Sign in to follow this  
Low Well

Now Is A Great Time For New Players To Get Into DD2!

I started playing this game last week and I LOVE IT! I couldn't believe I had never heard of this game until now. When I started the game I had no idea how to play, the tutorial didn't work and brought me straight to the tavern, were the war table was also bugged and I couldn't press E on it so I had to restart my game. BUT THAT'S OK! Because after I logged back in I had a black screen that lasted a long enough time for me to catch up on some YouTube videos that I was dying to watch! Thanks for giving me the time to do so! Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to the server no matter how many times I tried going to town, so I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. BUT THIS TIME IT WORKED!... A little better because I was finally able to get into town. However, my dinosaur of an Alienware x51 just wasn't able to run the game. So I had to play on the lowest graphics and windowed to try and stop the frame drops. But this game just showed me that it was high time to get a new PC because I was still experiencing lag and frame rate issues! I've got to thank Trendy for that wake up call! But none of that is really important, because after many many numerous tries I was able to get into a game, and the game was a great experience. I really enjoyed playing the campaign, setting up towers on various maps, learning which towers went well together. It was truly fun realizing that the apprentice flame tower could catch enemy's on fire if I threw an oil flask from my Huntress. Or that using a shock trap after dousing the enemy's in water from a geyser trap would get this cool shock effect to help slow enemy's. The game was constantly bombarding me with new loot, giving me pets and various skill effects, and new maps that forced me to change up my game plan every level. I really enjoyed those first few hours.

Once you beat the campaign is where the fun really starts! All the fun you had trying out tower combos and swapping between your hero's, throw all that *** out! You won't need it :D! The best way to play is to just set up a PDT, stack your squire out with Defense health, and only equip your monk with a specific weapon to use a specific skill on your serenity aura. Welcome to the meta! Watch as the enemy's explode as soon as they step out of the spawn leaving you to twiddle your thumbs and alt tab to that Netflix show you've been meaning to watch! Kill two birds with one stone :D! But don't get too comfortable, Trendy just released an extra exciting new feature to the game to keep you on your toes, The Siege Roller! This ingenious new enemy has tons of health that you won't be able to get through with your low ipwr, destroys all the traps you shouldn't have set because that's not meta, and completely negates the tower damage of this game you thought was a tower defense game! Watch as this well thought out enemy spawns in any lane with a weapon that shoots over those walls you spent one character dedicated to, and straight on to the core! But watch out! If they hit your character while you're not playing a tank, you will die in one shot! Exciting! Never a dull moment in this game as everything could be going perfectly fine, then 3 of these guys show up at home stretch! Trendy does a great job of reminding players to never be complacent, and that RNJesus hates us all equally! But don't worry my fellow new warriors, as the Forums are filled with information to help you combat these treacherous foes. All you have to do is check the latest post were a player with 1000+ Hours, 750+Ipwr, the best gear and knowledge of were to get it, will tell you to use this character you don't have, with a gear set you can't earn, and various strategies you can't implement. And when those obvious factors are finally relayed to them, wait in excitement for them to reply "find someone to help you!" :D! Isn't that great! Now instead of playing yourself, you can WATCH as someone plays the game for you! Just so that, one day, you'll be able to play the game yourself! Possibly!

If you had any doubts about trying this game, put them away my friend! Assuming you account isn't bugged to unplayability like countless others from a bug that spans back 6 months ago, you're going to enjoy the heck out of at least 8 hours of a great campaign! Then you can enjoy at least 5-6 NM4 waves before RNJesus reminds you that you're unloved and that you must sacrifice your enjoyment to appease him like the others before you :D! GL and HF!

Oh and about that bug! Don't bother trying to send a support ticket, because they'll just reply that they're aware of the bug and would really appreciate you sending your logs so they can continue the 6 month investigation! But hey, at least you'll get a timely response!

