Sign in to follow this  
UncrownedData

Farming gear

Hey all, 

I am pretty new to any sort of forum use, but I have been playing DD1 for a long time now.  I am curious to get opinions on what maps I could build. 

I never really knew there was infinite resources to help me learn builds from other people.  I used to just work out builds on my own, which was fun, but it isn't working out very well for end-game goals.  I want to start farming some maps and I am curious to hear whether or not you guys think I could do them with my stats.  

So far, I have found a build that works all the way through NMHCMM KG survival wave 30.  I feel like with knowing I can complete this, I should be able to build almost any map.  I will list my stats and then list the maps I want to start building.  I would love to hear any and all opinions.

Class (Level) : Tower HP / Tower DMG / Tower Range / Tower Attack Rate

Monk (98) : 2044 / 4340 / 2695 / 2584

Squire (97) : 2217 / 4882 / 1969 / 3437

Summoner (96) : 2785 / 4555 / 1459 / 2569

Huntress (93) : 1777 / 4218 / 2441 / 1749

Series EV (83) : 3761 / 3267 / 0 / 1095

Apprentice (79) : 1485 / 3484 / 1198 / 1974  

The two maps I really want to start doing are WW and Akatiti Jungle both on NMHC campaign mode ( I can do both on insane currently with no trouble).  Do I have the stats to finish these two?  I currently have armor in my item box waiting to build a dps set for a monk or barbarian to finish the bosses off with.  If I do have the builders, what stats do I need on a dps class in order to kill the bosses in a reasonable timeframe given my somewhat low aura health?  Also, do I have the stats to build Tavern Defense Survival and/or aqua survival?  I try TD all the time and fail miserably.  I am sort of at a wall for my builders.  The only way to majorly up my stats are to keep farming for Sup/Ult pieces, I think.

Do you guys think KG gives the best armor?  I heard TD gives better but is harder.  Is there a major difference in Sky City, Aqua, KG, or TD? 

The main purpose here is to find out if I can start farming obsidian weapons and coal, and to check if I am using my time best on KG or if I should go elsewhere for armor.  Thanks for reading!

Yes, those stats are good enough to build pretty much everything on campaign, although you may have difficulty with Ember.  WW and Aka should pose no problem as long as you can DPS the bosses, since your stats are higher than necessary.  Your aura health is not low at all.

The main stats you want on a DPS hero are:

1. Being a monk
2. Having a mega chicken (although seahorse is easier to get and quite good)
3. Having 90% generic resist or close to it
4. Having other resists as high as you can get them

There's stuff like hero damage and such too, but that's less important.  It also helps if you can bring an AFK character with a propeller cat, so if you can manage two DPS characters it would make it easier. 

I do not think TD survival is better for armor than KG.  Out of the maps you listed, I would recommend KG.

Your stats are more than enough to reach akatiki boss, it's dps that you need more than anything. Tower stats are again enough to reach WW boss but you especially need a lot of dps for those bosses. If you only play with 1 toon. Monk is the way to go, which shouldn't have too much trouble on akatiki. Though it's faster with more toons naturally from combination of monk boost, someone with a cat. then chicks/ seahorses/ high end dragons just attacking all at once. Just melts that boss in seconds even with 4 toons.

I personally find moonbase the best for armor farming but.... it's definitely not doable it with those stats at least the 1 core build I use. The thing with armor is many high end maps easily hit the stat cap in the mid 20's for armor so you're basically fighting rng at this point. Just go with a map you're comfortable with doing with ease.

Awesome info! Thank you both.  So what is the best way to learn a build for campaigns?  I looked at several videos on builds and so far, every one I try gets me killed on the second wave on Akatiki when the ogres start coming.  I havent even tried WW on NM.  I want to get AJ figured out before I move on to WW.  

Should I be spending more time to gear up my Apprentice?  I see an awful lot of builds that use lightning towers.

lightning towers speed up farming but are not recommended at low stats cause they're incredibly squishy and aggro ogre's to them they don't have good sturdiness in builds unless you have a monk boost near them while another toon to upgrade with. " yu might want a strength drain in the boss arena " dont up it though or djinn will despawn it" wave 1 akatiki is get your buffs, aura's " i'd recommend 2 sets of aura's on the double crystals and 1 set by the single and traps set up then jester to instantly 3 star all the buffs during the combat phase. wave 2 build is getting your minions and any other towers built stuff like harpoons etc.

@UncrownedData quote:

Awesome info! Thank you both.  So what is the best way to learn a build for campaigns?  I looked at several videos on builds and so far, every one I try gets me killed on the second wave on Akatiki when the ogres start coming.  I havent even tried WW on NM.  I want to get AJ figured out before I move on to WW.  

Should I be spending more time to gear up my Apprentice?  I see an awful lot of builds that use lightning towers.

Yes, you can do lightning builds on all sorts of maps with stats that are around yours or lower.  Also try respeccing into rate and see if your DPS goes up.

The monkey farming build I posted works fine on campaign as well, and it works with significantly lower stats than yours:

I did this video with high stats on survival, but it works with low stats on campaign too.  For campaign, build everything except minions wave 1, build minions wave 2.  The lightning is positioned so that it doesn't take much damage.  There are plenty of builds that use lightning at low stats even though they're squishy.

