Some Gameplay Change Suggestions

Since partying with someone benefits all people in the party if the map is done successfully, what if you could encourage people to play together instead of being alone or have bad luck with those annoying pricks that don't listening to others when something is needed? Include a bonus DM (Defender Medal) bonus. Maybe a 10-15% -ish kind of bonus, depending on how many people there are in the party. This would help gameplay by a lot.

There should be a harder difficulty for campaign. When you get too strong for your own good, and no servers are up for Incursion, the game gets boring and people leave. I honestly feel like this is the case for some people. Maybe there should be a special course of campaign, or something called "Endless Mode". This would basically be campaign boss (With the boss being every 10 or so waves) maps and incursions, but with infinite waves that progressively get harder. The map ends with the objective being destroyed, granting something like "Number of Waves X 2 Defender Medals = Given DM". This way people don't have to wait every 24 hours for Daily Missions. However, the DM cap still applies, and partying with others would not stack.

Sometimes things get difficult and no one joins you, so you leave only to find that no one is joining maps and staying in town idling. There should be an idle manager in town to prevent this from happening. And for those who want to play? Have a "Make Server SOS" option. What this would do is that the server would be marked on the top of the list with an exclamation point by its name. That way, people go "Oh, there's a game that I can play on." This way, there are no crusaders that are left out to fail.

There are times when I go on a map like the one to fight the Harbinger, and then there is a random level 1 putting so many things down in random spots and not everyone votes to kick him. There should be a "Player Level Minimum" instead of an "iPWR Minimum", since strong people can have low iPWR and high level. Even more so, there should be a "Server Leader", which is the person who leads the people on the map and is determined by who opened the server in the first place. The server leader gets to kick whoever with no voting, with that kicked player getting a notification 10 seconds prior to the actual kick back to the town. This would make it so people can't leech experience off of others trying to do something, since that extra player decreases building mana dispensed out to everyone else.

Trading. I know I went straight for the punchline without a scenario, but this is really something we need. Trading with gems, DM, and gold for other currency or item for item would improve the game so much. If your friend joined the game and you had a spare, underpowered (On your hypothetical standards, and that you had an NM 3 version) Meowmere for their Squire, you would do that. If they had a few DMs you needed to get the Dryad, there could be a compromise in which both players benefit. After all, 4 weapons every 2(?) hours isn't exactly... useful, is it? In addition to trading, there should be a gifting process where you can gift someone else an item they don't have, and they've helped you out a great amount or you are feeling very generous. This would improve the strength within the community by a good amount, since people (who don't shark others or scam them) can end up being your pal for a good long time in DD2.

I know this thread was REALLY long, but I just wanted to say a few suggestions with my reasoning behind it. I hope this takes some consideration from both the community and the developers at Trendy Entertainment. If you are still reading at this point, I thank you. Hope you have a wonderful remaining day of the week.

1°) I'd like some Endless mode too, but I think it would be better if they added it close to or even after release.

They talked about infinitely scaling difficulty in latest news.

2°) I think ipwr restriction is better than level, because the difference of power between a NT1 lv50 and a NT4 lv50 is far bigger than between lv50 and 40.

3°) I don't like how game hosts are working but I don't think your solution is any better. Give the host free kicks and you'll see a bunch of guys randomly kicking anything they dislike for no reason.

Host shouldn't be kickable (if the word exists), but vote for others is just fine. If you try to warn, then explain why you kick someone, people usually help you. At least that's my experience.

4°) Trading could be a good addition like it could destroy the game easely. I think it would just strengthen the gap between solo/new players and others/veterans.

Knowing HL friends or being rich, you'd be able to achieve extremely good gears while others would be powerless. With your gear you'd be able to farm effectively and get even more gold, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

A note about trading: Too many times to count, my kids or I have gotten a piece of armor or a weapon that the other character could use. Like.. I prefer playing my DPS Apprentice and my son always gets the good staffs - with excellent stats and desired effects. I get the gear he's looking for. Funny part is he doesn't even have an apprentice in his stack of characters. So we keep things for later, just in case trading gets implemented (they've said it's coming, but that was a while ago so they might have changed their minds). But it would be soooo nice to drop that item so that someone else could pick it up as in DD1, or direct trading to give your mate the item they can use and you cannot. It's a team effort so you should be able to trade amongst the team, at the very least.

Most games have a way to trade. Sure, you'll hear/see people "begging" - this has been blissfully absent in this game, and I will not lie: it's NICE - but the good would outweigh the bad, I think.

As for the host being able to boot anyone, I think there was a problem with trolling hosts before. Being unable to boot the host, though, should definitely be put in - most of them build and there have been issues with 2 or more others coming in, letting the host finish building, then booting him out. If the game ever gets to the point where players can host their own server then they should definitely be able to boot anyone they please. Anyone trolling by that point would make a name for themselves and be avoided.

If you go into a map and there is a level 1 doing that, just leave. Obviously that map and team are going to be a train wreck so go find another.

I'm not sure what the problem is with people idling in town. Sometimes people like to go through their inventory or whatever - they shouldn't be booted just because they're not joining right up again after each map. Many also play solo so they wouldn't be helping you anyway. You can talk in town - try asking around for anyone to join up with you if that's what you're wanting to do. 

I'm all for trading, but it should be very restricted. I suggest taking a page from Diablo 3 on the PC (the console version allows free trading), which only allows the trading of items to people who were in the lobby when it was received. That way people could join up, band together, and have an excuse to go farm gear as a team. At the same time, this would prevent someone from getting crazy good gear handed to them by a high level player and skipping the whole grinding phase.