Sign in to follow this  
chakratos

DunDefPlanner - Finally we can share our builds!

The next update went live!

Now we have a super cool filter tool at the top of the page (Mainly for the future as there aren't that many builds live yet^^)
There is a new option for the Difficulty "Any"
Added the 2 new Maps "Temple of Water" and "Challenge Temple of Polybius"
And 2 full days of Bug fixing and rewriting code, the site should be waaaaay more stable right now :)

And as usual, let me know what you like and dislike :)

Possible alternate suggestions for the captions:

I knew i've lost some on my way to the tavern.

To -- I knew I've lost some on my way to the Tavern!

Save the eternia shards!

To -- Retrieve the Eternia Shards from the clutches of Evil!

Only for the ones who wanna test their skills!

To -- For the Seasoned Defenders willing to test their might!

Any ETA as to when you're implementing the beams to be drag-able? That's pretty much what is missing from the planner. :-)

@Black Mamba quote:

Possible alternate suggestions for the captions:

I knew i've lost some on my way to the tavern.

To -- I knew I've lost some on my way to the Tavern!

Save the eternia shards!

To -- Retrieve the Eternia Shards from the clutches of Evil!

Only for the ones who wanna test their skills!

To -- For the Seasoned Defenders willing to test their might!

Any ETA as to when you're implementing the beams to be drag-able? That's pretty much what is missing from the planner. :-)

Will change them now thanks :)

Don't have any ETA but thanks to [[18313,users]] i can now finally start working on a solution, it will be ready very soon ;)

Great work so far!

I'm going to start off with a huge feature request list :)

- Phased builds eg a build for wave 1, what to add for wave 2, extras to add for the boss fight.

- Flags for Survival, Mixed mode, AFKable

- Specific boxes to input minimum stats required on each builder

- Search by builders required and stats required.

- Show mana used (Total and per phase), could also add total mana required to upgrade

- Layered builds eg for Kings game it can get confusing which layer items go on for some maps a switch to allow changing between map layers would be nice

- Switch for Kings game to move between 115 DU and 125 DU

- Screenshot upload; with ability to place on map (probably an expansion to the hints)

- Min/Max players/afk's supported (might need to vary based on stats) 

All that said, I'd also be willing to offer you some assistance, specifically: code review and getting a handle on git, adding https etc. Might be able to help out with code in a month or two when things quiet down on other projects I have on the go. 

@Carnage- quote:

Great work so far!

I'm going to start off with a huge feature request list :)

- Phased builds eg a build for wave 1, what to add for wave 2, extras to add for the boss fight.

- Flags for Survival, Mixed mode, AFKable

- Specific boxes to input minimum stats required on each builder

- Search by builders required and stats required.

- Show mana used (Total and per phase), could also add total mana required to upgrade

- Layered builds eg for Kings game it can get confusing which layer items go on for some maps a switch to allow changing between map layers would be nice

- Switch for Kings game to move between 115 DU and 125 DU

- Screenshot upload; with ability to place on map (probably an expansion to the hints)

- Min/Max players/afk's supported (might need to vary based on stats) 

All that said, I'd also be willing to offer you some assistance, specifically: code review and getting a handle on git, adding https etc. Might be able to help out with code in a month or two when things quiet down on other projects I have on the go. 

Huge Thanks for the feature list :)

- Show mana used would be easy to add as every tower already has a Mana Value attached to them its just a thing of adding the Javascript to it^^

- All these filter additions are added to my To-Do list :)

- Phased builds and Layered Builds would need some huge rework but should be doable when enough spare time is available^^
Any help on this is very appreciated as i have to come up with a solution that works with my current setup or after rewriting some.
At the moment its like every build is in the "Builds" Table, the placed towers are in a seperate Table so i would just need to add an extra row there that says for which wave it is. (but im getting nightmares just thinking about doing the Javascript that would be necessary as i don't like it that much^^).

- You are able to add your Screenshots to the Description (including videos and what not^^) but wouldn't they overlap many important things if they were placed on the Map?

