Sign in to follow this  
TheGamingSession

Siege Tanks are OP, and I can't power level to 50 anymore...

I am dissappointed with this update.

I can't power level to 50 fast with the Assault on Throne Room map anymore...

One Siege Tank? Eh should be easy enough...                   

Three Siege Tanks spawning instantly in a synchronized fashion? Ok... *Rage Quit*

I'd rather play on "Harbinger's Ship" - Defense NM4, but instead of one Harbinger there's three of them.                                 

That'd be more fun than fighting three enemies that only have 8 million HP but actually seems like they have 1 billion HP.

I don't even have any DPS heroes that can deal with this tank, I would if I could just get myself a level 50 DPS Huntress... 

btw, how is it making itself immune to EV2's LASER! EV2's LASER is a beam that is made out of extremely hot LIGHT, protons that are heated to absolute oblivion, being so hot, that it cannot even penetrate metal? what type of metal is this tank made out of? what is its melting point?

I just hope the "can no longer power level to 50 fast" thing is just a bug, I'm more worried about not being able to level up to 50 fast than dealing with three Siege Tanks all at once, because this game is already repetitive enough.

P.S: The EV2 blah blah Metal Melting Point is there as an inside joke, we all know that it's just a game xD

I wasnt aware they spawned in the Campaign missions....

I do Assault Throne Campaign Hard.. load up all my original heroes with 20% xp spheres n level 1-50 in 1 or 2 runs.. theres no Ogres so i wouldnt assume there is any Rollies.. try that instead

I haven't checked all through the campaign but I don't think they do spawn in campaign.

The Assault on Throne Room exp gift should have been removed IMO.

Fast tracking players to 50 doesn't help them get to grips with the real gameplay they need later.

IMO NM levels should be gated by forcing players to complete x number of NMx maps plus Betsy prior to accessing the next level.

@Fozzie quote:

I haven't checked all through the campaign but I don't think they do spawn in campaign.

Fast tracking players to 50 doesn't help them get to grips with the real gameplay they need later.

IMO NM levels should be gated by forcing players to complete x number of NMx maps plus Betsy prior to accessing the next level.

At the same time you normally reach 50 just by doing the whole campaign only once. So it's not like there is no easy way to first reach lvl 50 and get a good experience with the game either. It's the players fault in that case.

what op mentions are 2 separate problems

1. what metal used to make up of the tank and it's melting point.

2. you can no longer power level heroes in campaign assault throne room.

XP spheres are currently broken (as in don't work), if you want to level something, Harbringer on normal still yields around 240k, you need a few more runs but still doable.

@LJMjollnir quote:

I wasnt aware they spawned in the Campaign missions....

I do Assault Throne Campaign Hard.. load up all my original heroes with 20% xp spheres n level 1-50 in 1 or 2 runs.. theres no Ogres so i wouldnt assume there is any Rollies.. try that instead

They don't spawn on the Assault on Throne Room Campaign map, but I've seen them in one of the campaign maps called "The Dead Road", it's just impossible to grind gear nowadays.

@TheGamingSession quote:

They don't spawn on the Assault on Throne Room Campaign map, but I've seen them in one of the campaign maps called "The Dead Road", it's just impossible to grind gear nowadays.

They dont spawn on the Incursion version of that map tho ;)

@TheGamingSession quote:

I don't even have any DPS heroes that can deal with this tank, I would if I could just get myself a level 50 DPS Huntress... 

Playing without a DPS hero in NM difficulty is about as risky as playing without walls. Sure 99% of the time you will be carried by your PDT's but have any of you guys considered that PDTs might get fixed?

STOP RELYING ON CHEESE! and start playing properly, that means an array of builders, and DPS heroes. If you get caught short, sure it sucks and we all complain but start working on a solution.

I got caught short when they nerfed Sky Dragon's Fury, I also complain and then thought hang on... lets just find a solution. So I sat to making a burst melee hero and a support/AOE dps hero, I am now having more fun then I had with Sky Dragon's Fury.

You are only as strong as your weakest link, right now you are campaign level due to your weakest link being a leveling DPS hero. So stop trying to play NM4, and start playing at the level of your DPS hero.

My advice to you however is, level up a DPS monk as melee are great against the siege rollers.

A guide I made can be found in this thread: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/141708/dps?page=1%231254559

Xp sheres do not work AND 35% xp bonuses from each lv50 characters in deck no longer work too. Anyone saying it does is not paying attention or I'm just very unlucky and the game is giving me 100% bug chance. 260k xp from Harbinger by the way in Normal and Hard Campaign difficulty. I'm not getting any different xp numbers.

@Fozzie quote:

Idk. The game doesn't teach you a whole lot during the Campaign either. It's been proven in other games that games that provide people with a way to fast track new/alternative characters to end game have a better retention rate.

You can keep pushing to male the game as brutal as possible, but you gotta be consumer friendly or people will just go play one of the many hundred other options out there.

I love DD2 and it's one of my games of choice, but I have definitely bailed on a lot of games I was only curious about because of unnecessary grinds. I'm sure DD2 is one of those games for a lot of people. Gotta give them that initial rush of progression before the REAL game starts or they'll just go back to their other stuff.