Your stats are actually high enough that you can use your lightning towers to tank and do lightning-only builds on a number of maps, but you'll have to DPS during waves and repair the towers some of the time.

@Plane quote:

Yes, you can do lightning builds on all sorts of maps with stats that are around yours or lower.  Also try respeccing into rate and see if your DPS goes up.

Do you mean respec on my apprentice, I assume?  I could always switch out my Squire armor and throw it on my apprentice if that would make this map that much easier.  

In this video, how are you getting so much mana with your genie?

@UncrownedData quote:Do you mean respec on my apprentice, I assume?  I could always switch out my Squire armor and throw it on my apprentice if that would make this map that much easier.  

In this video, how are you getting so much mana with your genie?

Lupine bow + genie + mana swirling

・Mambo's lupine bow guide

・Mang's mana swirling guide

If your app is high enough level to equip the squire armor, sure, go for it :)  Very few builds use app+squire towers together on the same map.

Hopefully this isn't getting too off topic.  Is there a way to do these campaign maps with my stats without farming for a good genie and lupine bow?  That all sounds really complex and sort of exploiting a bug in how the genie works.

@UncrownedData quote:

Hopefully this isn't getting too off topic.  Is there a way to do these campaign maps with my stats without farming for a good genie and lupine bow?  That all sounds really complex and sort of exploiting a bug in how the genie works.

It sounds complex but really all you have to do is keep shooting into mobs and you fill up with mana.  Even if you dont use a lupine, a genie will still be very helpful for upgrading things fast.

Sure, you can do it without a lupine bow.  Lupines are pretty much the optimal weapon for mana farming if you're interested in high-end play, but they aren't required to do anything.  You can farm mana with whatever weapons you want.  For example, you could use a blaster rifle and finish upgrading everything on Aka to 3 stars with time to spare.  Just make sure you get the buff beams upgraded to 3 stars before you upgrade anything else.

You definitely want a genie, but you don't need a particularly good genie.  I have a myth 4^ genie that is good enough for everything.  Just look for a mana collection stat over 10k and (if possible) a positive casting rate stat.  It shouldn't be too hard to find one. 

You can also use a djinnlet or a companion cube to gather mana, but they aren't as good.

genie + lupine bow that isn't electric element makes it very very easier to tackle harder maps, due to how fast you can upgrade stuff. especially with a jester upgrading huntress works too. Lupine/wolfhunter bows drop on kings game survival,  just have to have huntress out. Yes it's not required just makes it substantionally easier to beat campaigns without running around grabbing mana from mobs when you can fully up everything in like a tenth of the time at the very least or or even less.  The reason lupines are chosen is there multiple projectiles and the fact they shoot through walls.

Thanks everyone. I found a pretty awesome Myth lupine bow tonight and got a genie with 17k mana stat and 200 cast rate.  I am going to play around with learning how to get mana quick and maybe I can start farming the jungle.

Appreciate all the help everyone.

I feel like this still relates to farming campaign maps, so I will ask it here instead of making a new post:

Pretty much everything I read says Monks are better boss killers, but in most every video I watch, people pull out Barbarians.  Is there a reason I see barbs in videos, or is it such a close race in DPS that it comes down to personal preference?  And if monks win out, is it better to go melee or range for bosses?  I don't really want to worry about dps for mobs, so I am just concerned with pure boss dps.

If this is too far from the thread topic, please let me know.  THanks!

Barbs have higher damage per hit which makes them ideal for some bosses like cupid on tavern defense. Monks have about the same to higher DPS overall which makes them better for most bosses. It really does come down to personal preference and how you use the character. Monk melee is better than monk range. 

Barbs hawk stance hits really hard, especially with saws But real nice glads work too, but that requires you farming akitiki for awhile or sky city campaign with sword wielders out during the final wave. but it takes a good bit of farming since you'll also need a rather nice propellor cat to really benefit from going with a barb over a monk at your stage. But you really need the tavern keeper skin on your barb for real nice damage, which since you're just now farming akatiki you very likely don't have access to it.

Monks pet damage scale really nicely and along with hero boost makes it hit rather hard early on a lot sooner than you'll have access to a real nice Barb.  Monks melee hits harder than range on weapons, while range has its range uses , but for most bosses you want your monk in the bosses face for a chicken/ seahorse to be doing its max potential regardless.

@UncrownedData quote:

Pretty much everything I read says Monks are better boss killers, but in most every video I watch, people pull out Barbarians.  Is there a reason I see barbs in videos, or is it such a close race in DPS that it comes down to personal preference?

It depends on the boss. A lot of bosses are  "HP Locked" meaning after a certain amount of damage is dealt to them, they become invulnerable in some way. If you burst past that threshold, you can significantly decrease the length of the boss fight. Using Hawk Stance, Barbs can go significantly beyond the damage limit due to their burst damage.

Examples: Sky City,  Crystalline Dimension

Other bosses are straight HP tanks, which means higher DPS = faster kill. Monks generally have higher DPS than barbarians, which is why you hear the "monks are the best DPS class" argument.

Examples: Winter Wonderland, Akatiti Jungle

What do you mean HP locked?  As in they will become immune to physical damage?  What do you do to kill them when that happens?

EDIT:: I understand now.  As in they transition to another phase?  My mistake