has ANYONE been able to solo Ogre Crush on hard/insane? Friend of mine challenged me to, but I honestly dont see how thats possible... Anyone managed it?

Edit: NO DU ALLOWED, just clarifying

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Set 2 deathly strike towers for each ogre spawn and block their path with some apprentice barricades, the ogres are so stupid that most of the time they get distracted by the towers and ignore the blockades but cant get further, youll also need some decent hero dps and its easy

Solo with monk/squire
Spike barricade + str drain aura on each path
Plent of time to kill, and plenty of spare du

Solo with monk/app
Magic barricades
str drain
fireball towers

HOLY BALLS thats a lot of responses. And just to clarify, my friend is a giant ****, so he wants to do it WITHOUT TOWERS... But thanks anyways, ill try these out for getting my high five.

1) Start game as Monk. Put up 5 Strength Auras (one at each choke), switch to Squire, put up 2 blockades in front, kill first ogre.

2) Place 1 blockade on far side of wooden plank bridge, and 1 ballista on the opposite side facing the bridge/blockade. In back, if you have time, place 1 blockade at the top of the last set of stairs before the crystal and then place ballistas so they can hit both sides... typically ballistas end up between the crystals. Kill all 3 ogres that spawn.

3) Kill all ogres that spawn, starting with front and working your way around. Repair as much as possible before next round.

4) Kill all ogres that spawn. Use Blood Rage if you didnt' get to fully repair and make sure to kill the Ogres at any unrepaired sections prior to taking out Ogres at fully repaired blockades.

5) Same as 4.

Insane, 4 mage blocks between each ogre and the crystal (except for the middle ogre) and a squire with an elemental damage weapon and healing fairy. Kill top, right, bloodrage, rear right, right left, top left, repair rebuild and repeat. :)

Spike Barricades and a DPS huntress is the main way..though if you are great at kiting im sure it can be done pure DPS huntress :D it's only like 5 ogres at most on solo?

What you would have to do is have 4 people, and everyone would have to be 40k+ DPS without cooldowns (i.e. Blood Rage) to down the Ogres in a useful amount of time. You'd have someone in the back draw/taunt both Ogres and dance around and down them, then have guys on the sides assist in the few extra seconds they have between spawns. It'd be a huge pain but it's certainly possible with sufficient DPS. You have to be REALLY tanky though, since the Ogres will own you if you get tagged more than a few times.

What you would have to do is have 4 people, and everyone would have to be 40k+ DPS without cooldowns (i.e. Blood Rage) to down the Ogres in a useful amount of time. You'd have someone in the back draw/taunt both Ogres and dance around and down them, then have guys on the sides assist in the few extra seconds they have between spawns. It'd be a huge pain but it's certainly possible with sufficient DPS. You have to be REALLY tanky though, since the Ogres will own you if you get tagged more than a few times.

Solo :P with no towers. Good idea though, handy if they ever add pure strategy to challenges

hmm, how would i delay them? fire off a few shots as i go around?
If you can manage to get aggro on them all that'd work :P. but my idea is just ensnare auras all over the place. If you don't wanna use any then you'll just need to be on your feet about the DPS. Ogres don't have much health.

Solo :P with no towers. Good idea though, handy if they ever add pure strategy to challenges

Pure strategy is towers only, not no towers.

I'd say it's impossible to solo on insane with 1 person and no towers. If the ogre's held aggro on the player a lot better, it might be possible by essentially kiting them all to one location and beating them down at once. I'm pretty sure you can't keep an ogre on insane that preoccupied with you though, they seem to like the shiny crystal.

essentially with no towers/auras/traps on insane is not possible by last wave that spawn at 5 points and your not gonna kill all of them with no form of delay your friend gave you an impossible task. ESPECIALLY with the 40% increase in ogre health for solo. If you have super boss killer might mighttt be able to take them on hard thou.

has ANYONE been able to solo Ogre Crush on hard/insane? Friend of mine challenged me to, but I honestly dont see how thats possible... Anyone managed it?

Yep i did it earlier with my tower build squire.