Sign in to follow this  
snfubar

any plans for onslaught?

is there any plans on making onslaught another option for gearing out or no? and i do mean by getting the best gear not just random gear. just wondering

It's being removed in the next update, and they're planning a revamp for it in the future.

"Onslaught

• Onslaught is finally taking the rest we’ve been talking about. In the future, we have plans for an Onslaught revamp or a new system to take its place. It shall be reborn!"

@snfubar quote:

so no point for me to come back that sucks, im not a big fan of the other game modes. oh well cant win them all

yep because the amount of waves on a map is the single most important aspect of the game^^ 

But seriously, watch the stream tomorrow or the VoD if you cant make it. It they will be playing the update so you can make a slightly more informed decision rather then a knee jerk reaction to "they took my onslaught away".

What is onslaught?  Is it that game mode where you build stuff, up everything in a couple wave, and then afk the next 100 waves?

@sgof quote:

What is onslaught?  Is it that game mode where you build stuff, up everything in a couple wave, and then afk the next 100 waves?

Yeah that's it. Just hope you weren't trolling.

Onslaught is getting removed from DD2 and will be added back later but a more revamped version.

As said here..

Onslaught

• Onslaught is finally taking the rest we’ve been talking about. In the future, we have plans for an Onslaught revamp or a new system to take its place. It shall be reborn!

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/142823/trials-report-4-release-date <- Source.

@Papa.Memerr quote:

Onslaught is getting removed from DD2 and will be added back later but a more revamped version.

To be clear, either Onslaught will return, or we'll make a new system to take its place. 

Sorry. I was trolling. :)

I thought DD1's 4 hour survival sessions were bad.  This onslaught took it to another level.  Anyways, what ever Trendy does next, I hope they keep it to about an hour.  It's hard to keep the focus on the game beyond that.  (Well, much less for me, but...)

They should just make a survival like in DD1 with unlimited waves and a real scaling (not like Onslaught and a so little scaling that is insignificant). Some people just want to test their limits, and onslaught was way too easy for that. Enemies on wave 20 should be at least 2 times stronger than enemies on wave 10. Make something like like each 10 waves, enemies become 2 times stronger and with a higher ratio strong enemies/trash mobs. In other words, #MakeSurvivalGreatAgain