ChronoTide

Emulator ab1 and ab2?

Yes, you can do it with the two-file emu, but the abilities aren't bound by default.

Open up C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon Defenders\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput.ini in a text editor, like notepad, and add bindings for the following:

"HotKeyTwo | OnRelease HotKeyOff"   ←  This is Abi1
  "HotKeyThree | OnRelease HotKeyOff"  ←  This is Abi2

In my config file, for example, I have them bound to d-pad down and d-pad up, so I have these lines:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",Command="HotKeyTwo | OnRelease HotKeyOff")
  Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",Command="HotKeyThree | OnRelease HotKeyOff")

EDIT: I included a complete set of config files further down the thread :-)

Edited by Plane

Using abi1/abi2 on emu

Step 1: Join the DDRnG Discord and download the emulator from #information
  Step 2: If DD is running, close the game
  Step 3: Run the installer

Controls

http://i.imgur.com/eHnjT3h.png

UPDATED:
  ・ Minus and Equals (not on numpad) will now turn left/right.  You can still use these keys normally for other things.
  ・ Backspace and NumPadPlus let you switch pages when choosing characters.
  ・ Pause key cycles zoom level.
  ・ Deleting characters from the emulator is no longer possible.

New controls that will work in DD 8.4:
  ・ Ctrl-G for host to start wave even if other players / controllers haven't readied up
  ・ Ctrl-P to toggle green dots for "good" items

New controls that will work in DD 8.6:
  ・ Ctrl-O for toggle item quality outlines

NOTE: Updated for DD 8.6!  After the game updates itself, you'll have to reinstall the emulator with the new version.  If you don't reinstall the emulator after the update, some controls may not work properly.

Edited by Plane
update for dd 8.6
  • Thanks 2

I've always used this emulator which lets you pretty much use KB and mouse as normal for alternate heroes, only extra thing I've done is remapped the callout (XBox B button) to activate crystal.

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/guides/51251/better-xbox-controller-emulation?_escaped_fragment_=#!

The download link seems to add an extra http, just remove it.

@Plane quote:

Using abi1/abi2 on emu

Step 1: Download this file

Step 2: If DD is running, close the game
  Step 3: Run the installer

So i've run the installer - DDnt change anything

Copy pasted the code file - now i cant move my heroes and only use abilitys(cant even G)

WHAT am i doing wrong? 

Did you replace the UDKInput.ini file as well?
That is also needed for the emulator to work fine.
I'm using this exact same emulator and it is working fine for me.
I can suggest trying to verify game files and then installing the Emulator.
Just delete the existing emulator files from Binaries\Win32 folder along with UDKInput.ini file from UDKGame\Config folder(take a backup of this file though) and then verify files from steam. 
Check here how to verify files -- https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

I updated the installer and config.

New controls
  ・ Minus and Equals (not on numpad) will now turn left/right.  You can still use these keys normally for other things.
  ・ Backspace and NumPadPlus now let you switch pages when choosing characters.
  ・ Pause key now cycles zoom level.

Other changes
  ・ Deleting characters from the emulator is no longer possible.
  ・ If DD is not installed in the default drive or directory, the installer will no longer claim it's successfully installed the emu.  Instead, it will tell you to edit the BAT file with the correct path.

Hope that makes things work better for people :) 

@Black Mamba quote:

Just delete the existing emulator files from Binaries\Win32 folder along with UDKInput.ini file from UDKGame\Config folder

Ive gotten to the point where nothing works, so il be reinstalling DD tomorow to see if it works lol...  Do i need to "install" the Emulator before running your file Plane?

Edit: Jesus christ... Forum posts are not my friends in how they work lol

Reinstalled DD

Installed "the emu most people use", Adding, replacing the whole deal(SKIP THIS)

Replaced the UDKInput.ini(with the one in Planes download)

Opend "Binaries" - "win32" Copied that into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders\Binaries\Win32"

Ran the "install Emulator"

^ This works, just skip installing "the emu most people use" lol, everything you need is in planes file

That's a bug with controller support in DD, not an emulator bug.  Whichever campaign type you had selected when you added a controller char no longer works until you leave the tavern and come back, and this happens without an emulator as well.

Haven't figured out how to fix that one yet, but it's on my list . . .

After the "emu most people use" didnt work for me after reinstalling win10, i tried this one and it works great - thx

Windows update ver 1803 for win10 causes the one file emulator to fail. Maybe there should an announcement as I’m sure many many people will be needing this.

Updated the emulator for 8.4 to include the new ctrl-G and ctrl-P commands.

This download will also work if you're still on 8.3.  You'll have to reinstall the emulator after 8.4 comes out because updates overwrite your INI files.

(Some people are having problems with emulators in general.  Sorry, I still don't know why.)

Hey plane, i downloaded the emulator you posted, in late may, it worked for about a week with problems until i went on DD the day after and it wouldnt let me activate player 2,3 and 4.  I tried deleting the game and download it again, re-installing the emulator, verifying the steam files and manually copying the files. I have also tired multiple other emulators, verifying the steam files between every attempt.

Been trying to change to an emulator where you need controllers, ran into some trouble there too, but that was more of a plan b if none of this worked.

Is there anything i might have missed, is the problem maybe that i have windows 10 pro? Did a patch for either DD or the emulator release in that time? (29.05.18-05.06.18) ... and if so, wouldnt re-installing the emulator fix this? (Including deleting old emulator files and veryfing the steam files)

Thank you for the help.

A windows 10 patch that came out ~2 months ago bugged out emulators.

Some fixes for that from people who had it were:

• Reinstalling DirectX
  • Reinstalling the drivers for xbox controller

After doing that you would reinstall the emulator to see if it was fixed. This was something made by Microsoft, so there's not much Plane can do to fix it,  so unfortunately you need to tinker with you computer until whatever got messed up gets fixed.