Gating higher difficulties?

I know this has come up before when we looked at level 50s fresh from campaign jumping into NM4 games and leeching gear.

I wondered if there will be some gating in the new Chaos tiers such as fixed lower end IPWR requirements or maybe even using the vendor mechanism where the deck's current IPWR dictates the drop IPWR. So if the player is 250 the drops even on Chaos 2 would be around 250 i.e. mostly in the region of their own IPWR.

Instead of them just dropping in and grabbing whatever the range will be. Surely this promotes longevity.

That said, i hope the gear progression is better scaled. NM4 gear seems loads better than NMIII with nit too much between the ipwr on NM1 AND NM2. but i wouldn't mind hard blocking the higher diffculties so that you HAVE to beat each stage in order to progress to a higher tier difficulty and you can only do maps you've beaten for a given difficulty. 

There are problems if you gate content, and there are problems if you don't gate content. 

Some of the people I play with are super casual and will not want to go through whatever it takes to unlock harder difficulties, and I would want to play on harder difficulties, so we couldn't play together.

If it's not gated, then people fresh out of the Campaign can jump straight into Chaos V and leech off everyone.

Maybe it should be gated for public games and not gated for private games and possibly even normalize drops a bit for people who are in a higher difficulty than they should be in private. They would still be able to make some progress but they should not be able to skip all of Chaos I, II, III, and IV and right away be getting Chaos V drops immediately out of the Campaign.

@TUSM quote:

When you create a game online, you can set the minimum iPwr required.

yes but new players r just putting on the highest ipw and bypassing this they r not getting ipw gear with the right stats just whatever has the highest ipw in there eyes is the best i always see 740+ with hero/life gear on a dps or some other combo but when u try and help them they just think your wrong cause there is so many new players making posts trying to help other new players giving out the wrong info all the time and crying cause the game is to hard its more like u r *** and u have the wrong stats on gear

@zactkiller2 quote:

@TUSM quote:

yes but new players r just putting on the highest ipw and bypassing this they r not getting ipw gear with the right stats just whatever has the highest ipw in there eyes is the best i always see 740+ with hero/life gear on a dps or some other combo but when u try and help them they just think your wrong cause there is so many new players making posts trying to help other new players giving out the wrong info all the time and crying cause the game is to hard its more like u r *** and u have the wrong stats on gear

I think I understood most of this.....anyway, leeching is only a problem if the host allows it, and I understand that not everyone who makes a public room puts a minimum iPwr level. If everyone who hosts a room uses that feature, leeching wouldn't (technically) be possible. I say technically because someone somehow managed to get into my private NM3 Incursion (playing on PS4) with low iPwr gear, and when I play public, I always set the iPwr level. He was level 47 at around 220 iPwr. Since the game wouldn't allow me to kick him, I left the lobby so he couldn't leech off of me.

Long story short, I can see that leeching can be an issue in some people's eyes, but if people want to take the easy way out, shorten the game length, and probably still struggle in higher difficulties despite having top class gear, more power to them. They just won't be leeching off of me.

@TUSM quote:

@zactkiller2 quote:

@TUSM quote:

I think I understood most of this.....anyway, leeching is only a problem if the host allows it, and I understand that not everyone who makes a public room puts a minimum iPwr level. If everyone who hosts a room uses that feature, leeching wouldn't (technically) be possible. I say technically because someone somehow managed to get into my private NM3 Incursion (playing on PS4) with low iPwr gear, and when I play public, I always set the iPwr level. He was level 47 at around 220 iPwr. Since the game wouldn't allow me to kick him, I left the lobby so he couldn't leech off of me.

Long story short, I can see that leeching can be an issue in some people's eyes, but if people want to take the easy way out, shorten the game length, and probably still struggle in higher difficulties despite having top class gear, more power to them. They just won't be leeching off of me.

Why you mad it's only game.

In all seriousness the games pretty easy in it's current state, the only problem I have with leechers is if 
1. They stand on the core well siege rollers are out.
2. They don't upgrade at the end of the waves/or during.
3. They don't push G.

----

Gating for chaos levels is probably a bad idea, nobody would want to play through all the maps again like its campaign on a higher difficulty/'s. Hopefully there is a good difficulty to gear ratio tho so you can progress upwards with some struggle.

@TUSM quote:

I think I understood most of this.....anyway, leeching is only a problem if the host allows it

Leeching is a problem for everyone who plays public games. If someone has already leeched high iPWR gear but they have no idea how to play the game so they're wearing a mess of hero and defense stats and terrible passive selection just because they put on whatever had the highest iPWR for that slot then putting an iPWR requirement on your game does nothing to stop them from joining.

can always vote kick if they are not playing to your liking tho? now if they join with a friend you may be in some trouble, i feel the host of the game should have full control.