Sign in to follow this  
russman

[WTA] Arm Guard of Radiation

Well thanks to Atlas' Christmas Giveaway, I now have the Arm Guard of Radiation event item. I've been playing DD1 for many years but I never really got into the events for whatever reason. I'd most like these to go to a player who has been wanting these for a long time. So this auction will be a bit different.  

Special Rules:

1. Old timers only. I'm not going to give specific criteria for what an old timer is vs a newbie so PM me if you are not sure if you are an old timer.

2. Matching bids are allowed. So if person A bids a Cavalry, then others can subsequently bid a Cavalry as well.

3. No sniping. I won't give an exact end time so hopefully this won't be a problem. It will just end suddenly. :)

4. While not required, a sob story about how much you've wanted Rads or missed out on them etc could help you win (see WINNER SELECTION). But your sob story will need to be confirmed in this thread by another old timer.

Winner selection:

You need to bid the max bid to win but since matching bids are allowed, the winner will be picked at random from the group of players that have bid the max bid. You can increase your winning chances thus:

1. If you were the first person to bid at the winning bid level, then you have an extra chance to win.

2. If you have a confirmed sob story, you have an extra chance to win.

Accepted Currency:

I'm only interested in traced event items that I would actually put on my characters today. For example, Cavalry, Magicite, Rainmaker, NPC etc. 

• Rainmaker - 200 cv
  • Magicite - 100 cv
  • NPC - 70 cv
  • Cavalry - 40 cv
  • Vortex Shield/Hammer - 25 cv each

Current Max Bid:        Magicite, NPC, Cavalry & VORTEX SET   -   MASHKA

I never really got into the events for whatever reason.  I'd most like these to go to a player who has been wanting these for a long time. => Enters a contest with only event items

"I'm only interested in event items that I would actually put on my characters today. For example, Cavalry, Magicite, Rainmaker, Celebration hats etc. "

wut

Old timers only. I'm not going to give specific criteria for what an old timer is vs a newbie so PM me if you are not sure if you are an old timer.

tl;dr: dunno dafuq I'm reading

@Kirbykiller quote:

I never really got into the events for whatever reason.  I'd most like these to go to a player who has been wanting these for a long time. => Enters a contest with only event items

"I'm only interested in event items that I would actually put on my characters today. For example, Cavalry, Magicite, Rainmaker, Celebration hats etc. "

wut

Old timers only. I'm not going to give specific criteria for what an old timer is vs a newbie so PM me if you are not sure if you are an old timer.

tl;dr: dunno dafuq I'm reading

I'm happy to elaborate on areas that might not be clear.

"I never really got into the events for whatever reason." -> This means I didn't run the events back in the day even though I was around and playing DD1.  Yes, I did enter a contest to win an event item.  Is that confusing to you?

I'm interested in usable event items now.  I don't have most of them because (see sentence above).

"Old timers only" -> I'm not trying to get rich here.  I'd like these to go to someone who really wants them as a collector.  I'm sure you understand that there are people that are easily hacking cubes and coal and probably even Ult++.  By restricting it to old timers and restricting my acceptable currency to traceable event items, that should cut out those types.

@russman quote:
@johan_kid quote:

53 mana and a thumbs down.

Not sure I follow you.  Care to explain?

It is just not the first time event items have been given away only to be auctioned shortly after. It can make the giver feel a bit stupid, as if the receiver only participated in the contest to become wealthier. Reading your response to Kirby it makes a bit more sense. It is your item and you are free to do with it as you wish. I will stop posting now. Good luck with the auction.

@russman quote: I'm sure you understand that there are people that are easily hacking cubes and coal and probably even Ult++.  By restricting it to old timers and restricting my acceptable currency to traceable event items, that should cut out those types.

I get it and I like your style

Although i am not bidding as I have one and therefore have no sob story. I wish you the best and I hope someone will win it and treasure it and I hope you get something you can use

@mkjo quote:
I get it and I like your style

Although i am not bidding as I have one and therefore have no sob story. I wish you the best and I hope someone will win it and treasure it and I hope you get something you can use

Thanks for the kind words.

Just to be clear, a sob story isn't required but it will give you a better chance of winning if we end in a tie and the winner is selected at random.  I'll update my original post to make this clear.