Its very kind of you to offer me your assistance but bear in mind that this is kinda my first Web project (Just had 1 before in school but that isn't even worth calling a project)

ps: Looking good so far for the EV-Beams http://puu.sh/uOIam/19b855ba90.png
(Its not the best solution but works kinda perfect with my system)

My thinking for screenshots was to have a hint with an attached screenshot; when clicked it would open up and show the screenshot - so the screenshot wouldn't be there all the time.

Most of the suggestions could be done just using the description; so they are a nice to have kinda thing.

New update new post!

The EV Update went live but its in an early state!
You are free to use it but there are some bugs im working on:
 - when rotating or moving beams might act weird.
 - If you drag a new Beam out of the menu and move your mouse too fast the image dissapear but you still have the beam in your hand and you can place it down. after placing it down it will then show again.

other then that it works :)

edit: yes i know, some beam images aren't 1:1 like ingame and i will redo them but for today i need a break ^^

New update

Did some redesign of the map page (Mostly for creators)
Added an "Details" module that shows informations about the Build like:
 - Build Status
 - Difficulty
 - Game Mode (Campaign/Survival/Pure Stratergy)
 - Hardcore (Only if Campaign or Survival)
 - Mix Mode (Only if Survival)
 - AFK Able
 - Mana Used
 - Mana needed to Upgrade
 - An option to see more Builds from the creator
And maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany little and internal things.

We reached 4000 lines of completely self written code :o

If you have any ideas what could be added here just tell it to me :)

While testing this ne update i noticed something about Magus Quarters, the shape of the map looks like a demon or even the Devil himself!
http://dundefplanner.com/map.php?load=95

Edit: If something should break or even there is something wrong with the database just send me an E-Mail trough the contact page and i will immediately restore a backup and fix it :p

More suggestions:

Now that description formatting etc. is done, how about allowing users to post comments on the builds, and have the authors get notifications of the comments so they can respond. :)

Also, add another section(read: tab) which allows linking of videos or build images. Main tab is of course the map planner tab but the second tab will show any attached media. Right now you can do that but only in the description, which requires scrolling down, reading/referring then going back up. Better to have tabs to upload media, which will make it quick for referring to builds. Of course have a limit on image size(if you allow image uploading) or simply just fetch them from an image hosting site if a link is provided. For videos same thing, should be in YouTube URL format and fetch just the player from there.

Optional, incorporate how many times a build was visited, and add that to the option to sort a build based on views / rating etc.

Also, allow the author to delete a particular build, and have a copy of it stored for say... a week(max) in case they change their mind, following which purge the copy from your server.

Would be nice to be able to sort out the builds you are looking for/see the best rated with one clock.

what i do mean, precisely:

Basically to sort things with toggling buttons like best rated/most fewed (assuming mambas comment gets true)/recently developed.

Also some kind of filter like the one used if you want to search public games in dungeon defenders.

@Black Mamba quote:

More suggestions:

Now that description formatting etc. is done, how about allowing users to post comments on the builds, and have the authors get notifications of the comments so they can respond. :)

Also, add another section(read: tab) which allows linking of videos or build images. Main tab is of course the map planner tab but the second tab will show any attached media. Right now you can do that but only in the description, which requires scrolling down, reading/referring then going back up. Better to have tabs to upload media, which will make it quick for referring to builds. Of course have a limit on image size(if you allow image uploading) or simply just fetch them from an image hosting site if a link is provided. For videos same thing, should be in YouTube URL format and fetch just the player from there.

Optional, incorporate how many times a build was visited, and add that to the option to sort a build based on views / rating etc.

Also, allow the author to delete a particular build, and have a copy of it stored for say... a week(max) in case they change their mind, following which purge the copy from your server.

Thanks for the feedback, im developing the tabs atm and need to know how what should be displayed on the second (Or maybe more?) tabs:

912e98a500.png

5dc881cbb0.png

@[Ger] Michili quote:

Would be nice to be able to sort out the builds you are looking for/see the best rated with one clock.

