Sign in to follow this  
Caimen0

[WTG] Temple of Polybius Giveaway - Rule Change

Hello, everyone! Temple of Polybius has arrived on the beta, and with it comes this giveaway! (Take a look at the beta notes if you haven't already!)

As some are aware, (and many more aren't), Temple of Polybius is a crazy map that really pushes the limits of your DPS characters like few other maps around. Because of the difficulty, some players simply don't have the DPS characters to combat this map effectively, but that is why this giveaway has arrived.

So how's it work?

It's pretty simple: Get the ogre (minion) with the highest amount of kills possible. The map doesn't matter. The difficulty doesn't matter. Show us the ogre minion with the highest amount of kills you can get on it!

The rules regarding allowable maps has been changed, see here for the modified list. Please read the changes before wasting your time on banned maps.

Here's an example screenshot for entry:
SXVRMqt.jpg

The contest will end roughly a day after the release of Temple of Polybius to the live environment. Check back later for a hopefully more concrete date.

Current End Date: Soon™
Current Leader for Grand Prize: DJ with 88,966

What prizes are there?

If you have the ogre with the most kills, you get the grand prize:

E15qDVP.jpg

Anyone who has participated in the contest (except the Grand Prize winner) will be randomly entered for the following sets:

4KjjrbM.jpg

ICbJmkc.jpg

vMtbTkX.jpg

eGQvFnm.jpg

gDgRgWY.jpg

XbcuwNi.jpg

e9fGI3v.jpg

Feel free to ask me in group chat or message me on steam if you have any questions.

Good luck in your runs and have fun!

>Steam forums thread link

@SupHomie quote:

are we able to use open armor, because i can't seem to get my up to date characters.

The only "open" armor I will allow is is Tavern Armory shipment level items. (if you can get that to work on Beta)

While I'm not entering this giveaway, its pretty interesting... and grindy! :-D
So, here's a few humble tips for people willing to participate --

• Maximize the number of mob counts in your game by bringing in extras.
  • Go for maps that have plenty of choke points and fewer spawn points.
  • If I were you I would think out of the box -- you need kills, you need plenty of them, go for maps that have a potential to run forever! ;-)

Good luck all! May the best Ogre win! :-D

After windows 10 did a randome update i no longer have the motivation to feed Shrek.

http://imgur.com/a/k6z8E

Thanks for amazing giveaway :) 

@Sam116 quote:

After windows 10 did a randome update i no longer have the motivation to feed Shrek.

lul sam what happened to your posts? O.o

@Hypernut101 quote:

@russman quote:

I'm assuming he meant only campaign maps but he didn't specify.  Any clarification on this Caimeno?

Caimen said surv is allowed

So campaign and survival are ok, but what about challenges?

@Caimen0 quote:

So how's it work?

It's pretty simple: Get the ogre (minion) with the highest amount of kills possible. The map doesn't matter. The difficulty doesn't matter. Show us the ogre minion with the highest amount of kills you can get on it!

@russman quote:

@Hypernut101 quote:

@russman quote:

I'm assuming he meant only campaign maps but he didn't specify.  Any clarification on this Caimeno?

Caimen said surv is allowed

So campaign and survival are ok, but what about challenges?

As you may already read, the map doesnt matter. thats a clear definition [[46987,users]] :)

@[Ger] Michili quote:

@Sam116 quote:

lul sam what happened to your posts? O.o

No idea forums forced me to enter my email everything on my "old" account got deleted.

My Entry

so i have done the impossible, i have managed to grant the ogre the best number of kill and that number being 1 below i will show how i managed such a feat. so first we have the lower area set up

52b9decb62.png

i placed aura stacks of only strength drain and lighting auras. a few proton beams to catch the tricky ones that slip past since you dont want the ogre hitting more than 1 monster. Then i spawned the ogre on wave 4/5 where one monster spawns from the top area. Then waited till he walked over and got hit by our ogre.

f2671a1d1b.png

So here we are with my entry to the giveaway.

96a8408a79.png

have a good day i wish everyone luck on the drawing or leaving your computer on for years to get enough kills to win the grand set.

@russman quote:

Thanks so much for sharing your build!!!  I've been struggling with this map for weeks!!

no problem not sure if this works for Hard bt it sure did work for easy