level up say a 25% > 40% would be really nice for people without a 40% one.

under hero/defense of armor and weapons there are passives that say like squire hearty blockade 28%  those are no longer going to be on there but on shards only 

Summary of the Shards system:

• Goodbye Passives and Skill Spheres; hello Shards!

• Shards are gemlike artifacts that slot into your Defenses, Armor and Weapons

• Shards give you extra buffs, bonuses and sometimes even new functionality

• Shards are found as loot drops separate from your other gear

• Shards are upgradeable

• Most Shards can be moved between gear. No more leaving your Passives behind when you find an iPWR upgrade!

• Defenses can hold up to 3 Shards and can only equip Defense Shards

• Armor and Weapons can hold up to 2 Shards and can only equip Hero Shards

• When you login, you’ll be given Shards to help you on your journey into Chaos, and depending on how many Skill Spheres you’ve purchased, you’ll be given a ton of gold (which you might think you have enough now, but you’ll need all the gold you can get for upgrading Shards)

Also those who like a challenge read all of this esp. second line

Summary of New Enemies:

• Five new enemies with more to come!

• Enemies have both tower defense and hero solutions

• We’re waiting on our other scouts to return for more information on the other enemies...

• One new enemy will be introduced per Chaos tier; each Chaos tier contains the previous enemies plus a new foe unless otherwise stated in the difficulty description

@TUSM quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Now I'm wondering if there will be stage specific, or even enemy specific shards.

Boss-specific shards could be a really cool idea, I like having to go to certain maps to farm certain things. At first I feared that would be slightly lost by removing passives from weapons and armour we'd usually farm, but hopefully the current incoming shards are roughly assigned to maps, or at least the rarer ones :)