@Low Well quote:

I started playing this game last week and I LOVE IT! I couldn't believe I had never heard of this game until now. When I started the game I had no idea how to play, the tutorial didn't work and brought me straight to the tavern, were the war table was also bugged and I couldn't press E on it so I had to restart my game. BUT THAT'S OK! Because after I logged back in I had a black screen that lasted a long enough time for me to catch up on some YouTube videos that I was dying to watch! Thanks for giving me the time to do so! Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to the server no matter how many times I tried going to town, so I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. BUT THIS TIME IT WORKED!... A little better because I was finally able to get into town. However, my dinosaur of an Alienware x51 just wasn't able to run the game. So I had to play on the lowest graphics and windowed to try and stop the frame drops. But this game just showed me that it was high time to get a new PC because I was still experiencing lag and frame rate issues! I've got to thank Trendy for that wake up call! But none of that is really important, because after many many numerous tries I was able to get into a game, and the game was a great experience. I really enjoyed playing the campaign, setting up towers on various maps, learning which towers went well together. It was truly fun realizing that the apprentice flame tower could catch enemy's on fire if I threw an oil flask from my Huntress. Or that using a shock trap after dousing the enemy's in water from a geyser trap would get this cool shock effect to help slow enemy's. The game was constantly bombarding me with new loot, giving me pets and various skill effects, and new maps that forced me to change up my game plan every level. I really enjoyed those first few hours.

Once you beat the campaign is where the fun really starts! All the fun you had trying out tower combos and swapping between your hero's, throw all that *** out! You won't need it :D! The best way to play is to just set up a PDT, stack your squire out with Defense health, and only equip your monk with a specific weapon to use a specific skill on your serenity aura. Welcome to the meta! Watch as the enemy's explode as soon as they step out of the spawn leaving you to twiddle your thumbs and alt tab to that Netflix show you've been meaning to watch! Kill two birds with one stone :D! But don't get too comfortable, Trendy just released an extra exciting new feature to the game to keep you on your toes, The Siege Roller! This ingenious new enemy has tons of health that you won't be able to get through with your low ipwr, destroys all the traps you shouldn't have set because that's not meta, and completely negates the tower damage of this game you thought was a tower defense game! Watch as this well thought out enemy spawns in any lane with a weapon that shoots over those walls you spent one character dedicated to, and straight on to the core! But watch out! If they hit your character while you're not playing a tank, you will die in one shot! Exciting! Never a dull moment in this game as everything could be going perfectly fine, then 3 of these guys show up at home stretch! Trendy does a great job of reminding players to never be complacent, and that RNJesus hates us all equally! But don't worry my fellow new warriors, as the Forums are filled with information to help you combat these treacherous foes. All you have to do is check the latest post were a player with 1000+ Hours, 750+Ipwr, the best gear and knowledge of were to get it, will tell you to use this character you don't have, with a gear set you can't earn, and various strategies you can't implement. And when those obvious factors are finally relayed to them, wait in excitement for them to reply "find someone to help you!" :D! Isn't that great! Now instead of playing yourself, you can WATCH as someone plays the game for you! Just so that, one day, you'll be able to play the game yourself! Possibly!

If you had any doubts about trying this game, put them away my friend! Assuming you account isn't bugged to unplayability like countless others from a bug that spans back 6 months ago, you're going to enjoy the heck out of at least 8 hours of a great campaign! Then you can enjoy at least 5-6 NM4 waves before RNJesus reminds you that you're unloved and that you must sacrifice your enjoyment to appease him like the others before you :D! GL and HF!

Oh and about that bug! Don't bother trying to send a support ticket, because they'll just reply that they're aware of the bug and would really appreciate you sending your logs so they can continue the 6 month investigation! But hey, at least you'll get a timely response!

Merry Xmas! :) 

But on a serious note I've never had any kind of performance issues....I have a fairly high-end system.

Is a bug open for that?

This is a very well seasoned post, maybe just a touch more pepper!

Performance issues do not sound familiar at all, bar multiplayer lag (which they have repeatedly said the know about and have fixes incoming in one of the next updates after the holiday period). As a white Knight I shall parry your attack, and suggest you check your hardware^^

re the siege roller, I have written up an entire guide on how to beat him, even if 3 spawn. The only time RNjesus has any hand in the matter is on solo power surge incursion if multiple siege rollers spawn.

ps. I never use PDT's or in fact any of the new Heroes either, I have completed every map on every difficulty with Monk, squire, apprentice builders only and only monk and squire DPS.