Trading Is Important

Hey guys, I'll make this short and sweet. Any game like this where you obtain loot and do not allow trading is a shame. It creates an economy, give aways, generosity, ability to help your friends, etc.

I realize there are some very real draw backs to having a trading system. D3 even proved it is possible to create a game without trading... but no thanks. That's why I started playing PoE.

I was in the Beta for this game, and I love DD1... just please Trendy. Give us trading? Put it on the board. Make a time line to implement it, and work towards that. Player wise, it feels ***ty to see drops that you 'know' could help your friend. Seeing that one drop your friend has been waiting for. I'd love to trade it to him. It's really that simple.

Thanks for listening and making a unique and fun game. I always come back from time to time to see what you guys have implemented over time and throw some money your way. Keep up the great work!

And if a complete trading scene isn't an option, maybe take a page of Diablo 3's book by letting people trade the items with the people who were in the game when it was found for X hours.

Or trade it with anyone for X hours. Just ideas.

I 100% agree that games with loot need trading. D3 showed us it can go wrong if not implements correctly. But there are literally hundreds of other games that have modeled the correct way to do it.

It's not like Trendy cares whether people get gear way past their level for free anyway. If they did they would not allow low iPwr players to group with high iPwr players in high zones.

Excuse me but what you are actually trying to suggest is not a Trading System. Rather, a Gifting System for Gear drops. (Based on your description)

But in all honesty, I don't agree that we should have a Trading System.

You can practically rip off anyone loads of in-game currency in this game since most of the time the gear people are after is at least near-perfect and we know just how incredibly rare the right gear in this game is. Following the rule of Rarity = Money.

It's just, it will be too damn easy to hit the power cap this way. I could just throw a few bucks on the game, buy Gems, look for a seller and boom easy gear with little time spent in the game. Then you'll go ask yourself what are you gonna do now because you just bought everything you were suppose to play for. After that people would just start leaving because they find the game completely boring except for a the few that plays to grind and get the perfect gear.

You just won't be able to enjoy the game for a long time UNLESS Trendy could keep you satisfied with a continous stream of updates and stuff to do with your Gear that was achieved with absolutely no effort.

In short, the game would have a short life unless Trendy could keep the community occupied by updating the game regularly that makes you play the game a lot more time. Trust me, people will get easily bored.

So... DOWN WITH TRADING, GO WITH GIFTING!

If you want to help a friend, all you do is go onto Onslaught, have your friend join and AFK, and they will get the gear they need.  Trading would be ugly in DD2.

Though there are merits of a trading system, the ones that are explained here contradict the structure of DD2 as it stands now.  What we neglect to understand here is that gear has three stats, one main and two defense/hero stats.  Now if there were more stats on any one item we could see the merits of implementing trading, but currently it is too easy to find gear.  The only exception to this would be the bonuses to specific towers (like exploding harpoons) which are harder to come by, but even so you can still find them given enough time in any Nightmare match.

However, gifting would be worth it.  A system like this could be as simple as allowing messages to be sent to other players and allowing for attachments on those messages.  Creating a whole trading system would not be worth the labor.

Running around and repairing is similar to AFK play.  Literally running around pressing R and then clicking the left mouse button does not really constitute as being active in my book. Plus I never said this was something I do.

Additionally, what I was saying about AFK was a suggestion on getting around the "this item would help a friend" dilemma without needing Trendy to implement an entire trading system.  I don't actually agree with AFK players (if you can even call them players).

No need to get defensive and snarky.

@Lostenese@gmail.com quote:

uhhhhh??? AFK?? you've been used like a pet LOL. Oh, yea.. my friends, just sit there and while I build the defense, repair them and run around the map.  And all you've to do is AFk. Lol, that what lazy people would say.

@papafhill quote:

If you want to help a friend, all you do is go onto Onslaught, have your friend join and AFK, and they will get the gear they need.  Trading would be ugly in DD2.

Though there are merits of a trading system, the ones that are explained here contradict the structure of DD2 as it stands now.  What we neglect to understand here is that gear has three stats, one main and two defense/hero stats.  Now if there were more stats on any one item we could see the merits of implementing trading, but currently it is too easy to find gear.  The only exception to this would be the bonuses to specific towers (like exploding harpoons) which are harder to come by, but even so you can still find them given enough time in any Nightmare match.

However, gifting would be worth it.  A system like this could be as simple as allowing messages to be sent to other players and allowing for attachments on those messages.  Creating a whole trading system would not be worth the labor.