Sign in to follow this  
Flowdie

Where are my gems??

I bought this game, so please help. I did all the old campaigns to Betsy and new to Harbringer. I learned that players who play now receive quests and missions, which you can get a lot of medals and blue currency. (Gems) Can you give me somehow these missions or send me awards, which have long should I get? HELP?

You can I hear do the full campaign run and have a lot of medals on completion.

No gems are part of this, I am also in the same position I can't take my account through the campaign for all these medals. It's just for the brand new starters to get them more quickly up to speed with longer playing players.

That's life buddy.

If you purchased the starter pack of Dungeon Defenders II from the PlayStation store. Your gems should be in your mail box. No purchase require to play Dungeon Defenders II on Steam.

5000 Defenders Medals are rewarded to first time players of completion of the campaign. In the past players were able to earn gems by completing the campaign and a certain kind of quest.

If want to know how to obtain free gems is by signing up to Dungeon Defenders II newsletter.

This also feels a bit unfair for me, I just helped my friend on his free account through the campaign and got 50 odd medals while he got 5000. I never received any medals for completing the campaign back during alpha/beta, and no medals were rewarded upon returning to the game after full release. The medals are absurdly hard to get, why were alpha/beta backers not rewarded with these ?

@Fozzie quote:

You can I hear do the full campaign run and have a lot of medals on completion.

No gems are part of this, I am also in the same position I can't take my account through the campaign for all these medals. It's just for the brand new starters to get them more quickly up to speed with longer playing players.

That's life buddy.

You should actually get 600 gems upon completing boss maps (300 for betsy and 300 for harbinger) if you're playing campaign for the first time.

@vastra quote:

This also feels a bit unfair for me, I just helped my friend on his free account through the campaign and got 50 odd medals while he got 5000. I never received any medals for completing the campaign back during alpha/beta, and no medals were rewarded upon returning to the game after full release. The medals are absurdly hard to get, why were alpha/beta backers not rewarded with these ?

We had plenty of 3X weekend events and more. So I think its fair.

I think it's worse for people who just played a bit, then stopped and they don't get either. But well, they had the opportunity.

Sure, the opportunities might have been there, but taking a break from the game shouldn't mean being alienated from new players like this. Organised a lan party and saw 2 friends gain 6000 medals while me and another just stared at screens gaining 4 medals for every map. That's pretty demotivating as a "returning" player, also raising the question of if it's really worth playing with my friends right now instead of playing higher level maps.

So while there's arguments for both sides of the story, being able to claim the lost campaign points for people who originally paid for the game (before it was free) would be a win-win filter, rewarding loyalty while also leveling the medal gain ever so slightly for very old backers vs free account starters.

Heck they could even make a mentoring program like most mmo's, where you could gain some extra medals for helping new players through the campaign.