Basically to sort things with toggling buttons like best rated/most fewed (assuming mambas comment gets true)/recently developed.

Also some kind of filter like the one used if you want to search public games in dungeon defenders.

You mean that things like rating or date are clickable and sorted that way?

Shouldn't be that much work and will be added to my To-Do :)

@Black Mamba quote:

More suggestions:

Would you mind to explain what you meant by linking videos and/or images on the second tab?
(If its hard to describe a little paint picture could help^^)

Actually, scratch that suggestion about tabs, its sounds unnecessarily complicated and quite redundant, ignore it! :D

Hopefully the other ones are easier to implement.

Edit:

Since you've already added tabs, take a look at the old DDPlanner by Czo, and see how he implemented tabs for allowing multiple builds. Like One tab is for 1st build phase, another tab is for 2nd build phase, and so on, etc.
And users can create tabs on the go depending on how to wish to divide the build into phases.
Then the final or main tab is the one which aggregates all the towers/etc. placed in the other tabs and puts them together as a final build.
Hopefully its easy to understand, if not let me know, I'll explain that in Paint or create a dummy build guide to show it on your website itself.

@Black Mamba quote:

Actually, scratch that suggestion about tabs, its sounds unnecessarily complicated and quite redundant, ignore it! :D

Hopefully the other ones are easier to implement.

Oh well, it was already finished and only needed to be filled xD

But alright will move on to the other ones then haha (View counter is finished)

Updated the site, the tabs are currently in also the View Counter.

Either i get an idea on what to do with them or i will remove them later ^^

I strongly agree with the ability of using screenshots. However death to everyone who do videos only :)

My idea is to place screenshot markers which open the picture if clicked on. Would be more convenient than having screenshots on a separate tab in a tile structure then having to guess which one shows what part of the build.

Update:
i worked the last 2 days on the Comment feature:
the second Tab is now used for writing comments.
You can only write comments if you are logged in (To prevent spam and to get in touch if there are questions)
You can up/down vote comments (Anonymously)

Regarding the Screenshot markers:
Because of how the system works currently its not possible to add it easily but i have added it to my To-Do list

Regarding the multiple waves:
I would have to come up with something and plan it wisely because the Planner wasn't made with multi wave support in mind.
So this would have to wait until im finished with some other work but it will definitely come!

Also i did some preperations to use Git and maybe even Github so this Project might be going public!
(But someone has to convince me as i see too many negative aspects of doing that)

Tweak the stacking of towers a bit more, specially when you have to turn a buff beam, usually just grabs the underlying towers instead.
If possible, check Czo's planner and just copy paste his beams(all beams) implementation.

Apart from that so far pretty good!

@Black Mamba quote:

Tweak the stacking of towers a bit more, specially when you have to turn a buff beam, usually just grabs the underlying towers instead.
If possible, check Czo's planner and just copy paste his beams(all beams) implementation.

Apart from that so far pretty good!

What tower you grab is decided by which tower you placed last, its kinda like a layered system.

Maybe i have to come up with something^^ (Any ideas would be appreciated)

And if i could simply Copy Paster things from other sites i would have done it xD

(Sadly just copying some javascript isn't gonna do anything because you have to manage the whole server thing including the Database and all that stuff. Oh and the code that displays the placed tower would be not working at all)

How about addding a section where the author may given an estimate of the time taken to run the map with this build?

Or the XP gained for running it

I only suggest these as I levelled some alts recently and revisited my long held conclusions about the most efficient way of doing so

@mkjo quote:

How about addding a section where the author may given an estimate of the time taken to run the map with this build?

Or the XP gained for running it

I only suggest these as I levelled some alts recently and revisited my long held conclusions about the most efficient way of doing so

Sure, would be easy to add it to the already existing "Build Details"

@[Ger] Michili quote:

Took its time but its here ^^
(Will need to do rating too buts its different from the others)

Edit:

3 Hours later and now the rating is working too :)

(Man im really learning MUCH from doing this project, never used functions in SQL queries before that involved JOIN's)