Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

O-A!

@Terror En Pie quote:

Burning Hot here, still waiting for the new inventory. you ?

Who wants some beef Burned in the sun?

Super well-rested. That was the longest I've ever been away from The Hustle. My mental health is so much better now.

I'll take two sun-burned Beefs, plz.

Welcome back! Monthlong vacations are just the best. I've spend my time ploughing though my backlog... Nope been hooked on Overwatch xD

WB [[4370,users]]! Glad you had a very good Vacation & that your mental Health is better! I, too, am excited to find out when the new inventory & passive update will be here! 

Some say that Blacksmith took over the whole studio while everyone was away & made all the changes to the game that he ever wanted! Of course...this is just hearsay and no actual evidence has been recovered... yet... :-P 

Happy new year to you, isom, and everyone else there @Trendent and the whole DD1, DDE, DD2 community!

Welcome back! We (I) are (am) doing very well! the game is getting better and better!

Looking forward to some streams and updates in the coming month/weeks :)

PS 3x roller wave down vs non bug abuse dps (crane stance/bewitching hour/harbinger polearm), I actually got an adrenaline rush the first time i encountered this on Bastille defense after removing my crane stance spheres! though successful, my recording of it failed qq. was truly an epic experience!

So my criticism of that was wrong, though it does go against [[48971,users]]'s concept of less marginally different heroes of the same class, it took 2x (would be easy with 3x) melee monk purely to get more pet cooldown usage. Without that it wouldn't have been possible. 

Big Boy EV2 dps can do this very easily without multi pets, but not sure how balanced EV2 dps is in general or if any bugs are present. EV2 big boy/bots and beam (though at least beam doesn't work on rollers) seems to be leagues ahead of all other dps excluding crane stance/bewitching hour bug abuse.

@Zimmermann quote:

Welcome back! We (I) are (am) doing very well! the game is getting better and better!

Looking forward to some streams and updates in the coming month/weeks :)

PS 3x roller wave down vs non bug abuse dps (crane stance/bewitching hour/harbinger polearm), I actually got an adrenaline rush the first time i encountered this on Bastille defense after removing my crane stance spheres! though successful, my recording of it failed qq. was truly an epic experience!

So my criticism of that was wrong, though it does go against blacksmith's concept of less marginally different heroes of the same class, it took 2x (would be easy with 3x) melee monk purely to get more pet cooldown usage. Without that it wouldn't have been possible. 

Big Boy EV2 dps can do this very easily without multi pets, but not sure how balanced EV2 dps is in general or if any bugs are present. EV2 big boy/bots and beam (though at least beam doesn't work on rollers) seems to be leagues ahead of all other dps excluding crane stance/bewitching hour bug abuse.

Looks like we have some bugs to fix! Thanks for being so kickass in 2016. Can't wait to see more bug reports and feedback from you in 2017.

@Argick quote:

Welcome back! Monthlong vacations are just the best. I've spend my time ploughing though my backlog... Nope been hooked on Overwatch xD

My wife's little brother is addicted to Overwatch, so I binged on that, too. GOTY 2016 no doubt.

iamisom well all this talk and i never actually reported either of them as bugs :O

How it slipped my mind I do not know, anyway the bewitching hour bug was reported already and i just added the crane stance one.

I must say however, once you nerf these bugs you will get a massive backlash almost as big as the siege roller itself as people start failing to be able to kill them.

It will also cause everyone to switch to the harbinger polearm #1 ability spam, forcing another round of players making 2+ heroes dedicated to just that weapon to kill the siege roller. in addition to that, people will flock even more so to the unending power of EV2 dps, as EV2 beam will by far the most powerful single target damage, while big boy spam will be the easiest way to kill siege rollers.

I am not sure where mystic and dryad will fit in, in all of this. but it might be wise to fix those bugs with a "balancing" of dps classes in general.

@iamisom quote:
@Argick quote:

My wife's little brother is addicted to Overwatch, so I binged on that, too. GOTY 2016 no doubt.

I've got too many games that are GOTY 2016 but Overwatch is most definitely in there.

Not all of us are using the crane and bewitch bugs to down the rollers but it IS forcing a particular kind of DPS hero. In a way, it's reminiscent of the DD1 Nightmare modes, where you'd build a special DPS hero for NM.

At the moment, I'm using an ability 'Witch... with a Wayfarer weapon to boot. Three rollers is not a problem but I have to keep this 'Witch in my deck because my other heroes can only handle one or two rollers in the same amount of time the 'Witch can take down all three. [nothing spectacular, DPS with Book is just barely half a mil]

The rollers are also making me solo a lot more. Firstly, the roller's health scales with the number of players so doing this solo is easier [like the Althame Incursion]. Secondly, it avoids me having to carry the whole thing if they use other than DPS heroes. Lastly... I don't have to hit G then wait one whole minute or risk getting kicked off the map. If I'm not the only one doing this, doesn't bode well for a growing player base.

Oh and that multi-builder lag is getting to be really annoying.

EV2 has been my fav hero in DD2 since she (or it?) came onto the scene. Siege Roller is yet another reason why I like this hero so much! LOL I'd say keep Series EV2 as is & buff other heroes to her (its) level. :-) BTW - I recently 1 shot KO 1 Siege Roller with EV2. That was very exciting for me & the other 3 in the match were astounded! The next time I tried, I reacted too quickly & the tactic that won before, failed. So, it's all about timing and placement. That is a good thing :-)

[[94093,users]] - I've tried using her MDL and her Atomic Madness, both seem to have failed. But, maybe I shot the wrong place? Have you tried either of those?

@SpiderDanX quote:

Dreamanime - I've tried using her MDL and her Atomic Madness, both seem to have failed. But, maybe I shot the wrong place? Have you tried either of those?

I tried shortly, but got wrecked by his rockets :D maybe i should invest into abit of HP.

@dreamanime quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Dreamanime - I've tried using her MDL and her Atomic Madness, both seem to have failed. But, maybe I shot the wrong place? Have you tried either of those?

I tried shortly, but got wrecked by his rockets :D maybe i should invest into abit of HP.

LOL yeah...I made a 2nd DPS EV2 with HH + AP awhile back. She can withstand a few rocket blows or 1 Ogre stomp.

Sorry for off topic! but I wanted to bring some light to this bug asap.

iamisom dani I just reported this on the bug website, but please fix harbinger's Punch when you fix crane stance and bewitching hour.

I knew it was broken after watching Juicebags killing a siege roller naked with it, but I had not tested it myself.

Here is my test: 

Please excuse my awful positioning, this was the first time i ever used the weapon or even pole smash for that matter!