Sign in to follow this  
Atherial

(suggestion for mini-game) Chess 2.0 expanded

Basic Concept

So im back with this concept again people did like it and now that i hit the beta (thanks kilted and gunnar for dragging me on) i have tested and see a perfect opportunity that if i am not mistake could be done rather easily. So in the area above the tavern but not the tower i constructed this chess board with darkness traps and ethereal spike traps though it ran into one issue, that being there is a area you are unable to build in due to the crystal being below it. So i thought you can change the themes and even at this time we are seeing themes that are being combined (known bug) you could place a little warrior or ideally chess piece in the top area where you change seasons and music. When activated all it places is a basic chess board to the area. the chess board does not have to be complex just black and white tiles that fill the entire zone. it could even replace the floor texture on that lower area not even needing a another 3d model since that area is lowered it would look great. another thing holding this back is the fact that the MU in the tavern is too low to fill a full board with pieces. But i will go into the gameplay and how i suppose this could work tiles wise.

0abdc1f7bc.jpg

Gameplay Basics

This game revolves just like normal chess with each playing taking a turn to start each player has there minions

• 10x - archer
  • 2x - lightning tower
  • 2x - orc
  • 2x - spider
  • 1x - mage
  • 1x - warrior

players can move pieces by using left click and clicking the ( - ) key to make the selection the size of one minion. they can then use the commands to move tiles when a piece is removed it will be walked over into a sectioned off physical beam area that will act as a graveyard. You may be wondering how will they move the lighting tower then atherial, well to answer that they don't either the host of the tournament will be playing on a mage to sell and re place the tower or you will use a jester for move tower. 

To tell the difference between each teams pieces we will apply upgrades to one entire side but not the other this way there will be no confusion.

The Pieces

The Pawn
756728250a.png

The Bishop
e2124d6a17.png

The Knight
adc90313e5.png

The Tower
453b588fe2.png

The Queen
0dfac60c18.png

The King
b09e07cb60.png

Conclusion

Here is my basic idea please note that i do not know the technical issues with making a board and bumping up DU. But nexus did say he wanted to maybe do some mini games and well here i have updating on a past idea with more solid ideas and a bit more testing behind it. I also think it would be a cool idea to make another game concept that has more to do with DD where 1 side is the old ones army's and the other side are setting up towers but that can be done after once a board is built. another issue that i see is placing minions on that one side of the place where you are unable to summon making all this irrelevant i looked to see if there was a map on ranked that would be good to do something like this on but failed to find anything with either the DU and the space since the board needs to be made from either beams or traps. Another nice thing about having it in the tavern is if you want live people watching you could host it as a shop named "Winter Chess Tournament". That way you can have 

• the 2 players
  • the judge (mage)
  • 17 watchers seeing what is going on

So let me know what you think of this expanded on idea. hope we at least get closer to mini games so i can "afk" in my tavern and do something.

> Atherial

Not a bad idea there and it was something discussed as a possible option in the upstairs space.  

Setting up a system like this that would be more akin to Karazahn from World of Warcraft will probably be a bit more efficient. Mini-games will be more explored in Update 4, though. Right now we wanted to get all the bumps out of the tavern as it is now, but this chess idea will definitely get marked down on the list. 

@Nexus quote:

Not a bad idea there and it was something discussed as a possible option in the upstairs space.  

Setting up a system like this that would be more akin to Karazahn from World of Warcraft will probably be a bit more efficient. Mini-games will be more explored in Update 4, though. Right now we wanted to get all the bumps out of the tavern as it is now, but this chess idea will definitely get marked down on the list. 

ah karazhan was a great raid back in the day. the chess event was a pretty great encounter. honestly that entire raid was a massive success. remember taht squid staff :D