Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

The Defender Forge!

Every new streamer I watch streaming DD2 spends at least 20 mins trying to work out what the Forge is.... 

Stuff like this is bad for the game.  The Vet. community that know it serves no purpose just ignore it, Dev's forget about it because no one complains and new players get confused or frustrated by it. This is just one example of the kind of polish that is going to slow the growth of the game down if ignored for to long. 

Frankly the Defender Forge should have been removed in the Campaign revamp (assuming there are no plans to use it), likewise the end of map vote and social/multiplayer systems should have been fixed (though I know this is a tricky job). 

My suggestion: 

Remove the Forge or make it serve a purpose.

Address long term minor details that confuse new players.

I agree myself, I really don't see a purpose of having it if you can just do the same things you can in that in your inventory. Like arrange stuff, equip, sell. Like you said they could also just implement it so where it could actually have a use, maybe be an upgrader somehow so you can upgrade gear faster with gold or medals.

Necro. Purely thought of this again due to the release date. This is a confusing item in the game that serves no purpose. 

Its a great example of needless confusion to new players, not a good impression maker.

Re-purpose the forge! Bring back the enchanter and use the forge to further enhance gear!  Use it to break gear passed upgrade break points by finding some sort of collectible.  This is something similar to what they did in Marvel Heroes.  Instead of finding a new gear every time harder content came out have them find items to burst the item up the the tier.  This way once you find the absolute best piece, you don't have to throw it away instantly when new content comes out.  But this should probably be more toward the end once there are no more chaos levels to be released.  When we have reached the pinnacle of the best gear we can find from drops.  Or not.