Sign in to follow this  
deadringers

750 Gunwitch weapon trash?

Hey all,

I seem to do about 100k LESS DPS with the 750 weapon that you buy from wayfairer...

Is this right?

I thought a 750 weapon (upgraded to the max) with hero dmg and crit would be better than a 690 weapon with 2x3 firing rate..

Is this a bug?

I get similar results. I believe others have too. The TOTAL DPS against multiple might be better but that depends on the bouncing bullets hitting another target 100% of the time.

i just tell you only ! don't tell others !

those professional gun witches use hammar 1

those nxxx gun witches use shark gun

no its how attack speed is more important then stats on weapon. Atm i look for EV2 weapon myself, and magnus projector is best, that has 3x4 attack speed is ways supirior even on a grey weapon compared to a legendary with 100 ipwr more. Same goes for all Huntress bows, the higher Attacking rate/more arrows the better dps.

@misachii87 quote:

no its how attack speed is more important then stats on weapon. Atm i look for EV2 weapon myself, and magnus projector is best, that has 3x4 attack speed is ways supirior even on a grey weapon compared to a legendary with 100 ipwr more. Same goes for all Huntress bows, the higher Attacking rate/more arrows the better dps.

Right - and that's what I'm saying.

I have an 8x1 = 8 weapon...

but that gives lower DPS than an 2x3 = 6 weapon....

how?!

@deadringers quote:

@misachii87 quote:

how?!

some intern dmg calculation written poorly i guess the dmg calculation calculates the dmg per tick, ie attack sequence, thus every weapon deals its full dmg per attack rate which leads to this rather strange behavior. Not only are weapons with fast attack speed better for aiming as you can basically spray them, they also better for dps XD

@misachii87 quote:

@deadringers quote:

@misachii87 quote:

how?!

some intern dmg calculation written poorly i guess the dmg calculation calculates the dmg per tick, ie attack sequence, thus every weapon deals its full dmg per attack rate which leads to this rather strange behavior. Not only are weapons with fast attack speed better for aiming as you can basically spray them, they also better for dps XD

They've also basically flattened it across attack speed and projectiles. Faster speeds/more projectiles are only better because they "feel better" and have better chances to proc effects. Well, some still have slightly higher damage rights, such as the Burst 4 bow. At least last time I saw the math done for it.

Don't forget about the accuracy trade-off. I'd fully expect an inacurrate shotgun spread to be better dps at point blank than a highly accurate rapid fire gun in a videogame. That shotgun dps falls off pretty quick when bullets aren't hitting their target though.

@deadringers quote:

@misachii87 quote:

how?!

More projectiles/firerate = less damage per projectile.

@misachii87 quote:

I have a green ipwr 700 bow - 4x 4/s burst, and its DPS matches my near-perfect armored cleanser. Only reason i use armored cleanser is because it increases damage from all sources.

@gigazelle quote:

@misachii87 quote:

I have a green ipwr 700 bow - 4x 4/s burst, and its DPS matches my near-perfect armored cleanser. Only reason i use armored cleanser is because it increases damage from all sources.

mhh exactly on huntress my best bows are midas with 4/s x1 and toxic schock with 4/s x6. The important part seems to be the attack rate per second, and not amount arrows afterwards per shot.

Simply put it, Terraria weapons are good starter options and better than most of the weapons each character has. Incursion weapons or weapons with certain firerate or projectile pattern simply have benefits that outweigh the default stats given to Terraria weapons.

@Random Asian quote:

Simply put it, Terraria weapons are good starter options and better than most of the weapons each character has. Incursion weapons or weapons with certain firerate or projectile pattern simply have benefits that outweigh the default stats given to Terraria weapons.

but gunwitch does not have any special weapons but this one.

ie normal grey trash weapon is better then this event weapon if rolled the right attack rate.

So it seems you are all split on whether this new "perfect" 750 weapon is better or not.

But I can tell you from testing on the Training Dummies it puts out about 100k dps less than other weapons. 

@misachii87 quote:
mhh exactly on huntress my best bows are midas with 4/s x1 and toxic schock with 4/s x6. The important part seems to be the attack rate per second, and not amount arrows afterwards per shot.

Hmmm you found a 4/s Bling o Midas? Screen Shot or it didn't happen :) Or am I missing something here? Did this bow get changed to be 4/sec?

@Juicebags quote:

@misachii87 quote:

Hmmm you found a 4/s Bling o Midas? Screen Shot or it didn't happen :) Or am I missing something here? Did this bow get changed to be 4/sec?

my bad, its 2/s sometimes just out of the head is wrong^^ but midas has a nice passive that makes up for its low attack frequency.

Ok, you guys are getting the megashark expecting it to be a left click blender of doom. It's not. If you're trying to use it with a hero damage/hero crit build, you're gonna have a bad time. If you're trying to use it with a hero damage/ability power build, you're gonna have a bad time. Where this weapon shines (relative to the other builds), aside from maybe trash clear, is in an ability power/crit damage build with as much crit chance as possible and the sphere that reduces ability cooldowns per crit.

Tl;dr - Try the Megashark out for ability power crit based builds. It's bad for hero crit/hero damage.

@Kamekaze quote:

Ok, you guys are getting the megashark expecting it to be a left click blender of doom. It's not. If you're trying to use it with a hero damage/hero crit build, you're gonna have a bad time. If you're trying to use it with a hero damage/ability power build, you're gonna have a bad time. Where this weapon shines (relative to the other builds), aside from maybe trash clear, is in an ability power/crit damage build with as much crit chance as possible and the sphere that reduces ability cooldowns per crit.

Tl;dr - Try the Megashark out for ability power crit based builds. It's bad for hero crit/hero damage.

Nothing about it makes it any better than any other weapon for AP/Crit

What it's good at is being a really good overall weapon that doesn't abuse what may be potential bugs like Hammer 1 does and doesn't suffer from accuracy loss at range like Double Tap. If they do determine the Snipe spheres bonus interactions as unintended and that goes away, it won't be so powerful anymore. Nothing more nothing less.

@Soulstiger quote:

@Kamekaze quote:

Nothing about it makes it any better than any other weapon for AP/Crit

I was just giving a best case example that you could justify using it for. I myself can't justify using it for anything since I have no desire to play an ability power Gunwitch. People are expecting a lot of value from the Megashark because it's a 750 weapon when in reality, there's no real reason to use it over what else is available. Unless you love clearing trash mobs I guess.

8/s is nice... but doesn't it kill your Bewitching sphere? I think I can get nearly 500k with an ability 'Witch & Megashark but one should get nearly double that with Hammer / Bewitching / Lich.

In fact, I bought two of these fish. One with Ability [500k with Book alone] and one with Crit. Couldn't get Bewitching to work well so I went for straight Book / Lich / Crit... couldn't get to 500k.

I bought two since I thought I'd just Book with one 'Witch, swap to my Crit version... best stick with a nice Hammer.