DunDefPlanner - Finally we can share our builds!

@Black Mamba quote:

The 2nd iteration of ddplanner by czokalapik had these features. I checked up his website using Archive.org, but it returned with just 1 or 2 pages and they weren't formatted properly so I can't figure out how his GUI was. But he basically had multiple tabs(I think 4 total) for wave-wise build. So you'd basically use 1 tab for for the first wave setup, then the next and so-on. And a final tab where it would just overlap all the traps/minions placed in the previous tabs so show you the final build.

I know there were multi-part builds on the original ddplanner, which was very useful, but I'm 99% sure it only allowed 2 parts, and there was no overall combined view. Not to say that more parts and a combined view wouldn't be nice as well.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be that, I don't even remember it in detail its been quite long since that site shutdown and I had quit the game before it did. So its hard to remember everything.

So, in terms of the visibility problem i've added checkboxes to every tower class so you can hide/show them (They are still draggable, i may fix that in the future if needed)

If the Highlight idea plane was talking about is still needed i could add that to my list.

I think i will use the Steam API then for basicaly everything because its much easier for the users and me^^

My next goal will then be to redo the Map selection map. (Its ugly and really needs to be redone)
So how many categorys would we need?

Base Game
Bonus
Quest for The Lost Eternia Shards
The Lost Quests
Challenges

Thats all?

by the way, instead of alphabetical should they be sorted 1:1 like ingame? (Would need to manually add a Row into the DB saying its order, but would be ok)

Will see what i can do about the BB Codes in the commentary box, but that has to wait after i finished working on the Map selection.

Alright, the DB is ready now i only need to redo the Webpage.
Maybe im getting to it tommorow.

A question:
since DDPlanner.com is already taken what should my domain ending be?
DDPlanner.net/org/de (and so on)

.org/net both make sense. Although I don't know if you would rather classify it as an Organization or a Network (.org and .net respectively).

It looks good on a quick check.

Good work and thanks for your efforts.

Nice ezpz KG build too- it brought me out of retirement for another (dissapointing) KG run

DD1Planner.com?  DDMapPlanner.com?  DDMapBuilder.com?  Just a thought ^.^, great job bringing this feature back!! <3

Oh hai!

ddplanner still works ;] it's coding was simple tho, and it wasn't responsive or mobile friendly, and Black Mamba - yeah, there were 2 parts layout options

@Czokalapik quote:

Oh hai!

ddplanner still works ;] it's coding was simple tho, and it wasn't responsive or mobile friendly, and Black Mamba - yeah, there were 2 parts layout options

What do you mean with ddplanner still works?

domain went down, but i have all the files and db on my server, havent updated it with any maps tho because i dont play dd1 anymore. plus like i said, programming was sloppy and it's not mobile-friendly.

Oh ok, a thing i wanted to ask you anyway the whole time:
How did you solved the problems with EV beams connecting?
I have a couple of ideas but none of them is really good. And the problem with calculating DU used isn't easy in my thinking^^

Well, i had to set custom "scale" of every map, took some testing on many maps, but it was a key of ev beams, du cost took..... LOTS of testing :) basically i built every beam next to each other, took som mesurments, like defense X is twice as wide as defense Y etc etc, then it was only a matter of dividing them in du steps of du cost.

Ill take a look at the code later 

My thought was when the .droppable event is called let the User input how much DU the beams gonna use, then set the half of the du to the placed beam and create a clone of that that is place a couple of pixels away. Giving them both a group id to easily draw a line between them.

Problem with that is that the User would had to input the DU everytime^^

Yeah, i figured planner should work like game, so math should be done for the user..... Took me some time to get all the values, scaling etc, i have found function with my scaling variables for every tower (if that helps):

function initDef(Did,Dobj) {

var catVars = []

catVars['category'] = $(".towerBox .holder[data-def-id='" + Did + "']").parents('.defHolder').attr('id');

switch(catVars['category']) {

case 'ev':

catVars['curZindex'] = curZIndex = "15";

catVars['scaling'] = extraScale = 0.5*mapScaling;

switch(Did) {

case 'ev1':

beamLen=0.5*mapScaling

maxBeamLen=1.2*mapScaling

break;

case 'ev2':

beamLen=0.62*mapScaling

maxBeamLen=1.1*mapScaling

case 'ev3':

beamLen=0.65*mapScaling

break;

case 'ev4':

beamLen=0.59*mapScaling

maxBeamLen=1*mapScaling

break;

case 'ev5':

beamLen=0.59*mapScaling

break;

}

break;

case 'auras':

catVars['curZindex'] = curZIndex = "5";

catVars['scaling'] = extraScale = 1.9*mapScaling;

break;

case 'traps':

catVars['curZindex'] = curZIndex = "10";

catVars['scaling'] = extraScale = 1.4*mapScaling;

break;

case 'guardians':

catVars['curZindex'] = curZIndex = "12";

catVars['scaling'] = extraScale = 0.5*mapScaling;

break;

case 'customs':

catVars['curZindex'] = curZIndex = "9";

catVars['scaling'] = extraScale = 0.7*mapScaling;

break;

default:

catVars['curZindex'] = curZIndex = "16";

catVars['scaling'] = extraScale = mapScaling;

} // z-index & scale of each def and beam

if(!Dobj) {

catVars['width'] = $(".towerBox .holder[data-def-id='" + Did + "']").width()*catVars['scaling']*zoom

catVars['height'] = $(".towerBox .holder[data-def-id='" + Did + "']").height()*catVars['scaling']*zoom

