Sign in to follow this  
Plane

'Detonate Traps' should open Jester presents when you're in the tavern

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I'm not sure where the existing discussion is.  I hope it's okay making a new thread :)

For new players, it seems like it's impossible to test out Jester presents in the tavern.  I think this is a problem, because Jesters should be able to try out their towers and see what they're like on the dummy, just like anyone else.

It's actually not impossible, though, which I think most veteran players already know, because you can use a bug with the EV 'Holographic Decoy' skill to open the presents.  This is kind of tedious and takes a while, and it definitely feels like a bug when you do it.  People love doing it, though, because you can spawn ogres and junk items, which is really silly but kind of fun.

I think that 'Detonate Traps' should open presents in the tavern.  I know that when I was a new player, that was the first thing I tried.  Also, I think that they probably shouldn't have ogres, junk items, or mana inside (when opened in the tavern).  Dropping junk items on the tavern floor definitely feels like a bug that should be fixed, at any rate.

If people are really attached to being able to spawn ogres in the tavern, we could intentionally preserve the original behavior when presents are opened in the tavern via damage, so ogres have a chance to spawn.  That way people could have their fun,and other people could test out their Jester towers fairly easily :)

Alternatively, the CDT could fix the 'Holographic Decoy' bug at the same time as making 'Detonate Traps' open presents in the tavern.

What do you think?

I like the idea. Also I had no idea you could open jester towers with an ev. I need to try that lol

@Black Mamba quote:

I also need to have the ability to spawn Ogres in the Tavern. :D

These are the changes I've put in:

・ 'Detonate Traps' can now open presents (in tavern only)
 ・ EV decoy bug still works, and you can use it to spawn ogres in tavern (a bug, but everyone likes it)
 ・ When presents are opened with 'Detonate Traps', they never spawn ogres
 ・ Presents do not drop junk items in the tavern

This will make it easier to test Jester towers in the tavern.  Hopefully everyone is okay with these changes since they don't affect the game at all unless you use the new feature :)

・ When presents are opened with 'Detonate Traps', they never spawn ogres

Detonating presents should spawn Ogres, IMO. The EV method is very time consuming and doesn't even result in success most of the time! Reliable way to spawn Ogres please! squire_small.png

・ Presents do not drop junk items in the tavern

About time!

KEEP THE OGRES AND MAKE THEM SCALE WITH TOWER DAMAGE

*EVIL LAUGHS* AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(yes I'm serious, make them scale please :'(

Yes, please.

Although since there are only two things you could get out of the present in a tavern (defenses and ogres), with two different methods of getting them (detonate and decoy), and one of them is guaranteed (defense/detonate)... could the other method guarantee the other thing? *puppy-dog eyes*