} else {

catVars['width'] = Dobj.width() *catVars['scaling']*zoom

catVars['height'] = Dobj.height() *catVars['scaling']*zoom

}

return catVars

}

plus scaling for each maps from my DB:

The Deeper Well

Foundries and Forge

Magus Quarters

Alchemical Laboratory

Servants Quarters

Castle Armory

Hall of Court

The Throne Room

Royal Gardens

The Ramparts

Endless Spires

The Summit

Glitterhelm Caverns

Mistymire Forest

Moraggo Desert Town

Tree of Life

Frostdale

Oasis

Karathiki Jungle

Sky'O'Love

City in the Cliffs

Oakvale Crossing

Aquanos

Shipwreck Ruins

Talay Mining Complex

Sky City

Boss Rush

Legendary Huntress

Legendary Monk

Legendary Mage

Legendary Knight

Old One

Palantir

The King's Game

Tavern Defense

Akatiti Jungle

btw, i made connections of beams with:

function draw(svg) { 

svg.line(0,0,0, '100%', {stroke: '#f90', strokeWidth: 8}); 

}

plus i have used somewhere:

baseLen = Math.ceil(80*beamLen*zoom)

maxLen = Math.ceil(80*maxBeamLen*zoom)

no idea why 80... :D

but it was used in ev DU processing:

$.fn.processEvDUthreshold = function() {

var baseDU = $(".towerBox input[data-def-id='" + $(this[0]).data('defId') + "']").val()

var maxDU = $(".towerBox input[data-def-id='" + $(this[0]).data('defId') + "']").data('maxDu')

var DUdiff = maxDU-baseDU

var baseL = $(this[0]).attr('baseLen')

var maxL = $(this[0]).attr('maxLen')

var additionalLen = maxL-baseL

return Array(additionalLen/DUdiff,additionalLen,maxDU,baseDU)

}

@chakratos quote:

@Mankinater quote:

Don't know if this is the right place to ask.. but is the King's Game Lazy build AFK to wave 30 on a summoner for gear drops only?

What do you mean by "for gear drops only" ?
This is my usual build for farming from 19-30.

Im usally in with a summoner that flash heals once or twice per wave so the traps and auras are at full life.

[[163407,users]]

So saying:
The max lenght of an 4DU Buff beam is: X
The max lenght of an additional DU is: Y
if (lenght < (X+Y)) = 4 DU Beam
if (lenght > (X+Y) && lenght < (X+(Y*2))) {
= 5 DU
} else {
= 6 DU
}

Will have to do some thoughts on how i would implement this in my system.

@Czokalapik quote:

Oh hai!

Czokalapik -- Good to see you back helping people out with the DDPlanner again! :-) Can you possibly provide a snapshot of your website's layout? Your GUI was much more comfortable compared to cubicleninja's old ddplanner.

[[19297,users]] -- As for naming, since DDplanner is taken, how about "DunDefPlanner"? Or as @Jemma suggested, "DD1Planner".

Some feedback related to tower placements -- 
Remove the "Turn" icon from on top of the the icons once they are placed on the map. With stacking towers it becomes hard to get the proper one to hover on and then turn.
What I'd suggest instead is:
To rotate the tower directions --  You should hold right-click on the tower(once its placed) and move your mouse around.
That way the maximum accessible area for a particular tower to get clicked upon or hovered is limited to its icon size and shape. And since the shape of most towers(excluding auras & traps) is different, then even if two towers are overlapping then you can still access each other as long as you can right click on either of them.

Now, since Right-Click is currently used for removing a tower you can simply re-map that to Delete.

If work on new planner is not too advanced, i can give you the source as base, db is set up, so u only have to come up with admin screen yo add new maps.

There are some required fixes too, main two are:

- Not-too-secure user logins (non steam)

- Mobile support, responsive view (there is ni mobile view), there is no touch support, you would have to add some "tap tower for options" thing so rotation and removal of towers will be possible.

HOLY COW its alive, haha!

Since you are willing to pass on the source code(in whatever proportion) [[19297,users]] and [[161132,users]] should pick it up and improve upon it since they both were working on a new DDPlanner. Although from an educational point of view its good that they are willing to make it from scratch! squire_small.png

@Czokalapik quote:

If work on new planner is not too advanced, i can give you the source as base, db is set up, so u only have to come up with admin screen yo add new maps.

There are some required fixes too, main two are:

- Not-too-secure user logins (non steam)

- Mobile support, responsive view (there is ni mobile view), there is no touch support, you would have to add some "tap tower for options" thing so rotation and removal of towers will be possible.

Its a bit advanced and has a couple thousand lines of code (The Backend is rock solid^^)

But it would be nice to use yours for testing purpose.

The thing is your website only shows a White Screen^^ (It GET´s all the images and stuff but thats all)

edit: works in chrome but not firefox

btw, if you wan't your monopol back i wouldn't be in your way as i think only 1 is needed and that one should be the best. (Mine does ofcourse need some more work to be the best^^)

Strange, it was working last time i checked. Maybe the code compression is messed up, i'll check that later and let you know. 

And about planner itself, i dont think i will be working on it, if i do. I may try to create new one for dd2 based on my old code.

Alright, it looks similar to mine (and everyone else´s xD)
I will try to copy your beam behaivour and will see how i will adapt it into my system.
After that the planner itself should be done and i can finally continue with the fun things like PHP (Boy do i hate Javascript)